Fixed Internally Launcher Play button broken after today's update (June 28th)

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Avatar_conj, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Kellindil New Member

I have been having this issue. Launcher just dies after starting it. everquest2.exe gives me a bad password / user name error so I can't launch it directly.

One workaround I have found, if I open the launcher multiple times at once (IE; launch multiple instances at the same time) until the message about pre-caching assets appears under the download progress bar, then I can press play and it works. This message does not appear under the bar unless I open multiple instances, usually 5-6 instances at once.
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Shasroh New Member

It appears this might be an issue with some antivirus softwares picking up part of EQ2 as a threat. At least this appears to be the case on a machine running Avast. Allowing it as an exception or temporarily disabling Avast until after logging in seems to be a work around for the issue.
  3. KingDragon Active Member

My results are different. I get the pre-caching message fine with just one window, it just disappears after about 35seconds-5minutes. If I click play, it acts like it working then desktop.... nothing.

I did try your recommendation on opening multiple at once. I opened four and two of them just go away. I was left with two patchers and clicking play on one of them gets me in. That's awesome.
    Victisa likes this.
  4. Victisa Active Member

i am having the same issue with launcher, after todays patch the launcher loads and the game doesn't and my game was working fine 5 hours ago... what happened?
    draidean likes this.
  5. Victisa Active Member

thank you I tried what you did, and it worked thank you!

big mega hugs!

6. Louly Well-Known Member

I was able to log in yesterday the 29th just fine. But this morning play button starts up and it just closes. I've tried multiple times now and no luck :(

I can log in from .exe so there is that. :)
  7. Amarillya New Member

one of my guildies is a programmer and she suggested in the security to change the compatibility mode to win8. I run 11, and my 10 desktop wasn't having issues. So now the patcher is working consistently. I don't know if that helps with the issues but good luck all. Keep fighting. <3
  8. Fauna Member

Ok, I don't know if it's the unscheduled patch or just luck, but suddenly running as administrator is working. Of course I can't get further than character select as the servers are down, but it's progress!
  9. Cyra Member

Just tried it now and it's doing the same thing, I have noticed that its NOT searching for assets. That seems to be a reason its closing. At least for me. Course server is still down, but I tried about 10 mins ago and it worked. Now, have tried even as Admin and no go. Tried 4 times.
  10. Cailos New Member

This is exactly my experience, as well - I start the Launcher and even if I then don't touch anything else, it simply closes itself after about 10 - 15 seconds.
  11. Cailos New Member

This worked for me, thanks! I'm using Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, but right-clicked the Launcher > Properties > Compatibility tab > check-mark Run this program in compatibility mode for > Windows 8 and bam! Working Launcher. Thanks again!
  12. Flightrisk Well-Known Member

there is a fix for the launch pad opening and then self closing , this is cut straight from the support page, search word was 'launch pad" there are several fixes noted there ..this is the simplest. "Clear the LaunchPad Cache,
    Navigate to the directory of the game you are trying to play and open the launchpad.libs folder. Delete thelaunchpad.cache folder and relaunch the LaunchPad again."
  13. Kellindil New Member

For everyone still having issues. Mine seem to have been resolved now by setting compatibility.

I am on Windows 11 for reference.

I went into the install directory and set compatibility to Windows 8 on launchpad.exe, everquest2.exe, and eq2.exe. Not sure if all three are required, but it can't hurt.

If you do this remember to click the button at the bottom of the settings window to "Change settings for all users" and set the option there as the install, at least on my machine, is done under the public windows user profile. Not sure that this should make a difference, but I always do this to be sure. Again, can't hurt.
    draidean likes this.
  14. Kellindil New Member

Just a note, I tried this yesterday as the first step. It didn't help me in my case. Then I found this post and figured it might have been another issue entirely.
  15. Superet53 New Member

I found a fix that at least works for me running Win10. Find the program path for the launchpad for me it was c:/users/public/DaybreakGameCompany/InstalledGames/EverQuestII. Right click on the LaunchPad.exe file and go to properties > select Compatibility tab > Run compatibility troubleshooter > Try recommended settings > the game will load and you can load your toons from your account. Make sure and go back out though after this and hit next in the troubleshooter to save the settings. Which I found was running the program in compatibility mode for Win8. I hope this works for everyone else
    draidean, Fauna, Yayoh and 1 other person like this.
  16. Rylaar New Member

This does not work for me.
  17. Bunji Developer

There may be more info on why the launchpad is closing in launchpad logs. In your install directory, there should be a "LaunchPad.Libs" folder and inside that is a "Logs" folder. Logs like "GameLancher.log" may show what the launchpad was trying to do before shutdown.
  18. Looney New Member

same issue "passthrough is not supported GL is disabled. How do you enable it?
  19. Prasecisqo Member

2022-06-30 19:55:13 1656611701 506 2 4332047597 Failed to get stream from plugin.

[0630/195550:ERROR:gl_bindings_autogen_gl.cc(11508)] Trying to call glDeleteFencesNV() without current GL context
  20. Qilen New Member

I guess you guys can't be bothered to fix the Loader for your game EH?