Merge Downtime: Freeport, Permafrost, & Nagafen - Weds, Nov 11 @ 7AM PT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Dexella Associate Producer

The server consolidation for the Freeport, Permafrost, and Nagafen servers merging into Skyfire will start on Wednesday, November 11, 2015 at 7AM PST*. This downtime is expected to take 24 hours, which means these servers are scheduled to be unavailable until Thursday, November 12, 2015 at 7AM PST.*

Important Notes for Players:
    • Players should pick up soulbound (NoTrade) items from shared housing (such as Guild Halls) BEFORE the merge. This will prevent losing ownership of placed items during this merge.
    • When the consolidation is complete on Thursday, players should delete their "logincache-us" or else LaunchPad character logins may fail.
    Note that the Terrors of Thalumbra Beta server will also be available to players during this downtime. To learn more about the Terrors of Thalumbra Beta, visit this link.

We appreciate all of our players’ patience and support during server consolidations. If you haven’t been keeping up on server merges, you can find out more in our most recent FAQ here.

*Convert This Downtime to Your Local Time
    Rose, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Meshaw like this.
  2. Eles Well-Known Member

Do you want to be part of something amazing?
    • Roleplaying Community
    • Hard Core Raiding Guilds
    • Hard Core Crafting Guilds | Over 9000 quests just to be allowed to apply. :(
    • Best Home Decorators are in Antonia Bayle
    • Casual, family, solo, and crafting guilds.
    • LBGT Guilds
    • Progression Guilds | Enjoy Retroraids without the TLE nerfs.
    • Strong Community and Most Popular.
    • Has survived to the Age of Ends of Kerafyrm and SOE | One of the last standing servers.
    • SLR (Service Level Resources ) consulting folks.
    Some good people from Antonia is giving away some backpacks and starter kit pack so you can continue with your adventures on Antonia Bayle. And if you want to stay on Skyfire, no hard feelings, just enjoy the game have a nice day :D

Remember to use your free token to transfer to Antonia Bayle.

[IMG]
  3. Foretold Well-Known Member

4. Maddestmonte Member

First of all, I'd like to say...WOOOT! Server merge finally! We're saved! Second, me and whatever few guildies I have left have already decided...it's AB for us. We'll be guild shopping once we get our bearings! Lots of variety on AB, we're looking for a guild that likes doing heroic zones, is not hardcore raid (been there done that not wanting to do it again), but might occassionally raid (or even multi-guild raid) on like, a Saturday or Sunday once in a while!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Eles like this.
  5. Dreadtalon Active Member

---
    Yeah, but remember, playing on Freeport is like hanging out with Uncle Eddie from National Lampoons Vacation / Christmas Vacation. And really, who doesn't love hangin' with Uncle Eddie?!?!

Never a dull moment!

Dreadtalon, a Freetard of Freeport (Sig will change to Tardfire after the merger, looking forward to it, yeah!)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Eles like this.
  6. Uncle Active Member

start with this quote there is always one and you and forgot Over inflated economy due to bot crews running rampant from a certain spam site... Anyhow finally to our merge happening that has been long overdue and I am recruiting raiders for our guild Genesis of skyfire

UNclebrig/Uncleheals
  7. Eradani Well-Known Member

just tried to /camp to a toon on nagafen - error message
    Cannot find world Skyfire
    ... the plot thickens
  8. Zandor New Member

Has this issue the last couple of days. If you camp out, and go to the character select page. it seems to then let you in without incident.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. Siren Well-Known Member

Shared banks all emptied (warning to Nagafen peeps who have toons on both sides of the fence: your currently-separate shared banks are going to get slammed together into the overflow of the first toon you log into Skyfire with, post-merger, because bluebie server Freeps and Qs have the same shared banks!!)....Not to mention that I've got toons on both Nagafen and Freeport, so it's double trouble for me in the shared bank scenario....

*ducks for cover and prays*

Hey, how about soulbound personal house items that one of your alts on your same account (or your family members from their accounts) have placed in your personal house? Will you lose those items from your personal house too, or is it only Guild Halls that are affected? Because I have a bunch of people with the highest permissions listed on some of my personal homes, plus all my alts on my main account and second account....
  10. ZUES Well-Known Member

There is a guild on AB that is composed of 90% former Freeport players (Hyperion, Tetrarch and Aegis). It's called Reign Storm. Necrofrostx is the guild leader, send him a tell.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  11. Xevran Well-Known Member

Come play on a server that will have considerably less people, most of which are bots and will probably need merged next year! Sounds great.

Edit: Though I am pretty excited to get my stuff off of AB with the transfer token, thanks Daybreak.
    Belenos, Hartsmith and Siren like this.
  12. Tabri Well-Known Member

Pulling all of mine but one off AB and moving them to Skyfire.
    Belenos, Pohondo, Lexxiii and 3 others like this.
  13. Kelvmor Active Member

Once the servers become available again on Thursday morning at 7 PDT, will the free transfer become available the moment we log in to Skyfire server?
  14. Pyrosandstorm New Member

Yay, they finally announced it.
  15. Xevran Well-Known Member

I wouldn't expect it until the week after the merge at the earliest personally, just in case there are issues with Skyfire.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Chikkin like this.
  16. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

See, I have an issue with Freeport and Guk. Never liked either of these zones visually nor mechanically (Curse you, 100-mile deep swamp with undead frogloks!).

In all seriousness though, would be weird if AB suddenly got deserted and Skyfire/Halls/Maj'dul went super-pop'd.
    Kittybock likes this.
  17. Kyrieath Member

From my own experience in the Halls of Fate merge: An item placed in a house that is owned by a different character than the item owner will become owned by the character that owns the house, regardless of what accounts they were possibly attached to. In the case of being placed in a more public setting, such as guild halls, they seem to become up for grabs and the first character to pick them up (if they have that level of access) owns them.

It's not a guaranteed thing, though. It didn't happen to everyone and other folks had different issues such as characters with the same name interfering with ownership; it seems pretty hit and miss for if it happens. Your best bet is just to pick up what items you definitely want to keep and let the less important things or ones you can't pick up but their owners haven't reclaimed by then ride it out. Don't try to return the items to them via the mail system if there's any chance they won't get on in time to pick up the mail prior to the merge.

Glad to see plenty of warning is being given this time though. That 24 hour heads up for Halls of Fate set off quite the firestorm on Guk, at very least. It was our very own disaster movie of people running in the streets, desperately trying to decide what to save for sure and what to let take its chances.
  18. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

so not looking forward to this! let us hope they have most of the kinks worked out, i expect some of course.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Pohondo like this.
  19. Blackdog Member

Thank you for the announcement!!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and rainy1 like this.
  20. Dude Well-Known Member

I really appreciate the merge, but putting it on Veteran's Day, a US federal holiday when many will be off work and school, doesn't seem like the best choice. Any chance of putting it off until the 12th?