Fixed Internally Launcher Play button broken after today's update (June 28th)

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Avatar_conj, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Trajan New Member

That's basically what I did, too. Not sure whether you need Admin rights for that. I suppose not. However, in addition to my previous post, I must admit that I do have Admin rights on my own computer.
  2. MasterSmith New Member

I am having the same issue with launcher after todays patch. It never launches the game. It just disappears.
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060
    System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    Operating System: Windows 10
  3. Trajan New Member

Interesting suggestion. I have an Intel processor as well, but my graphics card is from AMD.
  4. Cailos New Member

I did finally get everquest2.exe to work as a workaround to the launcher, so there's that at least. :)
  5. kikatt New Member

well... first i had the launchpad disappear 4 or 5 tries.. then i ran as administrator from the eq2 folder. i played an hour or so. i tried to use the launcher normally, disappeared after i pressed play. ran as administrator.. did the same disappearing act.
  6. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Whoever suggested launching the exe directly, thank you! Until there is another update, at least I can play again. :)
    Rynnn likes this.
  7. chira New Member

I have this issue as well can update, then I press Play and nothing. I have a Win 11 Nvidia rtx 3060. If I run win 8 compatible it works but when I go back to normal then nothing. I t worked fine until the new update.
  8. AHTuXPuCT New Member

Or try to start Launcher with "Run as administrator", works for me :)
  9. Trav Member

Same issue here with the same error in the log.

[0628/083435.399:ERROR:gpu_init.cc(440)] Passthrough is not supported, GL is disabled
    [0628/143345.516:ERROR:gpu_init.cc(440)] Passthrough is not supported, GL is disabled
    [0628/202157.903:ERROR:gpu_init.cc(440)] Passthrough is not supported, GL is disabled

Win 10, RTX 3080, intel processor
  10. Rylaar New Member

Running the launcher as 'administrator' doesn't fix it for me. I have always ran this game as 'administrator'. I also double checked that I am. I can run it from everquest2.exe, but that is annoying having to always do that.

I also did a fresh install last night on a computer I just built and have the same issue there. I has a more current cpu and gpu.
  11. Amarillya New Member

Still having this issues today. I'm running a 6 month old asus rog laptop, so this shouldn't be an issue. I haven't tried to launch the game on my pos dell desktop yet. I think it's ridiculous to have to login every single time from the executable. I have some pretty severe RA in my hands that makes me lose letters (think i hit them but they didn't log) so, my passwd is a pain in the butt.to type each time. Any guidance on where this might be fixed, and if I say, downloaded the new executable, would that fix it?
  12. Agapiti New Member

Im experiencing the same problem. What I've noticed is if I use launchpad, put in my account credentials, and get a red line with no white text below it showing me progress, hitting play will result in it just closing. I have two accounts. Yesterday one account logged in fine, the second would not. I use the same PC for both so it's not a matter of my system not meeting requirements. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling and had the same outcome. I am left with two choices, keep trying over and over and over again until the game decides to load correctly or if I go to my everquest2.exe and run as admin it seems to load fine so I would have to guess it's not the game but the launcher that is the issue?
  13. Cyra Member

Im still having the same issue since yesterday. I just kept trying finally it connected. My PC is well over requirments of what is now needed, so it's not a pc issue for me. It's the launcher!
  14. hallowskeeper New Member

So, yesterday evening my launch button was working (however I was lagging in game).

Today, I'm going to add my name to the list of people whose launcher is broken.
  15. famousamos New Member

I launched the game today with no issues with the launch pad.
  16. Cyra Member

Is this even being addressed yet? Not one dev even made comment? This is a VERY annoying bug or what ever the issue is. Sitting for 30 mins just trying to use the launcher is not fun. Logging under admin, works half time if at all, using the exe. working random. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee fix this issue!
    Rynnn and Srato like this.
  17. Shirrlea New Member

Hi.I am not tech savvy in the slightest, but stumbled upon a fix ... I think? I right clicked my EQ2.Exe file, and went to the compatibility tab, changed to Windows 8. It seems to be working about about a day of not being able to get on using the launcher. Game has been running for a few minutes, no issues. Maybe try that, if you're still having the problem? Apologies if this has already been mentioned. I don't use the forums a lot.
  18. Caith Developer

This issue is absolutely being investigated, unfortunately we have not pinned down a likely culprit, and have not been able to reproduce the issue on any systems we can attempt debugging it on internally. The issue seems slightly different for different people, and their PC's, and the fix for running as administrator is not working for all parties. My current working theory is a permissions issue during the handoff from the launchpad and the game client, which is why running the LP as administrator works for some people, and running the executable directly works for everyone, as that uses a different permissions path in the OS. As I said though, this is simply my current theory, and we are still investigating.
    Breanna, Juraiya, Denmum and 3 others like this.
  19. Amarillya New Member

Went in and loaded right up on my POS Dell desktop that's 2 years old and running win 10. My asus rog does not work. It just hangs and eventually will time out.
  20. MasterSmith New Member

Hello all,

I just fixed my issue with launcher and here is how I did it. Run launcher as administrator. When launcher opens don't click the play button right away wait for about 4-5 minutes then click play and the launcher will launch the game. For me everything is back to normal. I tested it 3 times and each time I was successful.

Hope this helps anyone who is having problem with launcher.
    Boneitis likes this.