Krel Korek Mal

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Aethlred, Dec 11, 2021.

1. Aethos Well-Known Member

We're apparently not allowed to bug report about this.
  2. vlada Active Member

do more dps. he isnt bugged. also,avoid getting hit
  3. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Ok just did this mob with 5 toons (main and 4 alts at 125) - all stats outside of solo

Guardian (main) - VoV Celestial Healer at 20, 606 Pot, VoV Experts and up - 13 secs
    Swashy (alt) - VoV Celestial Healer at 10, 521k Pot, Vov Experts - 14 secs
    Ranger (alt) - VoV Celestial Healer at 10, 473k Pot, VoV Experts - 14 secs
    Illy (alt) - RoS Celestial Healer at 18, 447k Pot, RoS Experts - 16 secs
    Wizard (alt) - RoS Celestial Healer at 13, 459k Pot, RoS Experts - 49 secs

Note Illy died twice to hug hits while using VoV Celestial Healer at lvl 5 - then I switched to RoS Celestial Healer.
    Note Wizard - died twice - because I haven't honestly played the toon in a while :)

Same stat for all 5 - clear all trash around name - run in circle hitting name as you go.
  4. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

A monk getting one-shotted when he's at 20% might be a case for "Do more DPS".

A monk getting one-shotted at when he's at 90% and you're going full burn with the very method that got him down to 20% is not.

Avoid getting hit? Monks have Tsunami, which fully reposts all attacks from the front and dodges everything from the sides and back. We also have an AA ability called Bob and Weave, which makes us dodge all physical attacks from every direction. You will still get one-shotted even with both skills active at the same time.
    Doobius40504 and Aethos like this.
  5. Zylara Well-Known Member

On both my Inq and my Troub I dont bother killing anything b4 pulling him and i just keep running in a circle around him, havent been killed since I started doing this
  6. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

I didn't even realise this mob had a script, or did anything in particular... #turnandburn.
  7. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

So how does a tank class who cannot root #turnandburn a mob in a solo instance where they are guaranteed to always be facing its front no matter how much you run around it because they're the one who has agro?
    Doobius40504 and Aethos like this.
  8. Aethos Well-Known Member

We ever gonna get a dev response on this? Because this is still a problem.

Or at least tell us how the @(#$ing mechanic is supposed to work. This silence is aggravating and I'm about ready to make another bug report thread for some silent observer to lock.
  9. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Was thinking more about the heroic version, but I just approach all solo mobs the same way: Dragonfire > spam stuff > loot.
  10. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

He starts off the fight with the "Raises his cudgel and aims for your head" emote. That means that you will be insta-killed anywhere between 0.5 seconds and 1 minute later. I wish I was exaggerating that, because there's no cast time and you never see it coming. I buff myself up as much as I can and use mitigation debuffs on him but that's still no guarantee that my 4 dragonfires going off will wear him down fast enough.
    Aethos likes this.
  11. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Ok, this is what I do.. I zone in, run to the rock on the right, jump diagonally to the rock on the left, jump diagonally right to the group of mages, ignore them, target the boss, hit peel from max range, back up whilst he's incoming, then hit dragonfire to kill everything around me and spam CA's for the 5 seconds it takes to kill him.
    Priority likes this.
  12. Aethos Well-Known Member

This isn't helpful for people that take more than 5 seconds to kill him.

Not to mention "Kill it before mechanics matter" is circumventing the question/problem entirely.
  13. vlada Active Member

it takes me 30 secs. i dont die b/c i killed the trash that buffs him. easy. dont get hit. keep moving. i only have 500k pot so not even uber
  14. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Okay, so I ran him again last night in the solo. Used dragonfire, rising dragon > refresh dragonfire. Ready Up activated, so I got two more dragonfires off. Then I kept my distance and used geomancer abilities to nuke him while the dragonfire dots. Didn't even bother killing the enemies in the area-- didn't seem to make any difference. The 4 witches with him died instantly at the start of the battle anyway.

Being forced to keep your distance in a solo instance for a class that has very few methods to actual do so doesn't seem like the way the encounter should be killed. I am only telling it from the perspective of the monk class.
    Aethos likes this.
  15. vlada Active Member

killing the grps of 4 around him reduces his DR. its a must. you need to stay away from him or you will die. thats the strat. its not hard. even a monk should be able to do it. my weak *** illy can kill him in less than 30 sec. float like a butterfly,sting like a bee
  16. Aethos Well-Known Member

The trash does not buff him. This is not a must at all, actually.
  17. Aethos Well-Known Member

Yeah this is a big part of my point too. Basically the "strategy" seems like "kite him". Given there is NOTHING AT ALL that suggests this is supposed to be the strategy, other than his very random timing hitting for 200 billion damage, this seems like a bug, and I feel my rage for the fact every time I bug report it it gets locked building even just thinking about it lol.

Not to mention in the past it has always seemed like they don't like kiting in EQ2 anyway and never have, so that makes it seem even less likely that this is working as intended.
    Cusashorn likes this.
  18. vlada Active Member

i'm sad you dont understand the strat.just killed him. killed all the trash that buffs him. pulled.stood my ground.got hit 3x which knocked me back.didnt die as no big hits,certainly not 200Bil. if you do super dps you can skip trash and melt him but the STRAT is kill trash then kite him if needed. i didnt this time and he died in 30 secs. NOT BUGGED! [kitings fine,always has been]
  19. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Everyone keeps saying just do super hard DPS. Do you remember HAVING that super hard DPS when the expansion launched and you were only using the gear from the box? It's easy to say just go super DPS when you have it, so how did you go super hard DPS when you didn't?

Maybe you should actually just let yourself get insta-killed so you at least experience the "Wait, what just happened?" moment the rest of us *can* experience right away 3 seconds into the fight.

I repeat what has been said numerous times in this fight: If a solo mob requires you to kite it, then the strategy needs to be explained by a dev as to why a straight tank-n-spank from classes who are incapable of kiting a mob can result in them being insta-killed.
    Breanna likes this.
  20. vlada Active Member

i did not kite him. my illy has 500k pot. im far from uber. i tanked n spanked him. why? how? i killed the 4 grp trash around him. they give him a buff that causes the 1 shots. then,when the cudgel hit me,it only knocked me back. my alt conj literally destroys him,not even done w sig. all classes can kite fyi... even monks,its eq2 101.