Kael Drakkel: Lore and Legend Server Coming Soon

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Jan 20, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keshet New Member

Crafting and Alternate Advancement points aren't mentioned, any details?
    Carynn and Siren like this.
  2. Chikkin Well-Known Member

What am I planning to do first?
    Help Qho of course!
    Jaden, Hartsmith, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  3. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Auto mentoring down??

Uhh, no.

It was all good until that, you let me play my toon the way I want to or its just a waste of time.
    Other than that it will last maybe a few months with those rules in place.
  4. Hot_Rod Member

Will Dungeon finder (or maker) be active?
    +1 for Channelers to be available. :)
  5. LotBoy New Member

Interdasting
  6. Kotter Legendary Member

mercs available?
    familiars?
    Hartsmith likes this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I don't expect that to be a reality ever. They've already shown it doesn't work with the existing Dungeon Finder. The big difference is that everyone will be 90, and the game will automentor you to whatever is required by the zone you are in, so that there won't be a bunch of people at whatever level the "end game" of the server is, people in theory will always be able to get groups for very low level content.

We'll see.
  8. Siren Well-Known Member

Do the L90s spawn with mounts, good-sized bags, Adept or Expert spells and a bunch of plat like the Try Before You Buy Heroic characters? And does each L90 get to pick one L90 crafting line they spawn with as well?

How the heck can L90s do their appropriate top-end content right off the bat without all that stuff? If they don't have it, then why bother spawning as L90s?
    Jaden, Breanna and Pixistik like this.
  9. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

They never give enough bag space, its like starting a level 1 toon and they give you 4 slot bags??? like what you gonna do with 4 slot bags.
    Jaden, Rosyposy, Hartsmith and 3 others like this.
  10. SeaJae Member

Will we be able to earn cosmetic gear from this server to be used on the upcoming TLE released in May? I'd love to arrive on Varsoon fashionably.
  11. Siren Well-Known Member

Hey, maybe Daybreak could give it out as a reward for those who beta test the Lore & Legend server! Although I'd rather get another mount (we previously got the pedi-powered leaper mount beta testing).
  12. Malachy Well-Known Member

Is it 'auto-mentoring' down your character level to the zone (like live) or are all the mobs level 90ish? I ask, because if it's the former, it's going to be a huge challenge to tune mob difficulty; whereas the latter, it'll be easy.

What I like most is instead of TLE's of the past where you are waiting for content and when it is released it is often with problems of itemization, mob tuning and class balance; whereas here it's a static experience on this server - fix it once and it's done.
    Siren likes this.
  13. Louly Well-Known Member

If this is going to be like Guild Wars 2 to were you automatically level down to the zone it will be great!
    I'm ready to try it :)
    Jaden, Hartsmith and Siren like this.
  14. Alioha Member

Looking forward to trying it out! Love you guys, you are always trying to improve and make us fans happy, THANK YOU!
    Hartsmith and Kotter like this.
  15. Seth Well-Known Member

You know, all TLE's ever where, was just paid test servers.

If the L&L thing works, they will implement it across all servers.
    Hartsmith likes this.
  16. shaunisme Member

just when I thought they game could not get dumbed down anymore! lol
  17. Siren Well-Known Member

No they won't. The free live servers will always stay legacy, with nothing new but expansions because you have to pay for those. Live won't get Free Trade, Lore & Legend, TL-Prog, PvP or the old Neighborhoods, because those are all aspects of pay-for gold sub servers, designed to lure free players away from F2P and into the land of monthly fees. ;) And you can't really blame Daybreak; they have to eat, too.

You will never see a new F2P server, just mergers of the old live servers to condense them more and more as populations drop. The only new servers will be gold sub, til that's mostly all that's left.

And before anyone roils on about the pay to win end game costs of the free servers, I will remind everyone that all gold sub servers have cash shops with pay to win stuff in them, too.
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Forestchild Well-Known Member

I 2nd this, they need to at least do the upgrade for LVL 1/Herioc Characters that don't have the stupid 4-slot bags anymore. when the game came out 4-slot was fine. but not now, On the Plat, maybe something like 5 plat or something, to start, but that would probably get exploited.
    Siren likes this.
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

With just a few minutes of leveling crafting, you could just... I dunno... make your own bags?
  20. Jonsu New Member

This is going to be awsome!

Thank you :)
    Jaden, Hartsmith and Siren like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.