Manikin Dummies

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Nimbrithil, Dec 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Rothgar wrote:
    *faints*
  2. ARCHIVED-Almeric_CoS Guest

OMG OMG OMG OMG
    I want 12.
    Good thing I'm a Carpenter, huh?
  3. ARCHIVED-Lodrelhai Guest

YESYESYESYESYES!

Please make them player-made, please make sure they're able to display attuned stuff (after all, we can only wear one 'appearance' armor set at a time), and please don't make them require rares to craft?

Pleaseplease?
  4. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Dang, he let the cat out of the bag! ;)

Rothgar's been doing some really cool stuff for this as you can see.

We're still discussing who and how this item will be available, as this depends a little on what can be coded etc. We'll be certain to keep you updated though! :D
  5. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

now all we need is double the room space in houses for all the stuff!
  6. ARCHIVED-melaine_dvarvensplitter Guest

Damn.... and I bet it will be edited.

I know I will take a few of those and then have to spend a ton of time remaking my old armor sets I wore, and then piece together the one's I got raiding.
  7. ARCHIVED-Eriol Guest

This makes me wish that I'd kept some of my cool-looking but useless armour rewards from quests, since I would DEFINITELY have had an area for them in my house. Too late for that now, but I'll definitely be keeping my eyes open in the future!

Edit: And this just opens up the possibilities for display of looks for crafters. Both Tailors and Armorers will be able to show off their wares. And weaponsmiths and woodworkers as well judging by the pic (weapons are displayed in the pic). Any chance of being able to have an "agressive stance" mannequin as well? Could be interesting artistically (though if we only end up with what's here, I'll still be ecstatic).
  8. ARCHIVED-Syndic Guest

This will certainly releave bank space of holding all those looks people are after. I guess it's usefulness will also come down to whether it is 1 house item or 1 for each item on the mannequin + the mannequin itself.

Certainly need more houses which have a larger capacity (maybe even with a vault space tradeoff etc.) Some house that has alot of seperated rooms so that "lag" is not the issue as such.

Anyway great work to all the devs, as always I can't wait to see what the future of EQ2 holds there is always something great on the horizon to look forward to.
  9. ARCHIVED-Rothgar Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    Who says I didn't do some Photoshop work just to tease everyone? :p

The cat just gets to peek his head out of the bag... as far as the details you'll just have to wait and see. :)

Domino, you forgot to tell them that they will have to be adventure level 80 and have completed, Fire and Ice, Peacock, Claymore and S.O.D. quest lines in order to get one of these items.
  10. ARCHIVED-AratornCalahn Guest

Rothgar wrote:
    Unfortunatly, game developers "misleading" thier customers about what their game will be like is not an unfeasable thing. We won't go into the rant about that subject though.
    Remeber your job is the most important in the world (to me at least) so remember when your eating your dounts and loling at n00bs you kill by spawning epics on them - with great dev tools, comes great responsibility. Never forget, or the spirits of dead computer games shall drag your soul to hell (thats a world where Apple won over Microsoft!).
  11. ARCHIVED-Tokamak Guest

Rothgar wrote:
    Given the above Id usually make a joke about the epic quest line not being live yet, but that seems somewhat churlish.
  12. ARCHIVED-Belaythien Guest

Oh noes! Now I have to move to a bigger house ...

Don't let that stop you, though :D
  13. ARCHIVED-Naughtesnec Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    Considering the last update's requirement for TS faction - I hope the AA recipes and Racketeer titles aren't the only reason I will have spent ages grinding faction. /hint /hint
  14. ARCHIVED-Wrapye Guest

Rothgar wrote:
    Dang, have to do Peacock then ;)
  15. ARCHIVED-Leucippus Guest

Rothgar wrote:
    Don't leave out the part that is only available after purchasing a notrade item from the settlers in the encampment in the northern Pillars of Flame. The merchant only talks to you after you achieve 50,000 status with them.
  16. ARCHIVED-BigChiefJJ Guest

Rothgar wrote:
    Remember what happed last time you were teasing the ranger community??? These crafters can be even more vicious (and thankful)
    Rothgar wrote:
  17. ARCHIVED-numbaseven Guest

OOOOOOOOO does it come in dwarf?
  18. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

O.M.G.

I am so curious to see the requirements on the usage of this. I literally have every gear set I have ever worn in the game saved in house vaults. Granted, I only have 2 housing items left which I can put in the house but wow, just wow.
  19. ARCHIVED-DrkVsr Guest

Rothgar wrote:
    That's pretty much exactely what ah was thinking in mah thread in the Items and Equipment forum
  20. ARCHIVED-Liljna Guest

If I overlooked that this has already been mentioned in this thread, I apologize.

Kendricke did an interview with Bruce Ferguson about Epic weapons and display cases is mentioned there.

CWG: Clockworkgamer
    BF:Bruce Ferguson
    CWG: What about players who just end up not liking the epics or who eventually upgrade away from their epic items? Any plans to create house item versions of the epic items for players who just want to show them off without using them?
    BF: In GU 42 we have a feature to allow you to display items in your house without having to change the item into something else. It is akin to putting a weapon on a pedestal, or a suit of armor on a mannequin. You’ll be able to get one of these display cases to display your epics. We decided not to turn them into house items so they could be adorned, plus the housing display cases are much more versatile.
    Whole interview can be seen here:
    http://clockworkgamer.com/2007/12/1...epics-with-cwg/