Melee priest class cloaks... with doublecast?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by -Soteria-, Feb 10, 2016.

1. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

I mean... in the GU100 stuff there are items with just TONS of flurry... so it's kinda moot now I suppose. You can cap flurry without having any on your cloak, so I guess doublecast is OK to have...
  2. Billyrayy Active Member

I got a good feeling its in next weeks update.
  3. Entropy Well-Known Member

Combine belt from Zek have both, just like RC ones. Gotta do some work if you want double bonus.
  4. Billyrayy Active Member

I'd settle for them just having the correct stats (they clearly do not), even though its almost a moot point now with the statflation on gu100 gear
  5. oranges Member

Maybe it was their way of dealing with the priest cloak complaints.
  6. Billyrayy Active Member

You are giving them too much credit. They ignored it and it happened to work out with inflategate GU100.
  7. Billyrayy Active Member

I'll check back next week
  8. Billyrayy Active Member

Still unfixed
  9. Billyrayy Active Member

10. Anaogi Well-Known Member

I've been working a dual-spec since getting my defiler's cloak. I'm not 100% on either but that's not exactly the point of the character, so...
  11. Billyrayy Active Member

Think it'll be next week. :)
  12. Buffrat Well-Known Member

I hope it's not next week, since doublecast has been better for awhile now.

If we were gonna change cloaks lets change bard and crusader cloaks from flurry to doublecast and add defensive stats to tank cloaks.

Post GU100 I'd kill for doublecast on my cloak as a beastlord.
    -Soteria- likes this.
  13. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

What in particular affected by double cast for beastlord? (just curious)
  14. Mermut Well-Known Member

Perhaps, but it does jack all for melee priests :p
  15. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

Ehhhhh.... I mean...
    My avenging ancestors doublecasts... and my two DoT combat arts(of course you know that since you're the smarty mcsmart who pointed that out to me, even!)... and wrath... rabies... that's like half of my stuff. And it's the "good" half. Since auto attack is now around 2-4% of my damage... I'll actually take that over flurry now. And flurry will only get less useful as potency grows.

A couple weeks ago I dropped all my melee stats in favor of doublecast and ability mod, and it was definitely the right choice. I even went so far as to buy a doublecast belt from the mushroom guy. That said, not every priest has as much potency as I do yet, not every class has avenging ancestors, and most shamans don't get resets on it so I'm not a good example of the norm for melee priests. But if potency keeps inflating the way it has been... I think it will be where doublecast even for a couple of spells is still better than flurry. At least that's the way I see things going.