Krel Korek Mal

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Aethlred, Dec 11, 2021.

1. Aethlred New Member

I'm beat on this mob. He one-shots me seemingly randomly, although I know it's not random, but I can't figure it. It doesn't seem to correlate with the "massive club" emote since I get one-shotted without seeing the emote. Once I got him down to about 30% but I have no idea why. Any hints?
  2. vlada Active Member

do not stand still
  3. Aethlred New Member

Nope, just tried that (again), and he one-shotted me.
  4. Cozad32 New Member

Im stuck also he just randomly one shots me. Ive moved around tried keeping him knocked down and stunned but he still one shots me.
  5. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm getting one-shotted by him randomly at any point in the fight. None of my avoidance or riposte abilities can prevent me from just randomly getting hit for TWO POINT SIX BILLION HP.

Edit: Okay, i've been told you have to clear all the trash in the surrounding area. ALL OF IT. Apparently the more trash is up, the stronger the named is.
  6. Aethlred New Member

This worked. I cleared everything around Krel and he went down on the first pull. Thanks!
    Doobius40504 likes this.
  7. Aethos Well-Known Member

I have killed everything on the same level/area as Krel and I am still getting hit by its frontal-only DOT, which per the description, hits for 21,000% of your max health in damage per tick. It does not have a cast time, and only affects people in its front. I have used tracking to confirm this.

Not really sure what you're supposed to do about this.

Edit: Tried going down to the "lower" level - there are un-climbable ladders - to no avail, it would just port me back to zone entrance.

I can see floating things in the graveyard nearby that are untargetable that are called "blood of the dead" on track.

I went to the further-away graveyard (near one of the NPC camps in the normal Mahngavi) and found a bunch of un-attackable, targetable "an undead zombie thrall".

After extensive testing I've noticed it's curable, but like....only if a death prevent has been used, obviously, because you have to survive that initial hit.
  8. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Are you clearing out all the four-person groups of witches from the zone in to around the named? I grab the ones up on the hill just to be safe.
    Doobius40504 likes this.
  9. Aethos Well-Known Member

Yes. There is no trash left in the zone to kill. The only things still left in the zone are some zombie thralls that are unattackable on the small island where an NPC camp is in regular Mahngavi, as well as some blood bubble things behind where this particular boss is standing (they come up on track but are not targetable).
  10. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Hmmm Yeah I got nothing left to help you with that. I do agree that the unpredictable one-hit kill is a pretty poor mechanic. The boss needs to be nerfed.
    Doobius40504 likes this.
  11. Aethos Well-Known Member

The fact that this DOT is curable makes me think that the way this is probably supposed to work is it's supposed to hit me for 200 billion damage if I fail to cure it or something. Or maybe if it interacts with "Bone-Bladed Flurry", which is another curable trauma, but it roots you and has a damage range (0-100%) which is actually mitigatable.

It also feels like the emote he does at the beginning of combat - something about aiming for your head - is not supposed to just be flavor text for when you pull, but supposed to actually be related to some mechanic as a telegraph.

[IMG]
  12. Bludd Well-Known Member

if you dont kill this guy fast he eats your face yeah, maybe a remnant of heroic script
  13. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

He one-shotted me a few seconds into the fight. It seems to be random as to when he uses his not-telegraphed 2.7 billion HP hits.
  14. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Warpwood solo. Cleared the enemies around him.

"Krel Korek Mal's Bone-Bladed Fist hits you for"

.... TWO HUNDRED FORTY SIX BILLION HIT POINTS.
  15. Aethos Well-Known Member

Yep. Several hundred billion. My bug report thread got shut down for some reason. So I made a new one.

I tried to go HAM tonight, since as I mentioned I was confident I could kill it before it mattered since the boss tends to wait around 20-30 seconds or so before hitting for several hundred billion damage, but to my surprise, it actually hit me about 10 seconds into the fight when I had the boss between 20-40% somewhere.

Because I didn't expect it to go off THIS early, I didn't use Brawler's Tenacity. I did the second time though. Killed it, but this seriously can't be how it's supposed to go by design.
    Doobius40504, Quillyne and Cusashorn like this.
  16. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

In both Solo and H1- I run around the mob in a circle non-stop - hitting it as I go. Haven't died in a while.

Note - I clear all the trash all around him before I pull in Solo and H1.
  17. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Tried that. he stays glued on you the entire fight and I still get killed while running circles or staying on the move. It's not a directional attack.
    Aethos likes this.
  18. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Has worked for me since week 1.
  19. Aethos Well-Known Member

I have done the running around him in circles thing too. This does not prevent the 200 billion damage hit for me. I also kill literally every last killable thing in the zone prior to pulling.

Something is wrong here.
  20. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Sounds like some bug to me. I usually kill him in 10 seconds or so, got kickbacked today for the first time but ran back and killed him. But I always take out all of the 4 member groups up to him before I attack. I don't keep moving etc. Maybe it is a problem for classes that can't kill him quick so I haven't seen it.
    Doobius40504 likes this.