Marketplace Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Thordalf, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Valandra Member

Ok, so I know this is a longshot, but I have always loved the rooms in the catacombs under Qeynos that are vaulted and have the stars on the ceiling... I go there often just for nostalgia's sake. I would LOVE it if we could have a small purchasable house in game that looks like that, with the same music. <3
  2. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Or maybe a marketplace recipe book with a building block set in that pattern skin and the vaulted ceiling as a special bonus recipe? (I've always loved that bit too!)
    WhysperWynde, Valandra and Sigrdrifa like this.
  3. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Something I forgot to ask about. Would it be possible to buy a token from marketplace that allows our characters to be used as mercs? Maybe just alts (would be odd to hire yourself, unless you are RPing twins, I guess)? Maybe even friends or guildies?
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You can purchase the Persona Duplicate (since I just started on coffee, that's probably not the exact name, it's hired near the spire in Plane of Magic). It looks just like you, but it's some flavor of healer.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  5. Circadian Member

For me the marketplace is where I go to aid my adventuring in some gainful way. The items I think are most valuable are the bags, supply depots for houses, transfer tokens, character rename, and such. So obviously things of this nature would sell good, but it’s important to avoid a “pay to win” approach. Something I’ve seen folks looking for is a way to be able to use mercenaries they obtain from preorders. A “port to mercenary” bauble may be a good compromise to get these rewards into the hands of paying customers more easily.
    chattie and Griffon Lady like this.
  6. Zyxia Active Member

1. Yes I use Marketplace often, especially at festival times. I might not always buy but I like to browse.
    2. Not always easy to find what I want - e.g. as a decorator I might need a bed to match the furnishings. If I type bed in the search ? no result. I have to actually go hunt for it which often wastes time.
    3. Yes, special character features would be nice e.g. Characters we pay for BL, Channeler, would be nice to have extras we could buy for DBC like a house, house items gear or anything else that's interesting and related to the Character.
    Also I agree that more sale prices for house items would be great, especially for the decorators who are quite numerous these days.
    4. Marketplace window is easy to find.

AND I would love to see shoes, nice shoes for ladies... LOL
    and ROBES - the ones on the NPCs in PoP are beautiful - I would love to wear one of those, complete with headgear.

One thing I would also like to see is more expressive actions for "socials" e.g. the emote /hug does not hug someone. This would be nice to hug a friend, greet a friend with a handshake, etc. Some of the other socials have no action at all.
    Thanks for letting us air our views :)
    WhysperWynde and Breanna like this.
  7. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

I was thinking more along the lines of gearing up an alt and using it as a merc.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  8. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Thought of another item I'd like to see on the broker. Either one holiday transporter that changes seasonally, or individual transporters that open to all the holiday hotspots. For example, I'd love to see a special mushroom ring house item that allows you to choose which moonlight enchantments instance we go to instead of going from continent to continent.

Another idea was a house item that allows people to go in and harvest holiday craft materials year round.
    Or maybe a house for each season that has nodes in it?
    Or a house item that is a node for each season?
    Oh! That would be fun to decorate a house for each season and put themed nodes in it, or divide a house into different themes and have the related nodes there! Hopefully accessible by anyone who enters the house, but understandable if they are owner or trustee only, or not as many people would buy them if they could use stranger's houses). Not tokens or quest updates, just the crafting stuff.
    WhysperWynde and Juraiya like this.
  9. chattie Well-Known Member

Do you use the Marketplace? If so, how often?
    Rarely, my 500 monthly DB is piling up. I once used it almost daily, and I often bought the 85.00 deal for the most bang for my buck. Why you say? I loved Player Studio I followed the forums to see what was in the pipeline and anxiously waited on the new releases.
    Other than new house items the only other thing that would interest me is appearance gear and I dont mean recolors. lol

Are there features you’d like to see added to the Marketplace?
    I cant remember the last time the vault was opened..so maybe open the vault periodically? Idk
    Someone else mentioned baubles to skip the tedium of leveling up Adorning/Tinkering/Muting for alts..that would be good
    There are many items from older expansions that a lot of people, including me, would buy. Since some of us missed expansions or pre-expansion celebration items, those items could be sold to interested players. This wud in no way involve the dreaded "pay to win" ;) as these items are mostly decorative. As the game gets older and new players arrive making the older stuff available cud be a win/win.

Is the Marketplace window easy to find?
    I think so, the only problem I run into now and then is searching for an item. It be hard to find things sometimes.
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  10. Ryuken Active Member

We need more Mercenaries!

And more different Merc crates , not just Mindbender offer for years!

I do agree with Gingerbread Mercs only being available during Frostfell season.
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Exilya Active Member

Moar petamorph wands, or a wand that allows you to do what the beastlord's ability does to change their pet's appearance?
  12. Ryuken Active Member

More appearance items!

More hats, more shirts, more chaps!
  13. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

I agree with more appearance items particularly hats. I love the hats some of my girls have that came with costumes I guess you'd call them .. the swashbuckler style wide brimmed, feathered hats, the pirate style hats and my High Elf has a lovely dark blue and white outfit that has a sort of Robin Hood style slanted tri-corner hat with feather. More hats definitely!

And also please more cloaks. It is hard with some clothing choices to match a cloak succinctly to the colors of the outfit. Chaps is a clever idea and how about some outfits with jodspurs?

And what about over-the-knee and hip high boots? How about some pirate style boots? Has anyone ever tried designing actual high heels for any of the EQ2 girls outfits? We can have a real style parade going and I bet people would love it and buy it right up.
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The variety of hats came in with Kingdom of Sky and the Blood of the Brood questline, which rewarded class-specific hats. These days, you can pop any class's gear in the wardrobe and use it for appearance, but when those hats came out they were a Big Deal.

Some of the best cloaks came from the Legends of Norrath card game, and most of those had featherfall. These days, there are more cloak options, I never seem to have trouble finding a cloak to match an outfit.

They may be able to do this with pants (which can override the foot appearance), but generally the answer about why we don't have X clothing is that the characters and clothing don't have enough "bones" to make them animate cleanly. That's why we have all those dresses slit to the hoohah, so that leg clipping is minimized.

We do have pirate boots. The big cuff at the top belongs to the pants. I have my gnome in Marketplace clothing that normally includes a peg leg, but I just replace the boots with a regular pair of boots that match the outfit's color closely... it's the most steampunk-looking gear she could get.

[IMG]
    Breanna and WhysperWynde like this.
  15. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Or such a ceiling that can be added to some prestige houses. And a dimmer switch, light/dark, setting that matches the city you enter your prestige house from.

So if its night in Qeynos, I could have it dark in my prestige house, with a ceiling, and have stars up on the ceiling to. As the sun rise occurs in Qeynos, they dim out.

I ask for this, as its boring to have bright light indoors all of the time in my prestige houses.

Of course, the prestige houses with outdoors do seem to cycle into night then back to day. At least I think they do.
    Breanna and WhysperWynde like this.
  16. Dristlin Member

I would have to go with the more than one type of merc crate available.
    Also it would be nice for some of the merc crates mercs to be normal races so you can use appearance items on them and dress them up.

Add points to all the cities to buy set your prestige house. Why if my home city do I have to get prestige houses in another.
    Breanna, Sigrdrifa and WhysperWynde like this.
  17. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Yes Dristlin I was getting all excited about outfitting my Merc with some of the exotic clothing just hanging around in my bank (make them look bizarre instead of characters) until I noticed it said in the blank spot "merc clothing only" something like that. It'd be great if there was a class of them who could wear normal clothing and where in the heck do you get merc clothing? Don't think I've ever seen that option anywhere or didn't notice if I did go past it.

So much THANX to Sigrdrifa for showing me the pirate boots. And talk about TROUBLE matching a cloak to outfit! My Assassin Cedarlilly Wynde who is my first 120 Level character changed from a hooded with mouth-mask dark assassin's attire with black cloak and dark Drakota Mount into a gorgeous eye-popping bright green one of same design to celebrate her ascendency to Level 120. Now she is riding the Green Drakota Mount which I am training and if anyone could give me helpful instructions on how to clear the slots for stirrups and reins I'd be very grateful .. just wait until training raises the level?

But getting back to the Cloak situation .. I gave her these astoundingly long, sharp, glowy greenish/blue swords that are differently named but look the same as her dual wield weapons where she used to have gold, red handled daggers and maroon cuffs to her black outfit (it looked great.) But finding the proper green cloak = !!!! I've tried 3 so far and just not totally happy in blending the bright glowing green assassin clothing with the bluish/green swords. First The Nobleman's Green Cloak seemed good until another of my characters chose that and I realized Cedarlilly needed more bluish green. So tried one something about Sunlessness that's a little too bluish. Then I saw I had a parrot-feather-looking cloak (can't remember name and game is down right now updating) in bank so she's wearing that now .. but it's still off with the blue/green swords. Now I'm thinking Mermaid Cloak might be the cure. But I'm wondering what in heck she's gonna do with all these excess cloaks now = hoping there is a de-claiming function for items (I think there is - again can't remember name) so that some of my other girls could go green .. it'll turn to an Irish Paddy's Day Account LOL! And am also wondering if achieving Level 120 makes characters the pickiest in the world about their look? HAHAHAH!
  18. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

So yes I used an Unattuner to disclaim the Plumewit (parroty) Cloak to give to my Halfling Beastlord gal Bestilia Bornholm and have unattuned the other bluey/green cape from Cedarlilly of Day of Darkness Cloak and it is a beautiful match for the Bluish Grey Tishan's Armor that Sarlissa of Brell Serillis my Iksar Templar wears with some Teal accents to it.

And now I have another lack of exact cloak matching problem with my newly Kerran turned Vah Shir Khatana Hauskarl Luminary of Karana. She wears a mixed set of shocking pink with silver trim armor composed of Tal Ren breastplate, bracers, boots, buckler and warhammer, Warslik greaves and mantle, Greenmist gauntlets and a Lavender Circlet. All but the circlet come out as shocking pink on silver but why the mixed bag I don't know/remember. She bills herself as "Kittah with a Pink Shock Hammer." I HAVE NOT found ANY shocking pink cloaks nor anything close to that color. The best match I could make was the Martial Gabardine Cloak which is actually medium to lavender purple with a blueish grey stripe pattern. Also in the running were Tranquil Thalumbra Cloak which is orangey pink, Ruptured or Broken Boundary Cloak which is maroonish purple trimmed with silver, Majestic Dragon Breath Cloak with it's dark purple & black trim or simply for least color clashing = Full Frost Fabric Cloak that is simply grey or silver. Any other ideas Sigrdrifa? Don't see why if they are going to make such nice outstanding shocking pink armor, even if it is a mixed set, then why not make at least one shocking pink cloak to go with?

So my suggestion from all of that is that they make at least ONE cloak that perfectly compliments/goes with all armor especially the more outstandingly flashy ones like the shocking pink, Teal colors, lime green (my Beastlord wears that and again matching a cloak is hard to get the limeyness.)

**2nd Edit = wanted to add that I've found that Costume Backpacks which also are great for the increased number of slots they offer is a great way to go, especially with hard to match armor. Not that the backpacks are of the unique colors like pink or teal but you feel less like they should match the armor at all. If one item hanging or protruding from the backpack compliments a color in the armor in anyway, it is a plus. Custom design backpacks are a big PLUS whether you option for them to show on character or not = because of the extra carrying room they give.
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I guess this is Panda stuff. It helps if you give the exact name, and even better, the aLink.

I didn't find any cloaks that were a close match. On the broker, I found one cloak that complimented the pink/silver gear:
    \aITEM -1496435233 -1839587713 0 0 0:[Cloak of the Silvered Boundary]\/a

Then via the Marketplace:
    \aITEM 155850642 612585699:Cloak of the Beast\/a
    \aITEM -1169215834 -1087065441:Erollisi Courter's Cloak\/a
  20. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Hmm .. the names are as I stated for each piece. I couldn't remember exactly where I got them so I Googled and they do indeed appear to be from The Panda, Zun Li and his Days of Summer 2017.

Not sure what you'd want me to link? OK it's 2017 Days of Summer with Zun Li Panda as I said and I don't know how to link to that. As per a screenshot I am suffering my new W10 over W7 where I knew exactly how to get to my EQ2 files and move Screenshots into my EQ2 Folder in Photos on my computer = but I haven't found the way to open my EQ2 files yet with Windows10. It just keeps going to the Installation Key.

WOWZERZ Sigrdrifa!!! You NAILED the exact matching cloak that I need with The Marketplace Erollisi Courtier's Cloak .. beautiful and perfect match! How I missed that I don't know; except that it sounds a lot like Cloak of Erollisi's Ardor that you can buy in the ingame marketplace and I did consider that one = so I probably just saw the name when looking at Marketplace cloaks and thought they were the same. RATZ!! Because now I've got to wait until my "old age dole" comes in on the 3rd to buy the beautifully matching shocking pink Erollisi's Courtier's Cloak next month. Oh well, waiting for a couple of other things as well = a white flying mount for my monk who wears white but now rides a green unicorn and Discordant Fiddle Weapon costing 1500 DB Coins on The Marketplace for my Bard Kitty Vatazha. She has now the Bard's Backpack that has a stringed instrument of some sort peeking out so the Fiddle will be great! Thanks Sigrfrida, that cloak is the perfect match. So I gotta lot to look forward to in new year already.