Making harvestables no trade

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Indabuff, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Flatline Well-Known Member

Took out the first part, not sure how to even respond that without being either snarky or ... an arsehat, and would appear you managed just fine doing that

Look, the amount of entry have ZERO, absolutely NOTHING to do with how tradeable the item is. NONE.. let me repeat NONE

if 10 drops, 10 drops, no more no less, no matter what flags they have, so thats just a knee jerk reaction. I appreciate (and trust me i REALLY do appreciat) that you take the time to come here and respond, but at least be honest about it.

The fact that the Ingredient AND the result are both no trade does in no way shape or form affect how many are in teh world at any give time. Them being heirloom, which in my book they should have been from the start, will not affect how many there is, just which of my toons
    A) Harvest it
    B) Craft it
    C) Wears it.

What this DOES affect is who is in possession of said items. NOTHING ELSE.
    Oh and it makes it ALOT more likely that someone will go buy the money grab items for smedbucks
    Gaealiege, Xillean and Alenna like this.
  2. Flatline Well-Known Member

Thats just BS pure and simple, So when did ANYONE sane start asking for all heirloom items to be made tradeable ? because THAT is the extent of your logic
    Xillean and Laiina like this.
  3. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

See Below;

Feara likes this.
  4. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I believe something is wrong with this tier and the drop rate. I stopped after 20 hours (more like 19.30 hours). I want this item, but what is a reasonable amount of time to harvest/RNG to see if I get one? Not sure what the answer is here. Someone may, and probably will, come into the thread and state they got theirs on the first node they harvested.
    Gaealiege and Laiina like this.
  5. Azian Well-Known Member

I see that Errrorr (seriously, that's a lot of Rs) beat me to it. I was going to say that, to be fair, many of us early in the thread (myself included) were taking the position that harvest items shouldn't be no-trade or heirloom. Frankly, I still feel that is correct but would find heirloom of both the ingredient and product to be acceptable. Generally, since the response by Caith I think there has been the change from "make it tradeable like all harvests have always been" to "c'mon at least make them heirloom and we'll shut up about it."

Really, I'm not sure why this was pushed into adorning (other than the obvious that it is..well..an adornment.) This would have made more sense to me to be a rare drop adornment out of chests. Making a harvest item no-trade as well as the finished product (later changed to heirloom) just doesn't fit with tradeskill work. A major component of tradeskill work is that you can earn a profit by either harvesting or buying your ingredients then making and selling items using the broker system. Commission work barely hits my radar for that type of thing although I do it from time to time.
    Mermut likes this.
  6. Juraviel Active Member

I keep thinking to myself that I want to come back and play this game full time like I did for 10+ years. So I log into the forums to check out what's been going on over the last week or so... (I log in to read the forums about once a week on average). Every time I do I am reminded of why I cancelled my sub.

It's a shame what this game has become.
    Gaealiege, Alenna and Pauly like this.
  7. Strings Well-Known Member

The no-trade policy does affect the (rate of entry?) amount of these things in the world, because they're on the top of my list of items that will get deleted when I need bank space. Maybe someday I'll get one on my adorner :)
    Kittybock and Alenna like this.
  8. Feara Well-Known Member

I think you made a very good call Juraviel, now... you only have to weed yourself off the forums.

I find it helps not to come around the game/game forum you dislike, just keep reminding your own self why you left.
  9. Feara Well-Known Member

I do not have one problem with this but why not Heirloom?

I did try to wade thru this muck to find the answer but didn't see one.

P.S. It really doesn't matter to me because I want all my crafters to be maxed adorn/transmutters. Working on the Scholars first as I try to acquire the jewelry for the others. Which reminds me I totally dig the Far Seas Advancements.
  10. Awkk Well-Known Member

Hence my suggestion that it would be nice if it could be vendered. I can't use it, maybe someone else can.
  11. Awkk Well-Known Member

In fairness... is it not true that raiders earn a lot of plat? Would it be so wrong if crafters, who don't earn so much plat, could earn some plat from raiders by supplying them with what they need?

Raiders who sell loot rights are fantastically rich. Items are going for crazy prices, every day, on AB server. Single items sell for 5000 plat to 170 thousand plat, every day. One after another. I dont know where all this plat is coming from, maybe from the gold sellers, but we crafters don't make that much selling items on the broker, I can tell you. 96 level handcrafted tailored items are going for 3 plat on broker, if you are lucky. People are outraged if they have to spend as much as 50 plat on mastercrafted items, even when, sometimes, it looks like the master crafted items are as good as the raid loot that goes for thousands.

So we crafters should be denied the opportunity to make a little plat, by selling a nice adorn to rich raiders? Just so that raiders can be made to work a little harder? Look, if raiders don't want to work up harvesting, they won't do it, just to get this adorn. They'll make do with raid adorns, they are probably better anyway.
    Strings likes this.
  12. Awkk Well-Known Member

13. Awkk Well-Known Member

Is it not possible to find and stop the botters directly, without impacting all other players?
  14. Alenna Well-Known Member

they already did when they made harvestable no trade no value
  15. Alenna Well-Known Member

I don't only harvest on my adorner I harvest on all my toons so the ones that arne't adorners will now have a worthless item in their bags until I can find SOME OTHER ADORNER when i have one that could do somethign with it to make hte adorn this is not a fair way of handling it.
    Mermut likes this.
  16. Alenna Well-Known Member

We understand fine how commission works I did not bring up an adorner and a tinkerer just so that my alts would be forced to go to someone esle rather then let my adorner/tinkerer make the stuff for them. is that so hard for you to understand I don't want to have to go to someone else to do something I should be able to do for my alts
    Sambril likes this.
  17. Mermut Well-Known Member

This, exactly. Since the adornment is heirloom, I don't understand why the harvestable isn't as well. It wouldn't change the availability of the adornments at all, it would just remove a huge annoyance factor and a minor storage annoyance.
    Tkia and Alenna like this.
  18. Alenna Well-Known Member

Caith I have an Adorner to make adornments for my alts myself. why are you saying that to make adorns for my alts myself I need to make all my characters adorners? Until now one per account was enough why change it now.
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  19. Flatline Well-Known Member

Because the new rare is No Trade, so you cant trade the rare to your adorner.
    The adornment made is ALSO no trade, so the only character who can ever benefit from the rare would be teh one that found it, and UNLESS that character is an adorner, it can ONLY be fabricated using commissioning.
  20. Kittybock Well-Known Member

^^ This is exactly what I did at the start of this Expac. I outfitted only one toon harvested and sold, while mats were high...as well as Trans spellshards/ foundations, even though I would eventually need them. I DID NOT have the money for the Masters, plain and simple. I made a ton this way, then bought my masters when prices dropped. I thought it a strong balance in the economy.

That said, in this case, these are a special item and I'd love for the mat to simply be heirloom, I don't think they should be tradeable. Many players do the Qho quests on multiple toons to supplement their guild harvests, so some players have multiple harvesters, etc. Not everyone plays only one toon or harvests on only one toon, which I think is part of the reason this game has always had such a solid player-base: Longevity. While most have a main, we also have alts. I have an array of toons, as does my hubby, but I just asked in guild while reading this thread and:
    • We have one lady in our guild that has 23+ toons, many harvesters/ crafters in the bunch (not all in guild so I can't check exact number), she purchases char slots, mounts and all manner of goodies. A gentleman I brought back with me from GW2 now has at least 15 Heroics, multiple houses, buys kronos, etc.
    • Neither of these players enjoys playing just one toon...but they love the game. Heirloom items kind of work for them ;)
    Alenna and HaphazardAllure like this.