Krono Xpac token

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by eq2Liaya, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Elostirion Well-Known Member

No. You're over complicating things. Plat to dollars exchange rate is indeed idiosyncratic to each server, and it fluctuates, but that rate exists, so speaking of relative changes to it is the proper language.

The demand for expacs is indeed a left-heavy curve, but that is nongermane to this discussion, as is the number of people on each server who are already looking to buy. The market forces will either attract buyers or they won't, once the market exists.

What you're left with then, is basic Law of Demand territory. The lower the price, the more buyers. Even under monopolistic conditions, a smaller profit margin spread over more buyers yields greater net profits.

Now if I were running it... you would see a sliding scale for Expac prices.

I'd charge you $60 on day 1, $50 a week later, $40 two weeks later, $30 a month later, $20 6 months later and $10 a year later.
  2. Skwor Active Member

Seriously why is what value you place on this product any more correct or right than what others value this product at?

Value is both objective and subjective and varies from person to person.
  3. crazyeyes321 Active Member

The only real flaw with plat for Krono is, once you get to a point, plat has no real value in game. All it does is accrue.
    Atan likes this.
  4. eq2Liaya Member

I'm sorry I have more plat then you, I don't know how or what else to say. =(
  5. Skwor Active Member

Nice, oddly enough we actually agree on how to price except the starting point. Assuming the starting point of 60 is for the standard version of the game and not the CE edition I would have to concede given it would already be 20 dollars more than the cash value. I personally would try to squeeze in the 4 krono's and toss in the CE on day one and then go to your model the next day. Otherwise I think you have made the better argument on how the profits would be maximized. Good Discussion.
  6. Wurm Well-Known Member

Oh no, I have plenty of plat. I however am not willing to spend 89,95 for a 40 dollar product.

And unlike you (according to how willing you are to throw it away) I value my plat since I know how much work was involved in amassing it. And no I don't SLR.
  7. Wurm Well-Known Member

Because I am only willing to look at the hard dollar amount the Krono is worth. The fluctuating plat value it may or may not have doesn't interest me.
  8. eq2Liaya Member

Tho that's the thing you are NOT spending 89.95 for it. Someone else is and they may value 4-5k plat worth that 89.95. If you don't want to buy Kronos and get the xpac then don't. If others find it a value and buy it then that's up to them. I for one don't mind spending that much. I mean what else am I going to do with it. I have tons of plat and zero use for it. My account is already paid for the next 4 years. So ya I'll spend on the xpac.
  9. Gideon Member

they wanted to make it so people with all access can use them to extend all access subs, thats why they are priced how they are.
  10. SteelPiston Active Member

Just loling at the people that think plat is real money. 4 Krono is a fair price and you should get the CoE CE version for it. If you don't like it, get your credit card out you tight wads and watch out for those moths.
  11. Wurm Well-Known Member

Then why demand a higher price then it is worth? Seriously did you go into the dealership last time you bought a car and demanded to pay full sticker price and then threw an extra 1000 dollars on top because the salesman was so nice? If so, I have some really nice land East of El Paso for sale I might be able to interest you in.
  12. Wurm Well-Known Member

No one is talking about the CE for 4 Krono, if they were, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
  13. eq2Liaya Member

Ill pay 3 Krono for it, or 4 or hell 5. I wont mind if its cheaper. But Sony may need a nudge to allow the option. Consider the reason it cost more overall a service fee for allowing people to basically use plat to get the expansion.
  14. Iadien Active Member

3 kronos for a $40 expansion is more than enough.
  15. eq2Liaya Member

Also since they are refusing to sell boxed copies they will loss alot of sales. Allowing for Krono trade in will get some back.
  16. Terein Active Member

Most companies don't sell boxes anymore, or if they do the CD just automatically claims the game on steam / whatever other platform. So while selling boxes with the full game on the disc is a fairly out of date practice, there should at least be some alternative available, I agree.
  17. eqnextarian New Member

The EU and USA and CHINA and other countries are looking very hard at raising taxes to deal with their overburdening debt and increasing needs. This game collects taxes on the sale of its game from me. Many folks have bragged that they have made thousands of dollars a week buying and selling in game gear, platt, and other services and are looking for more ways to do so. Most of those sales were in violation of the game rules. Most of those folks also claim they didn't have to pay taxes on those sales. The taxing authorities in various countries say they owe taxes but....oh, well. Soe has attached a hard real world price for the kronos and SC items. Taxing authorities are very aware of untaxed earnings using in game currency and items and services and real world cash. Be very careful for what you ask for.
  18. Regolas Well-Known Member

If you have 15 alts and run PR/SoH/OoA on each solo then you can get probably 3-4kpp.

But it would probably take about 8 hours to do it!

Back to topic, krono is not designed for expansions. They'd have to make them like currency to buy xpacs with multiple ones.
  19. Regolas Well-Known Member

Forgot VP, you get 30-50pp per dragon there also.
  20. Atan Well-Known Member

I would like to see a krono conversion to expansion pack. I have friends I'd like to gift the game to using all the coin I have that serves little purpose in this game.