Fixed Internally Launcher Play button broken after today's update (June 28th)

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Avatar_conj, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Pharliquin Member

2. Caith Developer

For anyone currently experiencing the issue still, if you can launch and run the game via the EverQuest2.exe, but cannot by pressing play on the launchpad. Are you able to launch and log into the launchpad up until it says play, but do not press the play button, and then launch the EverQuest2.exe directly and successfully log in with the launchpad still open in the background? We want to confirm that some folks aren't having a conflict, as some resources, such as some .dll files, used by the Launchpad are also used by the game client.
    Breanna, draidean and Tyrval like this.
  3. Pharliquin Member

Sorry my words went into your text, derp.. Anyhow didnt work.
    Juraiya likes this.
  4. Aiona New Member

I just did this no problem. The launchpad closed though during the login process, but I'm in game just fine.

Edit: as soon as the login pop-up shows up, the launchpad closes.
  5. Sungi Member

The launcher crashes after about 25 - 30 seconds after being started, even if the 'play' button is never touched.
    I can start EverQuest2.exe from the game directory and get to the login screen with and without the launcher on screen.
    Juraiya and Srato like this.
  6. Rylaar New Member

I hit play on the launcher and it says 'playing' and after around 10 seconds the launcher disappears and nothing else happens. This is even after a fresh install on a new computer last night.
    Srato likes this.
  7. Aiona New Member

Interesting, I was wondering about doing a fresh install of windows 11 AND the game - I guess that answers that! :D
  8. Amarillya New Member

my launchpad is being naughty still. It closed itself the moment the eq2 launched. I tried logging into my second account via launchpad with eq2 open and i still did the hanging thing once play was pressed and then closed itself
  9. Tyrval Active Member

Can confirm here, hitting the red Play button will silent fail and close out the launcher without launching the game, but leaving the launcher open and using the EverQuest2.exe directly launches the game and closes out the launcher once the game starts (same as normal behavior if I had used the launcher successfully). So launchpad doesn't inhibit using EverQuest2.exe if it's open and ready to launch, just it fails separately.
  10. Inist New Member

For me, the launchpad closes back to Windows without pressing anything. I simply open it, the bar at the bottom starts moving but no progress is displayed underneath and after about 20 seconds it closes without showing any error.
  11. Safi New Member

The launcher closes independently after about 27 seconds whether pressing play or not pressing it.
    It doesn't seem to affect launching directly from the EQ2 folder.
    Both the launcher icon and the EQ2.exe icon are in my task bar at the same time until the launcher disappears.

edited to add that my husband just got home from work and he had no issues with the launcher last night and played till 7.30pm EST but now today when he tries to log in he is having the exact same issue.

he runs Windows 10 home 64 bit
    intel i7
    Nvidia GTX750
    Fauna likes this.
  12. Blade Parker Active Member

Is this pinned somewhere? Do we have any official comments about a fix?
  13. Fauna Member

So, much have others have said above, opening the launcher and, as soon as PLAY shows, starting everquest2.exe makes little difference to anything. The launchpad still vanishes after the set amount of seconds, and everquest2.exe still opens the game.
  14. KingDragon Active Member

Original problem system is back to having the issue since logging off last nights session that worked.

So far, running the shortcut to the launcher as administrator results in known issue.
    Running the LaunchPad.exe file directly as administrator results in known issue.
    Running the shortcut or the file directly with compatibility mode in several configurations results in known issue.

If we do believe this is likely a permissions issue causing the issue, and a dev wishes to reach out to me via discord I'm happy to review folder, file ACL's applied, and modify those with suggestions to see if a resolution can be made.

If you provide the DLL's also I can double check those, but so far - if running as administrator, and checking administrator ACL to folders and files all currently shows Full/Modify/R&E/R/W for EQ2 and it's contents, unless there's some wonky permission set required, everything's in place for it to work.
    Juraiya, KauaiJim and Rynnn like this.
  15. Rynnn Member

No. Same issues with All of the suggestions. :/
  16. Rynnn Member

No, just that it's being "investigated" :/
  17. Kahnra New Member

Im going to give this a go. I've tried everything else.
  18. Kahnra New Member

Nope, didnt work. ...Who broke the game? I'm taking the candy from your desk!!!
  19. Trav Member

Yes was able to launch the .exe while the launcher was open. Launcher stayed open after launch.
  20. Aiona New Member

I just noticed that my launcher is actually "disappearing" no matter what I do, or call it what you want: closing, failing, stalling, faulting, reaching time out.

Running as admin does make anything better or worse as far as I can tell. Haha.