Marketplace Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Thordalf, Jul 21, 2020.

1. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Got it from Google Images .. here is the Days of Summer 2017 Armor .. although for some reason they are showing it from the back .. that is it .. the shocking pink armor that is composed of the pieces that I named earlier:

EQ2Wire » EverQuest II Days of Summer 2017 – Weekly Rewards

Although with the other pieces I named gotten from Zun Li you can get an entirely shocking pink armor set complete with a shocking pink warhammer. I see the pauldrons on this picture shown from behind are not the ones that I am using, they are darker.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

(1) Open the Examine window for the item.
    (2) SHIFT-click the icon in the Examine window to send the link to your chat window.
    (3) Highlight the link that appeared to chat and paste it here and it becomes an aLink like the ones I posted above.

Shopping for outfits is my guilty pleasure in EQ2.
    Hartsmith and WhysperWynde like this.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Sigrdrifa likes this.
  4. Dawnmeadow Member

I would give Daybreak a pile of $$ if I could get Frostfell Wonderland Village as a prestige house. The Snowy Dwelling is great - but I want the ice and all of the glacial islands!
    Griffon Lady, Rarkevan and Geroblue like this.
  5. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

OK this worked partially. I did the open Examine Window on a cloak in my Inventory and SHIFT-Clicked on the Icon and it went to my Chat Window. But when I tried to Paste it here on EQ2 Forum in this thread it comes out as the last screenshot that I took and when I try to Post I get a message saying it's too long, could I shorten it. So I am missing something. What do you mean Sigrdrifa by HIGHLIGHT the Link in Chat? I don't know what that is or how to do that. When I either Left Click it or Right Click it in Chat nothing really happens. Well Right Click brings up the usual list of Chat Options. How do I Highlight the Link in the Chat Window please? I like this .. bypasses having to use Shutterfly (which I just discovered by accident) or Photobucket which I usually use for screenshot posting.
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Click in the chat box right behind where the link is, press SHIFT and then HOME to highlight it, then CTRL X to cut it to the Clipboard. Then you can CTRL V to paste it wherever.

These are the standard Windows operations, in other words.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Falbal New Member

No, I do not use the marketplace, because I don't pay real money in an online game.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If you are a member, you don't have to use real money. They give us DBC$500 monthly.
    Hartsmith likes this.
  9. Falbal New Member

But being a member costs real money.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It doesn't have to. Start by harvesting your kiester off, and picking up shinies along the way. Sell rares and shinies. Keep doing this until you have enough plat to buy a Krono at the lowest price your server averages (price goes up around the end of the month as people renew payments). Put that Krono on the broker at the higher end of the price range for your broker. When it sells,bank the profit but buy another Krono and sell it. Keep selling harvests and rares.

It doesn't take very long until you can just flip Kronos and have plenty of in-game currency. Then you can use the Kronos to buy a membership.
  11. Falbal New Member

But I can't use the broker. :) I know there are some tokens that let me do that, but then I must buy those.
    Or is it only buying that I can't do? I have never tried to sell anything.

Edit: I just had a look at the broker, and those kronos cost around 10 million platinums :confused:, so that will probably never happen. I have been playing for a couple of months, my character is level 95, and I have 900 platinums. :rolleyes:
    But I am actually quite happy playing the game for free as it is, so that is okay.
  12. Dristlin Member

That much grind, is quite a investment. It takes allot less time to earn real world money to buy the kronos.
    Hartsmith likes this.
  13. Dristlin Member

There is a class of merc that can use standard appearance items. The basic ones from when they launched. They built them with player race base. Collectors and merc crate use non standard appearance race and are not compatible with appearance items. They are the lowest quality treasured, I use appearance items on Trundo Flitterfling (tracker from basic mercs) to dress him up in holiday outfits.
    Hartsmith likes this.
  14. Sziks New Member

I'd like to see some of the unique npc animations turned into emotes and made available to buy on the marketplace. I'd pay for cool fluff things like that. It would be cool if the Vah Shir and Aerykyn animations were adapted to some of the vanilla models/rigs too, i'd also like to buy them as alternate idle/walk/combat animations that can be toggled in my character window ala illusion appearance, or voiceovers
  15. chattie Well-Known Member

lolololololololololololol:rolleyes:
  16. Izanami Member

Why are race change potions only a 2-pack? I'm sure there used to be only one, at about 1450 SC (half the price of 2-pack). There's only one character I want to change, so what am I going to do with an extra one? I feel like I'm being bilked, which puts me off buying anything.

Please bring back the singular race change potions!

Also I have a ton of Dungeons Marks from when I last played and nothing to spend them on. The mount and other stuff is gone from the market and there's no way to get that stuff now, as far as I know. Please either bring back that section, add in an NPC for it, or let us exchange Dungeon Marks for Loyalty Tokens and but the old DM items on the loyalty vendors.
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Moss Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I've seen a lot of players buying these two 2-pack since the latest fix on reforge, especially on top raid guilds.

Why ? Because they have put best mercenary available in-game today as a quest reward for the new Vah Shir race (and only usable by them). It is the only mercenary in game that gives an insane crit bonus buff that compensate the recent bug fix on crit bonus. Even players who have spends thousands of real money and/or hundreds of millions of plats to get the p2w crates Mircus mercenary are changing race to get the new one.

I'm sure a lot of players will be glad to have the second potion to revert to their initial race once they have unlocked the mercenary (if they could still use the mercenary afterward).... as many players are also complaining on the model of the Vah Shir and the choice of inner abilities compare to other races.
  18. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Whatchu talkin' about, Willis?

At 3:41PM Central today.

[IMG]
    Hartsmith and Breanna like this.
  19. Scalo Active Member

can you please add to market place... a possibility to buy the Station Cash for Kronos?
    (like 1000 cash for 1 krono).
    that would be great!
  20. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

I have a suggestion that it's an item, but would involve the marketplace.

I have played games that give tiny amounts of their cash shop currency (their version of Daybreak Cash) when people play mini games on the company website or watch adds in game. (lil flash games of trivia about the game, memory games, etc...)

Since a lot of people are very against adds, putting the button to watch adds would be best in the menu or in the marketplace window it's self (maybe a horizontal button across the area Nagafen's picture is shown on the marketplace window?). Somewhere that does not infringe on the UI.
    Adding this way to earn DBC would bring income to DBG from showing adds as well as increase accessibility of cash items to people who don't want to put their payment information online (or just don't want to pay for a free-to-play game, or like me, just don't have much cash to spend).