Making harvestables no trade

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Indabuff, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Xianthia Well-Known Member

The primordial fragment is no-trade, the adorn itself is heirloom. Only examined the ones I had, no idea on scintillating but can't see why that one would be different.
  2. Alenna Well-Known Member

I was asking Caith why they made the change so that I can't have my adorner make the adornment for my Alts by not making the new rare at least heirloom.
    actually they changed the adornment it is now heirloom but they did not go far enough they should have made the harvestable heirloom so that my alts that get the new rare can pass it to my adorner to make the adornment. I have an Adorner I should not have to go to somone else to commission an adornment for my ALTS
    Kittybock likes this.
  3. Caela Well-Known Member

You are correct on what the two adornments are on my head and legs - but if I was not max level - say I was lvl 50 - what would the adornment give me? Maybe it does say for those that are lower level - I haven't put one on a lower level toon.
  4. Caela Well-Known Member

I believe most of the complaints in this thread would be solved if the rare material was made heirloom instead of no-trade - and I think that is a reasonable compromise.

Tier 7 does suck. Except that harvesting in Tenebrous Tangle is kinda fun. I wish all tiers were set up like that - densely packed, easy to go from one area to the next.

I collected over 1100 times last night - over 5000 items - not sure how many rares - but at least 50 or more. I even got a spellshard during it - but no primordial. And I know I'm just at the beginning of the journey for this one. Luckily you can broker right there as my bags filled up a few times.

But at least the harvesting is easy ;)
  5. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I would imagine they are on a pretty linear scale, between the Minimum value (Level 1) and the Maximum Value (Level 100). So I'd take a guess and say level 50 will probably give you the Middle Value.
  6. Caela Well-Known Member

We shouldn't have to imagine or guess what the stats are going to be on something we equip.
  7. Gaealiege Active Member

I, too, spent precisely 20 hours trying to get the T7 primordial. I gained all other primordials in less time total than it took to NEVER see a single scintillating. Something is clearly wrong with that tier. Multiple people have confirmed the same experience with me, except one lucky son of a...
  8. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I feel your pain as I have been here for days in Tenebrous Tangle. It's Thursday now and I should be working on new weekly quests but I was harvesting just like I have been day after day. I just camped out because I seriously wanted to physically harm someone or something to take my frustration out. :eek:
    That scared me.:(
    It brought back nightmares of camping for the first epic(s) in EverQuest.
    Gaealiege likes this.
  9. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Relax. Don't get your blood presure up over something that some of us will never see (mats drop). It will be a new myth to live by.
    At least I am getting stormthorns regulary for a new food and drink. It brings a bit of joy back in lives of my alts :-D
    Kuulei likes this.
  10. Eles Well-Known Member

It's a nightmare t7 in Tenebrous Tangle. I think they did this just on purpose to people surrender and buy the bags with SC and have more chances to get those rares. :confused:

:( please fix this! and make it at least heirloom
    Gaealiege and Kuulei like this.
  11. Vorvon Member

Geez! I don't know what everyone is getting so worked up about - I spent a little more than 24 hours trying to get the t7 primordial, never did get it from harvesting, and right before I went to bed one morning, bought 5 bags from the marketplace, the first three of which contained primordials for each tier I needed, which almost made me cry. But at least I found them - they were hiding in the bags all along! Y'all should be harvesting the marketplace, not TT, silly rabbits. LOL
    Katz likes this.
  12. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I sincerely believe, backed up by my harvest parser, that when they introduced those bags on the marketplace, the amount of rares I used to get was halved. o_O
  13. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

When those bags first hit the marketplace a number of people on Freeport bought some just to see what the results would be. After that, the consensus in General was that they were a waste of SC. No one got anything other than ordinary rares out of them.
    Laiina likes this.
  14. Katz Well-Known Member

What about making them heirloom so you can craft them with your own adorner? I really can't see maxing out every single character in adorning, I'd rather spend that time playing the game. Although I suppose I could max one on a second account.
    I feel that having to have something commissioned when I have a maxed adorner is defeating the purpose of leveling a max adorner in the first place in order to be self-sufficient.
    Awkk and Alenna like this.
  15. d1anaw Well-Known Member

You shouldn't be forced to make all your characters adorners, nor should you be forced to seek out a commission. I made all 9 tradeskills for a reason.
    flameweaver and Kuulei like this.
  16. Tylia Well-Known Member

You actually can get away with only having one character an adorner, as long as that is also the character you harvest on, since the adornments are now Heirloom. Unfortunately that's only a partial "fix", and I agree that we shouldn't be forced to seek out a commission.
    Alenna likes this.
  17. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

<cough><snort><mrmph>HAHAHAHA!!! Right. I'm almost as bad for Oooh...harvest node!! as I am for Oooh...shiney!!
    Mermut and Finora like this.
  18. Mermut Well-Known Member

That only works if you ONLY harvest on your adorner. As many of us have mentioned, many people with alts harvest on ALL of their toons, even if they have a 'primary harvester' who is all decked out and gets played when the goal is to specifically harvest rather then opportunity harvest whatever nodes catch the eye while doing other stuff.
    Alenna and Kuulei like this.
  19. Kuulei Well-Known Member

We all know... nodes are like shinies! You just have to get it!
    I have more crafters than I need, its an addiction, as is harvesting. I guess if I get one on a character that doesn't have the skill to adorn, I will have to find a friend to make it or hire someone. I surely can't get these rares on my main harvester, I might as well go harvest with a toon that doesn't have all the "bells and whistles" to harvest, because that seems to be the people that are finding the rares :rolleyes:
  20. Awkk Well-Known Member

Since the adorn is heirloom, why not make the primordial heirloom. Just does not make sense that only one toon should harvest or that all alts must work up adorning. These may be workarounds, sure. But just making the primordial heirloom would eliminate the need for such workarounds.
    Alenna, Finora and Mermut like this.