Marketplace Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Thordalf, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Cassta Well-Known Member

Ditto
  2. Vulnere Active Member

A couple thoughts:

1)
    I have 11 alts I play.. and some of them, the older characters from years past are low on adorning/tinkering/transmuting..
    I am tempted sometimes to get them the tradeskill boost... but they won't be tradeskilling.. they just want the adorning/tinkering/transmuting, all of which are useful even if you aren't trade-skilling. I think an 'adorning/tinkering/transmuting' catch-up bauble, if priced like maybe 750 DBG should sell pretty well.
    I do like 30 to 60 minutes every day at the daily adorning/tinkering/transmuting quest and it's burning me out.

2)
    Since launch, I have felt forced to play Half-Elves, as they can track, and are not ugly. I really dislike being so limited..
    I don't understand why DPG doesn't do 'talent' unlocks in the cash shop. Give people the option to unlock a 'rare talent'
    such as tracking, for a character race that wouldn't normally get it. It might be a lot of fun, depending on how you market it..
    you could play an ogre but say your mother/grandmother was a hobbit or elf, that's why you can track! I'd price it around
    1000 DBG.. a race potion is 1450.. this would let you pick ONE talent from another race.

3) I've seen other games, where you can buy a buff from the cash shop that lasts for an entire month.. these things get pretty addicting.. and you wind up buying them every month, long after you don't need them anymore .. If I were you, I'd sell "blessings" -- things like 50% less cost to upgrade spells/skills for a month for one account.. for people with a lot of alts like me, that would sound pretty attractive. Maybe 500 DBC for 1 blessing that lasts a month.. members might choose to use that for their monthly allotment instead of a cobalt crate or familiar.. I don't know your 'metrics', but I'd be surpriseed if much of your revenue comes from that upgrade early option.. I spend way too much money on games, but even for me, with 11 alts, I almost NEVER pay to speed up research.. it's just not sensible. If I do it for 1 character, the other 10 feel neglected.

Just some ideas.
  3. Miroh Well-Known Member

The tradeskill boost token will give you maxed Adorning, Tinkering and Transmuting as long as your toon is adventure lvl 120.

Class and Race traits should remain that. You'll be ok to not be able to have the exact same thing as every other class or race.
    This would be another reason for people leaving due to pay to win mechanics.
    Griffon Lady and Cassta like this.
  4. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

I use the Marketplaces both ingame & the EQ2 Marketplace of the little bottom right Wheelbarrow Icon CONSTANTLY. I was decorating 2 of my houses & at a great loss when the EQ2 Marketplace was down for a few days = what was it like 5 days or something? I kept telling myself that it was because Dark Paw was adding so many new & exciting items to marketplace that it had to be taken down. When it did come back online it was pretty much the same as always; but that was OK, I was glad to have it back.

I've thought of a suggestion for The Marketplace = how about making some of the older Treasured Items available on the Marketplace after awhile? Especially very old ones that perhaps the Quests to get them aren't even there anymore. I don't know how much this is the case; but I visit & rate other houses a lot & see things that are not available to me, they are Treasured but can't find anyway to get them.
    Cassta likes this.
  5. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

make this apply to every item with an RNG attached to it, in fact, just remove RNG altogether from everything not Gambling Goblin. I, personally, prefer reward choices to be my own.
    Juraiya, Cassta and Sigrdrifa like this.
  6. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I like the idea of a monthly circulating vault. i don't care for the idea of it being sub only, but a vault that brings out items on a circulatory basis 3-4 times a year. that's a great idea.
    Juraiya, WhysperWynde and Cassta like this.
  7. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

i can't simultaneously like and dislike this post enough.
    Juraiya and Cassta like this.
  8. parissa Well-Known Member

Would love to see the marketplace open the vault on old items of the past... It's been a while since we have had new houses added to the marketplace... Would love to see more of those... I would like to see some that are like estate of unrest with front and back outdoor areas and the house to decorate.. Maybe a little smaller than the unrest one... I have it and it's huge... Like the one place where we do the halloween quest to save the granddaughter from the zombies... Where it has a few houses and a courtyard... Can't think of the zone right off hand... But that would be neat too... As long as you can go inside the houses...
    chattie, WhysperWynde, Cassta and 2 others like this.
  9. Marae Well-Known Member

I use the marketplace from time to time - usually when there is a sale, but occasionally when I need a specific item, usually something for house decorating. If there are new items, I will check to see what they are, but there haven't been many of those lately, as others have noted. I agree with those who suggest that more new items would be a good idea, and more frequent sales. Sometimes that will be enough to get people's attention, even if the sale prices are modest.

I am in total agreement with those who would like you to do away with random grab-bag anything. There are items, including a prestige home, from LON that I absolutely would have bought, even if they were not on sale, but I could not justify buying a bunch of chances at getting them, and likely having nothing to show for it that I actually wanted.

I also would like to be able to buy the appearance familiar of my choice. I can sort of understand the high-stat familiars being hidden behind the RNG, and I appreciate that we have an option to get familiars for free through the Familiars Wild quest. I will say, though, that I would be much more likely to pay for a good familiar, especially if I could choose the specific one I wanted, than for a chance at a good familiar. But I believe one should absolutely be able to choose what the familiar looks like, for the sake of role play. I would definitely buy a familiar if it was the right one for my character and I was guaranteed that I would get what I wanted. Without that guarantee, I would rather spend my time in the Familiars Wild grind than throw my money away on chances.

I also would like to see some of the older items return, including Collector's Edition items after a suitable period of time. And yes, I would love to see some new prestige homes! Especially outdoor areas.
    Juraiya, Finnya, WhysperWynde and 2 others like this.
  10. Hdizzleh Member

1. Marketplace menu option is easy to pull up / find... I would personally like to be able to expand the window so i can see more of the listed options at once.

2. I used to seek out marketplace items more frequently (spending my own $$) but lately I only purchase items using the monthly 500 DBC as there aren't many items that still excite me..

3. Things i'd like to see/would purchase:

-> More realistic mounts (tiger/cheetah/snow leopard, snowy owl/bald eagle/toucan, panda/polar bear/grizzly bear... etc etc). We have some good options, but i'd love to see and would buy more! - currently working on the 140 mount achievement
    -> Swimming mount - More of a fluff/appearance feature, but this could benefit those that cant fly yet, perhaps add a swimming speed boost or the benefit of underwater breathing, +fishing skills, etc. We've had quite a few zones with lots of water the past few xpacs. I'm not sure how, but perhaps there's a way you could have both a land and aquatic mount equipped at the same time, which alternate automatically if you are swimming vs flying...You could add mounts such as a dolphin, turtle, manatee, manta ray, crocodile, etc..
    -> Fly-able appearance ground mounts: For the sake of appearance mounts, please make the ground mounts fly-able once you've reached the appropriate level!!! Id purchase some right this second if that were so (Snowmane, Voidspirit Unicorn). For example, last seasons NotD hound looks like a ground mount, but wings appeared when you fly- i love this!!)
    -> Combat Illusion Pets: More realistic appearances ...I would definitely buy these
    -> Fluff pets: Same as above. I've got plenty of wolves and prowlers/kittens. Lets see some more realistic options!
    -> No RNG - I would buy individual familiars/LoN items for appearance sake but will never waste DBC on these random crates/bags/boxes.
    -> Others have mentioned discounts and sales and obviously I wouldn't say no to that. I have 13+ toons. If members got a larger discount, or sales were more frequent, I wouldv'e purchased the free TS boost for all of them buy now!.
    -> Vaulted items/old CE stuff: I would also love to see purchasable items added. I completely understand the perk of buying items in CE and that being a special bonus for the extra cash spent, but for expansions released years ago there should be an option for newer players to be able to purchase them. I'm seeing an influx of new and returning players that would benefit from some of those items or simply might want things for appearance/housing/etc.

***Clearly i'm mount/animal obsessed - I admit i have a problem! :)-
  11. Marae Well-Known Member

I agree with Hdizzleh's suggestion for some more realistic looking mounts and pets of various sorts (including familiars). For instance, we have plenty of cute and cuddly baby dragons, kittens and wolf pups. It would be nice to have some more adult-looking dragons, cats, wolves, and so on.

I've often thought how strange it is that the moment you go into deep water, your mount disappears. I mean, real life horses can swim, even while carrying a rider. I guess it's probably an animation issue, but I agree, it would be kind of fun to have a swimming mount, or at least one that didn't disappear every time you went into deep water.

And I strongly second their suggestion for flyable appearance ground mounts!!! There are some wonderful ground mounts that would look awesome flying. As far as I'm concerned, they don't have to have wings added or anything; just let them gallop up into the air like the ones at the mount stations in Lavastorm and Loping Plains.
  12. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

I love Hdizzleh's post and suggestions. Best one I liked was Ground Appearance Mounts being able to sprout ethereal wings (like the gruff looking mounts that we get gifted now do - can't think what their name is) because I have 3 Kerran Characters and they prefer to ride Feline Mounts of some sort so therefore they are grounded. Would be astounding if their Cat Mounts could sprout wings when needed & fly .. all Chars are Level 100 or over.

The idea of a combined swimming/flying/running mount is also great. There are some animals in nature that are both aquatic & landbased; not sure how many also fly. These could be used like = Turtles, Frogs, Lizards, Snakes & I suppose they could too sprout ethereal wings. I like this idea a lot!

And echo again the sentiment that having Old, vaulted house items that were specials from long ago expansions would be great. Also please let's have more outdoor areas of the houses. When I wonder will we get any new housing? Would be a great boon and I bet a big seller too!
    Griffon Lady, Cassta, Marae and 2 others like this.
  13. Marae Well-Known Member

Oh, yes, more outdoor housing! I'd buy it! I love decorating natural areas. (If I posted something like this recently, please forgive me. I'm pretty forgetful these days).
  14. PollixEQ New Member

I may be late to the party here, but I honestly wouldn't mind seeing more things to wear that aren't necessarily armor related. I wouldn't mind seeing things like uniforms (cultural even?) more upscale outfits with things like long coats or more profession related outfits .. I would love to have some sort of jester's kit for my bards.. or a road trooper's kit.. I know a lot of folks might say its a waste, but I'd spend money on it just to have something different to look at. The game has been around 15+ years and it gets boring looking at the same things year after year. I thought the Diaku idea was great.

Oh yeah, just reading a few other posts -- I would buy new spell actions for my bards if it involved actually playing an instrument (like bards back in EQ)
    chattie and Cassta like this.
  15. Marae Well-Known Member

Oooooooooo!!! Instruments that bards can play!!!! Yes, yes, emphatically, yes!!!!

And actually... maybe we could have some instruments that non-bards can play, too? My wizard is also a musician. She's actually a sound mage, in character. I just didn't make her a bard because by the time I created her, I'd already created a dirge and I wanted something different (and troubadour is not her style). But it would be lovely if now and then she could trot out her lute and entertain her friends.
    Breanna and Cassta like this.
  16. PollixEQ New Member

Playable appearance instruments..

You know, Epic makes a ton selling completely cosmetic things and the while idea of "I'm not paying a single cent for stuff like that..." went out the window a long time ago... It'd just be cool to be able to further individualize my toon, even if it meant spending a few DBC here and there...
    Cassta likes this.
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Pretty sure my dirge got her lute on the Marketplace.
    Cassta likes this.
  18. PollixEQ New Member

Yeah but does she swing it like a weapon or does she play it during battle? Also, is it the one where the character wears it on the side like a sword or dagger?
    Cassta likes this.
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It's the Maestro's Lute, which thinks it's 2-H slashing. Most of the time, it resides on her back (maybe a backpack with a lute or bagpipe appearance would be nice!). In combat, she's gripping the neck of the lute with both hands and swinging the belly at her foe.
    Cassta likes this.
  20. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

• Do you use the Marketplace? If so, how often?
    I don't use the marketplace often because I'm broke. Also, I wasn't playing for a couple years when the ponies didn't harvest top tier stuff (I don't have time for that harvesting nonsense when I just play to decorate.. unless I'm after rares. Then I shlep my harvesting gear. but harvesting for the 10s of thousands of materials I need? Not fun.). So I wasn't here to buy marketplace items. (I do miss the quests to upgrade the ponies though.)

• Is the user interface organized in a way where it's easy to find what you're looking for?
    I have difficulty remembering names of things, but I usualy find what I want by using Eq2Furniture.com (When it's working. Seems like you guys shut off the feed fairly often to the helful sites like that. :()
    • Are there features you’d like to see added to the Marketplace?
    I'd like to see wings we can attach to old land mounts. Your artists have released some pretty snazzy mounts over the years, but we never use them because flight is so much more fun! (And honestly, isn't haveing fun why we play games? ^_^)
    Shouldn't be too hard to clip them into mounts the same way they clip into our characters. (Maybe people will buy more of the land-bound, gliding, and leaping mounts if they can fly? Heck, maybe just a $5 token to unlock flight for the gliders since they look like they should be able to fly any way?)

I think some recipe books based on textures unique to zones would be pretty cool. I've wished for that birch log-cabin looking stuff from some of the cottages in Antonica since before the first expansion. =P

Maybe you could have a buyable ticket for people to request items from in the game to be made available as house items? Buy a ticket, send a LOC and screenshot with the item circled, and wait for the next update, maybe?

An idea I've seen in Home Show was an invisible "trophy stand" you can make any thing with an appearance (armor, rings, chest pieces, etc...) into house items. Could sell those in packs of 10 for $5.

I'd also like to see items that lower or eliminate rent in guild halls. I would pay $40 just to be able to leave my guild open permanently for people to use stuff without having to join my guild. (Alternatively, have buyable amenities to put in houses.) And yah, I know it's an "achievement" for groups of people ... but honestly, if you are a dedicated player and can level an alt guild, they make really nice houses too. (I've gotten my guild to 139 with about 50 levels done by my hubby and a friend of mine that used to play years ago. I raised it from 95 up alone since my hubby prefers more action type games. [I deeply regret playing in the PVP servers in multiple games with him.. ugg... player vs player? more like greifer vs greifer!] I just wanted the largest number of placeable items possible. lol)

I wouldn't be opposed to a mounting for guild trophies we can buy for a buck or two that makes the guild trophies non-lore and placeable in homes. (and if removing lore taggs is off the table, at least the token would allow them to be placed in houses/player made dungeons.)

Adventuring wise.. I dunno... Maybe salvage the player made dungeons again? But with quests that can be created and prizes and puzzle pieces the creator can place in areas? Dungeon maker had so much potential to be so much fun despite its limited functions! It just needs to be more separate from the game's updates and expansions, like it's own armor sets the creator can set up. There could be some really goofy fun combos if the wardrobe feature were connected for that! Heck, you could make it the one place marketplace items can be "traded" in a way by allowing them as the prize, as in, the person who made the dungeon can set any one item they buy as a prize for someone doing everything in the player made quest. (I dunno though. Could be problems if someone terrible at playing thinks they have a tough one ready, put a krono as the prize, and someone else beats it in three minutes...)
    Oh, and the creator has to complete the dungeon 5 times before publishing. I ran into a few troll/insta splat dungeons... not fun.

And I know this is a wee bit off of what you are wanting for Market place and that the characters are made of bits and pieces for head/hands/feet/legs/arms/hips/torso, but I would reaaaaallllly like to be able to buy a 3d print of characters, monsters, items, maybe even snapshot sphere of a zone or house.
    • Is the Marketplace window easy to find?
    Yup. Right in the menu. It's nice to not have it shoved in my face like it used to be on login. (Or is that my Profit UI's doing?)

We may be asking for feedback with other systems in the future, so please keep your feedback and suggestions limited to the Marketplace. Also note, not all suggestions will be implemented into the game, and remember to keep in mind technical limitations and scope of work to accomplish such suggestions. Thank you in advance for any and all suggestions you’re willing to give! The team and I value all of your feedback.

I still think the unfinished cross server interactions programing would help the whole game if it were finished and implemented.
    Cassta likes this.