Krono Cost on the Rise

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ZUES, May 19, 2015.

1. Yards Well-Known Member

Plat sellers are the people who buy kronos because they are essentially trading plat for something bought with real money. Every player who has ever bought a krono for plat is technically a plat seller and the other way around anyone who has sold a krono for plat is a plat buyer. This whole thread was created because the plat to krono is inflating meaning plat to real life money is inflating, so bringing up plat sellers is a bad argument. Botters don't create "new" plat they simply slr for plat already in circulation so that also doesn't make any sense as to where the plat is coming from. The obvious and only answer is there is an exploit / dupe somewhere in game.
    Jaden likes this.
  2. Laiina Well-Known Member

On MD for a couple of days it dropped as low as 60K, but now it is back up to 120K+. I also am wondering if there is another exploit, or just a whole lot more plat in circulation than most of us expected.
  3. Satyr Well-Known Member

Wrong at least on TLE. Botters farm on TLE by going AFK in instances and vendoring loot. Seems that would be the case on Live too since SLR is slow, not guaranteed, and requires a presence at keys.
  4. Laiina Well-Known Member

Nope, they have not. None of those increases the actual amount of plat already in the game. It just moves it from one char to another. A small amount comes from daily activity - selling trash to the vendor, quests that pay a couple of plat, etc. But the two main sources recently have been the Loyalty points for plat thing, and the famous exploit that got a lot of people Drunderized. There may be more, perhaps smaller and/or much less obvious exploits out there still remaining, but I suspect that the vast majority of the excess plat now in circulation came from those two sources.
  5. Laiina Well-Known Member

Sounds good, but in fact you are talking about what.. a few silver to a couple of gold per mob? While Fai Thas is sold in auction channel for 2 million? If you got 5 gold per second, it would take months.
  6. Eradani Well-Known Member

you can make platz doing that on TLE and, in fact, TLE platz is worth about k platz would be on live
  7. Laiina Well-Known Member

That is true, but that avenue has been available since the game started, and I don't see it having a huge impact.
  8. Yards Well-Known Member

The worth of TLE plat vs live plat is not relevant because no matter how large the difference is you are not introducing "new" plat into the economy. There is an influx of plat that can only be explained by someone making plat out of thin air, not by moving around plat that is already in circulation.
    Laiina likes this.
  9. Kittybock Well-Known Member

The Term: "Plat Seller" has negative connotations (as it should) and generally means someone that buys/ sells Plat outside the accepted channels within a game.

Players that Legitimately purchase a Krono through Daybreak, then sell said Krono via the Broker are NOT Plat Sellers. Nor are those which buy Kronos from the Broker.
    Ceyllynn, Laiina and Eles like this.
  10. Eradani Well-Known Member

you guys are arguing in circles against yourself.

first this response "correcting" a misconception
    to which you conceded the point and then claimed it was only a few gold
    and i corrected this assumption
    and now backtracking and saying it isn't "new", when in fact, it wouldn't be there without botters
    but whatever really cause i don't bot nor buy / sell plat (kronos)
  11. Satyr Well-Known Member

Lol no. Vendoring loot.
  12. Xper Well-Known Member

200k per krono on ab now. Getting crazy :D
  13. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I would be more curious about how many are being bought at that price... and back track WHERE and WHEN they got that much gold to be able to buy them.
    HaphazardAllure and Jaden like this.
  14. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

heh at this point it's cheaper to buy from DGB or the unmentionables than to buy in-game... people stop buying in-game and in theory(reality doesn't always pan out), the prices should drop again... but since some idiot will pay any price, it probably wont happen.
  15. Badhealer Active Member

I believe the 12 year reward (1 year of loyalty points) along with the 5 loyalty for 500 plat is behind this huge increase in Krono costs and some of the other hyperinflation we are experiencing.
  16. Avirodar Well-Known Member

What are you really saying here? That people with more disposable plat than you, that are willing to pay the listed price of an item on EQ2's broker, are idiots?

A luxury commodity item is worth what someone is willing to pay. How much someone is willing to pay, comes down to supply and demand. Just because you can't afford the plat, does not mean people are idiots.
  17. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

it's got nothing to do with afford, I don't buy/sell kronos period, I pay for my accounts the usual way.. yearly by CC.

what part of the economics involved is so hard to understand? people are complaining about the price going up, if people refuse to buy it at that price, then it will go down, but since some will buy it at any price it is unlikely to. those prices are way too high and only an idiot would fuel their increase.
  18. Regolas Well-Known Member

365/5 = 73

73 x 500pp = 36,500pp

Even if the 12 year vet reward is double that, it's a one off 73kpp per account.

Assuming every single loyalty point went on plat bags, that's another 73kpp per year you can earn. Less than 1 krono per year via plat bags.

I blame keys! The rich hoarders have bought them to get mythical items, which has dispersed their wealth to the masses and caused the inflation.

People paying more for SLR, consumables, etc, so want more for their kronos. And krono buyers are paying it somehow
  19. Beee Well-Known Member

At the moment it gets almost interesting to sell 5 krono für a full deity infused set ;)
  20. Datoon Active Member

This is for what it's worth! My analysis on this matter.

The botters buy up the cheap Krono, then their botting band bid up the price in the auctions, this in turn panics the toons that relay on Krono for sub's; so they go to the third party web site plat sellers and buy plat to buy Krono.
    The botters either use this plat to buy up cheap Krono or convert it into real money buy selling it on third party web sites.