Melee priest class cloaks... with doublecast?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by -Soteria-, Feb 10, 2016.

1. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

So it's obvious to everyone who plays the game that melee priests (Mystic, Warden, Inquisitor, Channeler) get more benefit from flurry than doublecast. At first I assumed putting doublecast on melee priest class cloaks was a simple oversight, and would be quickly fixed once people pointed it out. But it's been awhile, and nope. So I've created an improvement request on the issue tracker site to highlight this problem and hopefully bring about a fix.

Is this something other people are interested in seeing changed?
    Billyrayy, Healious, Kiry and 2 others like this.
  2. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Can you put a link to the issue tracker here in your thread, it will make it easier to get some up votes.
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

The class cloaks seem to be incredibly cookie-cutter... in the worst way. Not only do melee priest cloaks not have flurry, the tank cloaks have no tank stats and there was, quite obviously, no attempt made to 'balance' the various abilties.
    Quick example: Illy buff resets in less then a minute, coercer buff resets very 7.5 minutes (both assuming 100% reuse) and the coercer buff is NOT better, let alone 7+ times better then the illy buff.
  4. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Lol check warlock cloak ... it have effect with spell no one would usually bother to cast ... if cloak would also remove casting time on this spell than it would possibly considered to be marginally useful .. but in current state its not something that worth occupy relic slot
  5. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Well this thread is about the melee priest cloaks and here is the issuetracker Soteria started https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQII-481
    Perhaps other classes can start an issuetracker for THEIR issues with class cloaks:rolleyes:
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  6. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

Thanks Kuulei- appreciate you adding the link.

Yeah in my case, I just won the non-relic tag mystic cloak and I still won't wear it because the effect is -truly- insignificant and I don't want doublecast. I'm better off with my Fabled EoF cloak. I'm sure that's not intended, that people would forego their raid class cloak in favor of last expansion's heroic stuff. Surely. The cloaks need help in a big way, but I think the non-relic ones would at least be equippable if they got the stats right.

Not saying mystics needed a huge amazing effect, they're already pretty solid. But yeah. Ew.
    Slick1155, Kiry, Cutcha and 3 others like this.
  7. Tyman Active Member

Non-relic is pretty good though. Seen parses of it doing 500k-3mil dps per person.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

I'm mainly interested in the warden cloak, but the issue with class cloaks is pretty across the board...
    Kuulei likes this.
  9. oranges Member

Not gonna lie; I wouldn't mind my cloak having both flurry and dc.
  10. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

I would love that, but it's not gonna happen. They said that was a bad decision with the rum cellar/fabled eof stuff and aren't going back to it. So might as well ask for something that could happen, and obviously should imo.

By the way, 4 upvotes on the issue tracker site. Thanks to everyone who upvoted it, but I know there are a lot more than 4 people who would like to see it happen. Doesn't seem like the issue tracker gets much use...
    Kuulei likes this.
  11. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

As a channeler i would be all for this too !
  12. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

As a warlock I am up for it as well :)
    Pixilicious likes this.
  13. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

Warlock ... is that a new priest class ? ^^^ we talking about priest cloaks here :p
  14. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Yes ... we are kind of healing power :)
  15. Kioske Well-Known Member

What, you mean to tell me Inquisitors don't want all that DC? =P
    Healious and -Soteria- like this.
  16. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

The issue tracker "issue" for this says its being reviewed by a moderator. Any idea what that actually means? Haha
  17. MalcolmXBox Active Member

You have a good point, but some play styles prefer the option to alternate from combat art to spell cast on the fly. I'm interested in knowing what stats people would want in place of it; it could change my mind.
  18. Tajar Well-Known Member

I'd much rather have flurry than doublecast on my Channeler's cloak, I don't have the class cloak on my others, but as I play mostly melee healers, I'd be wanting flurry on those too.
    MalcolmXBox and Mermut like this.
  19. MalcolmXBox Active Member

Having both shouldn't be such a crazy idea. It's meant to be a best or near best-in-slot. Am I way off?
  20. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

No, it is def not a crazy idea imo, especially considering last expansion bis cloak had both.
    MalcolmXBox likes this.