Fixed Internally Launcher Play button broken after today's update (June 28th)

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Avatar_conj, Jun 28, 2022.

1. DENSER Well-Known Member

Hi,

After yersterday patch ( thursday) The problem still occures.
    Launchpad is break.
    And in game vocal activates by itself without pressing any buttons.
  2. Perrigrin Well-Known Member

Had to go in this morning again with the .exe file after the update from 7/30.
    Yenk, Pannydora and Eggemoggin like this.
  3. Ratza Well-Known Member

Same...have to use the .exe file too.
    Yenk likes this.
  4. Fauna Member

Can confirm this worked for me too.
    Valandra likes this.
  5. Fizzles Inapinch New Member

took rounds with customer service yesterday finally got game to load on both my laptop and desktop and this morning when i hit play it just quits on both of them again. It's got to be a daybreak issue :mad:
    draidean likes this.
  6. Skrapa New Member

I just keep reopening the Launcher and hitting play. Sometimes it launches the game the first try, sometimes it takes two or three attempts but it eventually gets there :D
  7. Tkia Well-Known Member

Nonsense. As Windows 7 could be installed in 64 bit I'm pretty sure every version beyobnd it could too. Selecting a windows version does not necessarily say anything at all about the 32/64 bit choice.
  8. Kaerath New Member

Dear EQ2 Developers,

After I enter my account login credentials and click 'Play', the 'Playing' button is grayed for several seconds as if the game client were loading, but then the program closes. This problem started with the 64 bit patch.

I was able to resolve a temporary fix, however this is not a long term solution. I was forced to clear my internet history..., disable my VPN at startup, and restart my computer in order to access character selection. I was then able to load my VPN again after logging into the game. This process doesn't fix the problem every time though.

I understand that this may require a substantial amount of time to resolve the problem due to the complexity of your software programming. Please help identify a long term solution. I'd like to spend less time troubleshooting and more time playing your awesome game.

Thanks,

Kaerath
    Twyla, Juraiya and draidean like this.
  9. Kaerath New Member

Confirming that using the 'Troubleshoot Compatibility' function for LaunchPad.exe worked for me while using Windows 11.

I was able to load my VPN after logging in. I saved the 'Troubleshoot Compatibility' settings.

I am able to login without first disabling my VPN now.

Thanks,

Kaerath
    Twyla likes this.
  10. Louly Well-Known Member

I was able to use the .exe but now all I get is: can not locate server Maj dul and other servers.

Ok so I can't read well some days LOL I realized it was the launcher.exe that I needed to change to windows 8

So now the launcher works.
  11. draidean Well-Known Member

Yes, I was able to do this. The launcher still times out eventually but I was able to get in on the .exe with the launcher still open in the background for a few seconds.
  12. draidean Well-Known Member

Setting compatibility to W8 works for me.
  13. Nockani New Member

I have a similar but slightly different issue. I have EverQuest 2 installed through Steam. Yesterday, played just fine. Today, when I launch the game, I click on the PLAY button, it thinks for a second, then the PLAY button comes back again. It repeats this behavior every time I click on it. If I leave the launcher open for 30 seconds, it just closes on its own. I tried launching the game via the EverQuest2.exe file, and it gave me an error that I was missing a file called dd3dx9_43.dll. I found a thread from April of 2020 that gave a link to the file. After downloading, unzipping the file, and copying it to my EverQuest 2 folder, the game works. But, the file keeps disappearing. So I have to keep copying it there to launch the game.
  14. Shonjir New Member

Well 7 pages about this and still nothing has been done. Seem like no one cares. First day could get on one time then not again. Second day could use the admin trick. Today nothing is working. Maybe time to cancel and take a break till some day they fix things. At least give us a week or two free.
  15. Squidly Active Member

This is REALLY getting to be a PAIN.
    I have gone through and tried all of the RECOMMENDED work arounds.
    It still does not work for me.
    Heck, I can't even get through the Launcher Load.
    Yes, I have gone through the RECOMMENDED work around for that issue as well and it still DOESN'T Work.
    Valandra and Twyla like this.
  16. Valandra Member

This worked for me also!!! Thank you!
  17. Pharliquin Member

Tried compatibility suggestion above and for now it worked, we see what tomorrow holds.
  18. Louly Well-Known Member

Yesterday I changed compatibility on the launchpad and it worked.

I found out this morning I had to again change the compatibility but not sure why.
    Anyway if it worked yesterday and not today check to see if it's still compatibility windows8
  19. Euredia Member

Is it me or has dev disappeared during this launcher issue?
  20. Juraiya Well-Known Member

It's the weekend. While some of the developers may be in the office working on this (and other) bugs, the people who inform us of updates probably aren't.

They've acknowledged and confirmed the problem, which is a good start. It's a serious enough problem that I doubt they'll ignore it.
    KauaiJim likes this.