Making harvestables no trade

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Indabuff, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Indabuff Active Member

I don't understand the reasoning for making the new Primordial Adornments no trade, even the high end war ones are able to be traded. Having spent a great deal of time getting my harvester all of the items to increase my harvesting so I could farm the rare harvests I now am gonna have rare harvestables that I can do nothing with?
    I know many have said that they should at least be made heirloom but I disagree. The harvest materials should be tradeable and maybe the adornments themselves be made heirloom until equipped.

Having to level all my crafters to max level adorning and fully geared harvesting really makes me sour on the game in general and I love this game.
    Belenos, Awkk, GrunEQ and 5 others like this.
  2. vinu New Member

+1

Definitely not a fan of this decision. At the VERY least they should be heirloom, but buying and selling them should be reasonable in my opinion.
    Belenos, Awkk, Quillyne and 5 others like this.
  3. Foretold Well-Known Member

I'm still not understanding the reasoning behind this. Any toon I want these adornments on would have to be a max level harvester... gosh, no thanks. They should be heirloom at minimum, but tradeable would be preferred. That way the people who want to harvest can go out there and find them, and profit. And I don't have to spend my own time on that mind numbing task.
    Belenos, Awkk, Quillyne and 5 others like this.
  4. Indabuff Active Member

The fact is the advent of mercenaries has made harvesting at lower levels pointless. Now I do enjoy my mercs since I do a lot of solo play but it came at a cost. Where people use to get the mastercrafted armor at the lower levels there really is no need for it now. Same with the spellshards and foundations no real need to level spells at lower levels. Finally they come up with something that has some value and they make it no trade. Sure you have the amalgamations but no real point in farming low levels to make them as you might as well be farming max level so you are farming rares that have some value.

I am glad you brought up that point Foretold many people hate harvesting so now they are forced to if they want to have one or more of these adornments. None of this makes any sense whatsoever.
    Belenos and suka like this.
  5. Xianthia Well-Known Member

(emphasis is mine) Wanted to add to this, that at the very least not making them heirloom really "forces" a character to have to harvest/craft/adorn etc in order to benefit from these adorns. I've spent a lot of time leveling multiple crafters/adorners/tinkerers on multiple accounts, why shouldn't my new baby alts benefit from that effort? They should!

Clarity note - "forces" - was in quotes because really no one is forcing me to do anything - it's a game and that's how I treat it - I used the word and the quotes to emphasize the point. :)

I hope the No-Trade is reconsidered.
  6. Charlice Well-Known Member

The way I see it, it's so you can't sell them for plat to buy krono. Sorry for the pessimism, but it's the only reason I can come up with.

I have 10 max level crafters, and 2 max level adorners and tinks. Really? I really need to have max adorning on all my toons now??? Honestly I think this is disgusting.
    Belenos, Awkk, Alenna and 6 others like this.
  7. suka Well-Known Member

yes because even if they could be made by consignment, you can't consign with a toon on your own account. they should at least be heirloom
    Belenos, Awkk, Alenna and 4 others like this.
  8. Katz Well-Known Member

I expect it is an oversight. Surely they didn't mean to limit them this much.
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  9. Gharyn Well-Known Member

You would think. But all we're getting from the devs is deafening silence and that usually means they don't have an answer we want to hear.
    Guiscard and Neiloch like this.
  10. Daalilama Well-Known Member

The no-trade tag really is a kick in the pants and the drop rate is abysmal. Needs to be fixed period.
    Belenos, Charlice, Awkk and 5 others like this.
  11. Katz Well-Known Member

At the very least they need to be heirloom.
    Belenos, Awkk and Moonpanther like this.
  12. Charlice Well-Known Member

Funnily enough I harvested one of the feet rares (90-99) last night. What a damn shame I really couldn't be bothered leveling yet another adorner. Imagine how pissed off we're all going to be, if we harvest more than one on any one toon, and we can't even do anything with them.

The no-trade flag on them is stupidity. I have more crafters than I know what to do with, I do not need to level another damn craft. Imagine the players that have no interest at all in leveling a craft, and up until now have been happy to just pay through the nose for stuff. They really are sol, aren't they.

Make them heirloom. Making them no-trade is the lowest act I've seen in EQ2. It's beyond pathetic.
    Belenos, Prissetta, suka and 5 others like this.
  13. Neiloch Well-Known Member

The no-trade part confuses me even from a pure 'profit' motive. IF they were tradable 'whales' could buy tons fo the marketplace bags to try and get some rares and then sell them on the market. They'd still be getting bought and players would have better access to them.

This leads me to believe the reasons could be one or all of the following:

A. To curtail harvesting bots in having an impact on any possible sales
    B. To strictly test how many people would be willing to buy the harvesting bags to acquire such an item. like a 'test' to see if the players would tolerate it and if they should increase the stakes.
    Belenos, Alenna and Charlice like this.
  14. Meirril Well-Known Member

What are you talking about? Deafening silence is business as usual. A dev response is a rare thing.
    suka likes this.
  15. Bashem Well-Known Member

I dont like the game when it get limitations due to things to help the company when used for TS or buying gear. Be nice if game allowed people to buy and sell there stuff on the market or to each other in game for almost all game items!
  16. Charlice Well-Known Member

The players that buy A MERE CHANCE to get them from the MP, still have to level adorning to make them. I'm surprised they haven't introduced some over priced 'thing' to increase your adorning skill to max.

This is honestly the stupidest idea they've ever introduced to EQ2 crafting in my mind. I'm still sitting here shaking my head at this one.

I still firmly believe the idea behind this, is to stop people selling them for plat, and buying krono. They've been too greedy though and expect everyone to not only harvest on the toon they want the adorn for, they also have to be able to make it themselves.

Even if this was some ridiculous way to stop bots making plat, I can't see many bots leveling adorning tbh. The adorn and the mats need to be heirloom at the very least. Too many more moves like this stupidity, and they'll have no players left to worry about.
    I would also hate to think that anything new they introduce is made with bots in mind first, players second.
    Belenos, Brienae and Xillean like this.
  17. Xillean Well-Known Member

I actually love to craft but there is no way in hell im leveling 14 more adorners I mean ffs :/ Quite a bit of my legion happen to be tinkerers, I liked tinkering (I know im weird) and only 2 are adorners because id rather gouge my eyes out then adorn on any more toons.

They need to be tradeable, heirloom would be acceptable at least but with how fin rare they are making them full on tradeable would be nice. I really dont have words to describe how sicking this is to me as a player (ok ok altaholic)

Edit: this just sucks I was on a high note being happy they FINALLY added rares for provisioning and then they do this with the primordial's, I mean >.<
    Belenos, suka and Charlice like this.
  18. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

That sounds a bit backwards. The more krono sold for plat the more $18/month subs DBG has. The more $18/month subs the more profit $$$. I'd think they'd be ENCOURAGING folk to sell things for plat to buy krono with.
    Belenos and Neiloch like this.
  19. Charlice Well-Known Member

I'm sure they'd rather players buy subs with $'s and have them recurring, than buy krono spasmodically with plat.
  20. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Possibly, but given the fact that they're currently having so much trouble with EU recurring subs, and actually BANNING accounts for trying to resub due to some weird issue with the debit payments and the banks and Maestro...I suspect more than a few players are a bit gunshy about recurring subs just now.

For example, see the thread this was posted in last night: