Melee priest class cloaks... with doublecast?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by -Soteria-, Feb 10, 2016.

1. bartlesman New Member

2. Mermut Well-Known Member

In DoV they tried to kill the melee priest with at total lack of itemization for them, maybe this (along with the lack of a 2-handed weapon with early advantage most priests can use better then the advanced solo version) is part of their way of trying again?
  3. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Tried to kill? DoV is the reason for years of mele priest domination. Introducing special mele stats and items were the hugest mistake that eventualy lead to the the inflation of stats and the bad shape of the game mechanic.

And before DoV mele priests had the same toolkit as other priests.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

No, in DoV, spell weapons were introduced.. and haste, dps and MA were split into spell weapon haste, and regular haste, etc.. and all the priest items just had the spell weapon stuff. Plus there was no 'forced' melee' option so if you had a focus item equipped, every time you cast a spell (even a debuff or heal) it would turn on your spell ranged auto attack.. and since it turned on AFTER the spell finished casting, we couldn't even use the ranger trick of macroing it to turn on our melee auto-attack.

They did fix it later in the expac, but at launch it was horrid for melee priests.
  5. Guurzak Active Member

At least you get some benefit from the stat, even if it's not the one you'd prefer.

Bruiser cloak has Focus, Disruption, and Subjugation on it.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

Double cast doesn't help with heals and melee priests use combat arts, not spells....
  7. Cutcha New Member

It's obvious they wanted all priests to be spells based this expansion anway.
    -Soteria- likes this.
  8. Healious Active Member

Clearly you are correct. Unfortunately it currently makes little sense for actual intelligent players to do so on the previously stated archetypes.
    Cutcha and -Soteria- like this.
  9. Cutcha New Member

At this point any response on this issue would be nice. 23 votes on the issue tracker and many posts on the forums since the problem was seen in beta and nothing has been said by Daybreak. The bad part is I am not surprised that nothing has been said.
    Healious likes this.
  10. Healious Active Member

Agreed
  11. Slick1155 New Member

12. Billyrayy Active Member

Didn't see this fix in today's notes. Must have been an oversite?
  13. Billyrayy Active Member

-Soteria- likes this.
  14. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

LOL billy, what a trooper you are! <3
  15. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

You know, I actully like double cast, and I would like to get more on my inquisitor. Three of my four aoe/encounter abilities are spells.
  16. Mermut Well-Known Member

How much of your damage comes from those spells compared to your auto-attack?
    Billyrayy and Cutcha like this.
  17. oranges Member

So since they went ahead and put the kitchen sink on the Zek belts, can we go ahead and have both flurry and doublecast now? Or even just putting two separate cloaks to accommodate both playstyles as suggested on the issue tracker would be great.
    -Soteria- and Billyrayy like this.
  18. Billyrayy Active Member

Dang DB, you guys forgot it in this weeks update again. I'll check next week. :)
  19. Billyrayy Active Member

Nope not this week. See ya next Tuesday.
  20. Mermut Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I don't think they care. In their minds, apparently, all priests are casters