Krono Xpac token

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by eq2Liaya, Nov 11, 2012.

1. eq2Liaya Member

Since SC xpacs where removed how about add a Xpac Krono token that people can buy and sell on the broker.
  2. Amdusias New Member

I agree, a Krono xpac token would be awesome :) can we get a Dev to respond to this pls thanks!!
  3. eq2Liaya Member

you could also just allow a straight trade, say 4 krono's to buy normal xpac. Thsi way players win they have a way to get xpac again since it was removed from SC. Sony also wins because they are getting around 68.00 per xpac via Kronos.
  4. Wurm Well-Known Member

4 krono is way too much for the expac. 3 is pushing it tbh.
  5. eq2Liaya Member

Around 20 people today in chat said they would be more then willing to do 4. I dont think its to bad.
  6. Ssrilith Member

Given that you can pay for the krono with PLAT and that many have a great abundance of plat, 4 is reasonable if they decide to do that.
  7. Wurm Well-Known Member

Not everyone playing this game is a "moneybag overflowing with platinum" and Krono are going for 700 - 1000 plat ATM on my server (the cheaper ones were bought quickly and the price hasn't fallen since).

However how much a Krono costs in plat is irrelevant anyway, due to the fact that they have a hard $ value. And the normal expansion pack is in no way worth $71,96

3 Krono for $53,97 is an "OK" price for the expansion, and one most people would be willing to pay.
  8. Gaarysal Active Member

If you don't have plat, then pay $40 on the web site and if you do have plat, it has no real world value so paying plat instead of real money is a win even if the plat price has a premium attached to it. Allowing 4 krono to be cashed in for an xpack would just be another option thus making the krono more desirable/valuable.... SOE wins, the player wins, why not?
  9. Rengler New Member

For the content - 2 Krono is still paying too much. But whatever - wake up SOE, the only way you are getting money from me for the expac is via another person selling me Kronos!

GL
  10. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Having the option to buy an in-game item that will grant you the expansion would be great.

On a related side note, I'd guess they'd come up with a new name for a expac Krono for less confusion with original Krono.
  11. Wurm Well-Known Member

Your idea and my idea of "win for the player" is vastly different, I raid, I harvest and I craft. I have the plat, but you know what, it doesn't matter because the MONEY value of the Krono means it is only "win for the player" if the amount spent doesn't go over the true value of the expansion, and I'm sorry the expansion is not worth $71,96.

I worked hard for my plat, why should I shovel it out with both hands for no reason, just because someone else doesn't care about theirs?

SOE will set the price for the expansion in Krono if they deem it a good idea. Asking them to gouge people is just stupid. It is as stupid as the people who always say "Well if you can't add it to the game to get as I play, add it to the SC store."

Both are shortsighted and harmful to the game.

3 Krono is reasonable, 4 Krono is not.

BTW Gaarysal... I see, just by looking at how many hit points you have, that you are very more than likely sitting on an extremely large stash of plat. Good for you, but I'm sorry not everything in this game rotates around the hard-core raiders sitting dragon-like on huge stashes of platinum and gold and nor should it.
  12. Skwor Active Member

4 krono is very reasonable. The ability to buy content with plat should come at a premium. SOE needs income to keep content updated.
  13. Ssrilith Member

Agreed.
  14. Wurm Well-Known Member

However you are not buying content for plat. You are buying Krono for plat. Krono has a hard monetary value and SOE has already been paid for it.

*edit* And with 3 Krono, it already is a 13 dollar premium over the 40 dollar asking price if you buy it at the store.
  15. Gaarysal Active Member

Hardcore raiders wear heroic gear? The expansion isn't worth $71.96, but its sure worth ~4000 platinum... I've been sitting on this "dragon-like" stash of platinum for over 2 years and it is only getting bigger, I can and have made more than 4000pp in a single night several times over, I also have 15 alts that I get gear for and I still rake it in faster than I can spend it. I'm also not alone in this, if SOE feels 4 krono is appropriate then fine, I and a lot of other people in this thread want the option even if it is "overpriced."
  16. Skwor Active Member

Don't be silly, a person who buys a krono with plat then uses it to buy the xpac is absolutely buying with plat. Heck plat itself has a hard currency value on the black market therefor I could semantically say a person buying with plat is also buying with a hard currency.

Truth is some use plat becuase they can earn it easier than they can cash irl. Those people may then wish to buy the xpac using plat instead of cash. Regardless of who bought the krono with cash those using plat ARE NOT adding hard currency to SOE for future expansions, yes they create a market for kronos but they are not directly adding to SOE's bottom line. The convenience of using game-play, ergo something you already do as a means to buy future content (i.e. earned plat as the alternate to cash) should come at a premium.

4 krono is a fair premium imo.
  17. Wurm Well-Known Member

4000 plat in a single night... only way to do that is SLR. And why ask for a high price instead of a reasonable one to begin with? Do you really think playing up to SOE's greed has ever done any good for the game? No. No it hasn't.
  18. Skwor Active Member

Or one could sell 6 krono's on average :p
  19. Amiya New Member

Please add the option to trade 4 Krono for the xpac.
  20. Elostirion Well-Known Member

This is patently ridiculous. The expac has a dollar value. The krono has a dollar value. To disassociate those two is completely nonsensical. The dollar cost of the expac in kronos should approximately mirror the dollar cost of the expac in dollars, or you're well off the exchange rate map.

Buying content with plat does come with a premium- it is the exchange rate between plat and krono on your server. If Krono are allowed to buy expacs, demand will go up, and plat price will go up. Poof, there's your premium.
    Wurm likes this.