Krono Xpac token

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by eq2Liaya, Nov 11, 2012.

1. napu Member

yeah unless you are big on collections, then plat doesn't seem to be an issue, even at lower levels.I also dont believe it would be fair to people who have already paid real money and sold kronos, if they suddenly decided to start letting you buy the expansion with them, as the value of krono would understandably rocket if they did.
  2. eq2Liaya Member

Can we get a word on this? Please.
  3. Wurm Well-Known Member

Send me 5000 plat or 5 Krono and I'll buy it for you.
  4. Geothe Active Member

Honestly, I don't see a problem at all with using Krono for Expansion purchases.. and won't be suprised if SoE does do it in the future. Remember, Krono is new, and is more of in a testing phase. As long as SoE doesn't make the same mistake with Krono and have double/triple Krono days and massively devalue it, it will be stable. And I doubt that they will as they see what happened with SC, hence the removal of SC expacs/subs.

3 Krono for a non-CE expansion is net more money to SoE than buying the expac with cash (by nearly 25%). And they already have the mechanism for purchasing items through the station store using in game currency (with Dungeon Maker/Goblin Game items). So yes, it is only a matter of time... how could they not when they will make more out of the deal. And it also opens up the possibility of mid-year spike sales, where they could have an "expansion sale" type even, where for 1 day the most recent expansion only costs 2 krono instead of 3, or something along those lines (or even 1 krono if it is coming close to a new expansion release). Krono retains its dollar value, some people that were hesitant on buying the expac are more likely to impulse buy it if its on "sale" more money in the end.
  5. Elostirion Well-Known Member

If you could have told me how, and done it yesterday, you'd have had two sales. Maybe a little haggling, maybe not.

But prepaid cards dont work. So you'd have had to have given me your actual credit card or I'd have had to give you my accounts in order to transact the sale. That's not happening. Ended up using temporary generated card numbers from a service of one of our cards designed for online ebay purchases.
  6. Amdusias New Member

7. eq2Liaya Member

do people who play through steam get an acct key code? or are they required to play through steam
  8. Buffrat Well-Known Member

I would like to know the answer to this too.
  9. Amdusias New Member

create a steam account install steam redeem the steam bucks download the xpac via steam luanch it via steam it will the pop up the soe launcher and update ur files.
  10. Arcturys Member

Your logic is false. Where do you find this "something for nothing" and a supposed loss of money for SOE which would thus lead to less content and poor quality?

Expansions packs cost money, but so do Kronos - US$18 each. They have a fixed real world value. Somebody has to pay for the Kronos, or somebody has to pay for the expansion pack. Either way, SOE is getting paid. So how is asking for a $40 expansion pack to be made available for a trade of 3 ($54) or 4 ($72) Kronos "a bunch of people demonstrating 'I want something for less than it is worth or even nothing'"? You have left me scratching my head wondering "What the heck is this guy talking about?" Something I have come to expect from the population in general, too.
  11. Opeij New Member

I'm quite curious about this also. I haven't bought the new expac yet, since I literally don't have the money for it, so I would LOVE to be able to buy the expac with krono. Either I buy it with 3 krono, or I wait for it to go on sale to buy it. If I wait for it to go on sale, then SoE loses out on that extra amount from the krono *and* from being regular price.
  12. Wurm Well-Known Member

Unless something has changed since DOV, if you already have EQ2 installed you do not have to reinstall it through steam. You can click on the expac and it will show you the code. You copy and paste it into your station account and you are done.