Manikin Dummies

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Nimbrithil, Dec 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Nimbrithil Guest

I have mentioned this before,,,,way way back in the old days of eq2,,,,back when we walked uphill in 80 degree weather with snow past our kneecaps to get to the tradeskill instance only to realize its the wrong one and we need the next tier instance.

I don't know aboiut anyone else but I love the way various armors look and I wish I could display them in my house. My proposal would be allow the carpenter to make a manikin, tier specific, one for each tier. That could "hold" and display the items that you can put in your appearance slot. The code is close to existing already so should not me too difficult and it would be a money sink which is a good thing.
  2. ARCHIVED-StormCinder Guest

I would be a big fan of these mannequins as well. I'm one of those that likes to plan up suits of MC armor. I like to put it on right when I ding x2. So, as I purchase the pieces, I could put it on the mannequin until I have a full set there...gives a nice goal.
    And, like the OP it would be nice to have them for display purposes...retired sets of armor that take me back to my days in WC or FG. Would be cool to have a hall that displays each set of MC armor....sort of museum-like.
    SC
  3. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

I've been wanting maniquins forever in EQ2. I had my basement in Morrowind full of them with gear I'd collected on my travels LOL, I'd totally love to have that here.
  4. ARCHIVED-GreenGhost Guest

If you haven't already ...post this idea on the 'Tradeskill Wishlist' . Perhaps it will be implemented ...I 'd for one would really like it ...just hate making that nice piece of armor , wearing it , then selling it off due to not having anyway /where to hold on to it ...would be nice to be able to display it .
  5. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

GreenGhost wrote:
    Oh, it's there multiple times already, this idea has been floating around for at least 2 years. Just because things don't or can't happen, doesn't mean we don't know about them. :D
  6. ARCHIVED-Josgar Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    does this mean it cannot happen or it just hasn't happened?
  7. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Josgar wrote:
    Yep, definitely. :D
  8. ARCHIVED-melaine_dvarvensplitter Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    HAHA!

Spoken just like a politician :p

Clear as mud!
  9. ARCHIVED-ZeroRavesOn Guest

melaine_dvarvensplitter wrote:
    Sounds more like someone who delights in abusing boolean operators to me ... freakin' computer people!
  10. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

ZeroRavesOn wrote:
    There are 10 types people in this world. Those that understand binary and those who don't.
  11. ARCHIVED-Tokamak Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    rofl - want to give your colleagues a little lesson in customer relations D?
  12. ARCHIVED-Lodrelhai Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    Have you been taking player-communication lessons from Vhalen and the rest of the Lore crew?
  13. ARCHIVED-SilkenKidden Guest

Nimbrithil wrote:
    I guess I'm missing the point here, but don't we have the ability to display wares in our house just by putting them in sales crates? The visitor uses the crate to see what's on sale and can then use the Ctrl key to open up the "dressing room" and see the item. Even carpenter made items can be viewed this way. Of course, the view isn't limited to your home and sales crates. Anyone can view an item this way on any broker.
    How would your display manikens work differently? Do you want all the manikens to be standing there dressed in the various suits when we enter so that we wouldn't have to pick one in particular to look at? I guess that would work if the player had no furniture in the house, but there is a 500 item limit on the number of things on view in a house.
  14. ARCHIVED-LisaLicious Guest

yes the intention is to have the mannequins display the items in your home. To look at them in the sales crates is kinda like going in to a clothing store and the shop assistant telling you that the items you want are in boxes all over the store and you need to go look in each box to see if you can find something you like
  15. ARCHIVED-Saroc_Luclin Guest

The way I see it, a, say wood worker of some sort can make a 'Mannequin', which would be a placeable PC model like are currently in game (give them the default PC model appearances). Then you can buy one, place it in your house and give it armor to equip and display. You'll need one for each PC type, male and female of course. I'd see it as NOT being a Sales carton however; so you can't sell the gear off the mannequin without removing it first and putting it in a sales container. It can only hold one item per visible slot as well. (So no putting 2 hats on it) Higher level mannequins could be made with a tinkered motor to give them the ability to emote (either randomly or when clicked)
  16. ARCHIVED-Cadori Seraphim Guest

This has been brought up before and ALOT of people loved this idea.. I have no idea why this isn't already implemented in the game..
  17. ARCHIVED-eidand Guest

very good idea and should not be that difficult to implement.
  18. ARCHIVED-DuskNightfall Guest

Saroc_Luclin wrote:
    Carpenter! /cough
    Carpenters are people too!
    Captain Naaverone, proud Captain of the Overlords Galleon Zealot!
  19. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

Silken@Butcherblock wrote:
    The mannequins work as such -

A crafted item with 7 slots (one for each appearance slot). You load in a set of armor and wholla. You just turned up to 7 items in inventory into a single item for display in your house. Yes, they would be visible when you walked in, much like a statue.

Also gives people a use for those dropped armor sets they cant wear but look cool other than, of course, vending.
  20. ARCHIVED-Rothgar Guest

Cadori Seraphim wrote:
    It just takes time to get around to all the good ideas.

[IMG]