Krel Korek Mal

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Aethlred, Dec 11, 2021.

1. vlada Active Member

confirmed the strat 2x now.no kiting but kill trash. no 1 shots after trash dead
    Priority likes this.
  2. Aethos Well-Known Member

The trash is not what causes the oneshots.
    I don't know how I can make this more clear.

When I was first bug reporting about this zone I killed LITERALLY EVERY KILLABLE TRASH IN THE ENTIRE ZONE. EVERY ONE OF THEM. The only stuff alive at time of testing was stuff that does not become attackable until later bosses have been killed. Would you like a video?

The trash doesn't buff him. If you think it does, it's literally you that doesn't understand the encounter/strat.

I have a thread that kept getting locked where I went into some very extreme detail about all the steps I took to test this encounter. Feel free to give it a look.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...el-korek-mal-1st-boss-solo-the-sequel.602402/

Again, there is nothing that suggests "kite it because if you don't you will be randomly hit for 21,000% of your max health in damage" is the strategy, and I'd be hard pressed to name another encounter where the legit mechanic to win is "kite or die". I remain unconvinced that this is by design unless a dev comments and says the strategy is "kite or die".
  3. Priority Well-Known Member

Legatus Prime Mikill in the DoV Hall of Legends raid if you'd like one for future reference.
  4. Aethos Well-Known Member

That's not really the same thing, because the mechanic is not that you have to be out of his attack range (which is what kiting is), but rather that he has to keep moving and it's also actually telegraphed in the fight. I was actually thinking of this fight (but couldn't recall the name) because I remembered there being a fight where you had to keep moving not long before I stopped raiding (which was right before Plane of War, so it was in the Velious era).

Anyway, neither of those apply to this fight.
  5. Priority Well-Known Member

Ok, lets use an absolute, inflexible definition of the term.

Either way, good luck killing a mob most people just burn down in 5s including the trash.
  6. Aethos Well-Known Member

You're ducking the point entirely - by all means, if you're gonna do that, then just bow out of the conversation. The point is that the mob is not working as intended.
    Priority likes this.
  7. Priority Well-Known Member

yea, i've been standing here with this thing beating on me trying to find a reason for the Bone-Spiked Fist ING you get. No cast bar, all adds dead, no det before it lands, no buff on the named, nada. Thought maybe it was a max range thing so stood at 4m, that's the fastest i've been killed. Tried standing right on the pivot point, still died. Idk, seems bugged to some degree.

Only thing you can do is kill it faster or zerg it.
    Aethos likes this.
  8. Aethos Well-Known Member

Yar, that's more or less what I do - Just cheese it with death prevents. My frustration primarily stems from this mob not really being acknowledged in any way by red names. That and trying to bring attention to apparent bugs in the bug report forum for some reason has gotten multiple threads locked.

I made a video as a demonstration and I'm considering making a third bug report thread and seeing if it gets locked again anyway.

Edit: Anyway, here's the video. Sorry for the bad quality.

For those that don't feel liking zooming/expanding the video or the text is just too fuzzy to read:

I start by demonstrating that the zone has been cleared of all killable trash, which I confirmed via tracking. Only stuff alive is un-attackable stuff that becomes relevant as bosses die.

First pull: I just fought it simply and normally in melee range using basic attacks without unloading. I did not avoid using stuns.

Second pull: I ran around in circles using basic attacks. I avoided using stuns.

Third pull: Same as first pull but avoided using stuns.

Fourth pull: Ran around in circles to show variance in timing.

Fifth pull: How I usually kill it (death prevent cheese). I also take this time to bring up the buff inspect window - which shows 18k percent max health damage. When not debuffed, this is normally 21k.
  9. Priority Well-Known Member

The devs have been on vacation for 2 weeks. People need to chill out for a bit and realize that. I go on vacation or im home for some reason and my boss calls, im not answering. Thats my time and youre forcing me to use benefit time to take it. You dont get work at the same time, regardless if its a 20s phone call or a text.
    Aethos likes this.
  10. vlada Active Member

the mob isnt bugged really. i watched the video of the monk pulling. i saw the repeated wipes. i dont understand why he takes so long to kill this mob when my alt conj with half the hp destroys him easily and never gets 1 shotted. the monks gear isnt the greatest but that shouldnt matter. i'm guessing low potency or some other stat issue behind the problems. krel korek isn't that hard, he really isn't. and threads do get locked when there's too much nonsensical rage about stuff that's not broken
  11. Priority Well-Known Member

I had a pull where it killed me at 8s with 35% static DR from my shield and 28% DR from crusader's Faith.

Theres no observable reason for bone-bladed fist to hit or for that much.

Pulls ranged frim 8s to 2 minutes. Sometimes it hits for nothing 6 times and then it explodes you.

And no, it doesnt take me 2 minutes to kill. I was standing there to see what happens, watching dets and the named for buffs/casting bars.

Theres nothing.
    Aethos likes this.
  12. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

His cast order is all wrong, he's using a fraction of the tools available to a monk, and I checked his spec and frankly it triggered me so much I wrote 4 or 5 paragraphs about it before telling myself it isn't worth it and deleting it. The mob should die in seconds, even with poor gear and low fervor. What's interesting though is the fact that there is some odd behavior by the mob and others have recreated it. I'm sure it's a valid point that you shouldn't be getting a RANDOM one-shot from any mob, let alone the first boss in a solo zone. Regardless of the quality of the spec and play, no solo mob should be doing that unless it's a fail condition, and it doesn't look like one.
    Aethos likes this.
  13. Prosum New Member

This Mob drives me nuts as well, was just getting on to post about it and saw this thread. I play a lot, but I am not really an advanced player and mainly do solo content or old content in the game I can mentor down and solo. Just frustrated me as that type of player, I can beat every other mob in all the solos relatively easily at this point, but when I come across this one it's not uncommon to die multiple or many times, even after I clear out the trash in the vicinity. Just makes the zone not fun and makes me want to avoid it. Really got to me today while trying to do the weekly.

Then my other issue is in the Heart of Conflict in the fight against Sumedorga and Agrodemus, I have yet to find what bush is sparkling or whatever to run the mob over to it. I mainly just have to tank and spank it and die sometimes, although I am fortunately often revived by my merc to continue the fight.
  14. vlada Active Member

Then my other issue is in the Heart of Conflict in the fight against Sumedorga and Agrodemus, I have yet to find what bush is sparkling or whatever to run the mob over to it. I mainly just have to tank and spank it and die sometimes, although I am fortunately often revived by my merc to continue the fight.

there are no bushes that sparkle in the solo. kill the add.
  15. Aethos Well-Known Member

As I said in the text below the video, I was deliberately avoiding being optimal (or at least, optimal for me) for most of those pulls.

Anyway, yes it would not have been worth it because I didn't ask for your input on any of that. :p
  16. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Sounds like it's working then.
  17. Menko Member

died 30 times on my mystic trying to do this solo zone first mob. cannot do enough dps to kill before one shot. nothing in this thread worked. all trash dead. running in circles. kiting. nothing.
    horrible.
  18. Aethos Well-Known Member

Some people are just like that but at least you're aware.
  19. Priority Well-Known Member

All based on perspective. People tend to believe that about others who say or do things they dont like.
    Aethos likes this.
  20. Menko Member

my mystic has low fervor and gear and has no chance of doing enough dps. id love a fix to this as the only thing i can do until geared enough to heal groups is run solo weeklys and achievements and this prevents me from completing the weekly, which i need to catch up on ethereal trackers. is there ANY fix coming to this devs?
    Aethos likes this.