Krono Cost on the Rise

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ZUES, May 19, 2015.

1. Eles Well-Known Member

another reason why i'm not going to sell my krono for 100p :p
  2. Eles Well-Known Member

is related to the price what people is willing to sell and people willing to buy. If someone is willing to sell for 500k or 1 mil, he is free to do it. But will be people willing to buy for that price? if yes, so be it.

If we don't have ingame plat to buy from the broker, why not spend 17 or 18 bucks from DBG and resell ingame for what ever price you want.
  3. semisus Does not play this game

well if i see someone buying 2 pages worth of kronos ( even the ones at 200k ) i get worried.
  4. Elostirion Well-Known Member

Someone probably had cash stashed on an alt (after many many cash transfers) that they left offline to hope to keep it below the drun-dar. They apparently thought it long enough and brought that cash back online, and got liquid as fast as possible.

This, in other words. If DBG had enough staff to spend data-analyst hours on the problem, this wouldnt happen. But with 5 devs left its hard to budget one of them to spend a week working on Tableau or something to trace it.
    Neiloch likes this.
  5. Datoon Active Member

Botters and Plat sellers... They've had control of the market since 2013
  6. Elostirion Well-Known Member

Puppy.... google "Yantis" for just the tip of the iceberg. You're off your mark by more than a decade.
  7. Ibukia Member

Definitely something fishy going on today
  8. nooooooo Member

The same level 1 toon buying Kronos on all servers regardless of the price....
    semisus likes this.
  9. Datoon Active Member

I only joined 2012.. so can only draw exp from that time..
  10. Thand Well-Known Member

Well with the Mergers you did have 3 servers worth of plat Smoshed into 1 server so in general prices tripled
    Laiina likes this.
  11. Datoon Active Member

So what your telling us is: botting and plat selling had no influence on the price of Krono's?
  12. Datoon Active Member

And I'm ColbyJack.
  13. Wurm Well-Known Member

Not as much as a month long plat exploit, that was like winning the one arm bandit's jackpot every time you pulled the lever.
  14. Wurm Well-Known Member

That makes no sense. Since the amount of things offered also tripled at the same time.
  15. Datoon Active Member

It's not just the exploits... It's about how these "known" exploits are allowed to filter thro the game...? I worked for a pharmar that would release germs so it could sell it's drug's I'm not deluded... You are!
  16. Wurm Well-Known Member

If you think drug companies are releasing germs to make people sick to sell medicine, and are comparing it to EQ2 exploits somehow, I really don't think any of us can help you change your opinion.
  17. Datoon Active Member

So the root to the increase of plat in the game! Has come from where... Legit sources, some yes. But the plat sellers, botters and other exploiters are also contributing to that excess...
  18. Datoon Active Member

And as these practise are supposed to be against the rules, the question should be being asked... Why is this being allowed?
  19. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I can only say what another company says when asked about this subject. They prefer to find out as much as they can so they can all of the accounts and block their IP address as well as figure out what botting programs they are using. They don't want to be just swatting flies in a barn since they will just be back tomorrow, but try to remove what is attracting them while not hindering the main function of the barn itself *grins*
  20. Datoon Active Member

It's that huge pile of dirty, smelly money to be made... That's what's attracting them.