Kael Drakkel: Lore and Legend Server Coming Soon

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Jan 20, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arazmus New Member

I am very intrigued. This will get me to re-sub. Again. LOL
    rutro, Siren and Hartsmith like this.
  2. Kalipto New Member

Will this actually be challenging game play or will it be just like mentoring where the is absolutely no challenge at all, not even remotely?

As it stands, anybody mentoring down face stomps everything. Add a merc and you don't have to even engage mobs, the merc can just one shot every thing. The low level game in eq2 is a complete joke. So I hope you're taking this into account.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  3. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

This is an MMORPG, so the whole point is story based adventuring. For me, the leveling and gear were never as meaningful as being able to participate in the story being told. By removing the need to grind for gear, I can focus on actually becoming immersed in the adventure instead of spending 95% of my time preparing for it.

I've never played GW2, but sounds similar to SWtOR. If you need to return to a low level zone, all your stats spells, armor, etc. adjust to that zone. Still easy compared to when your character first started that zone, but still challenging enough to be fun.

If it works like it does on SWtOR, then that would not be a bad thing.

Based on previous TLE servers?
    Look closer. This isn't going to be the same as those. Many of us are wanting more story oriented adventuring without the amount of farming for gear required on other servers. Challenging enough that our high level characters pop the baddies like zits, but not so hard we have to spend the majority of our time improving gear and spells.

So in regards to your complaint . . .
    Tanz Sixfingers and Julez like this.
  4. Jovie Well-Known Member

Based on previous TLE servers?
    Look closer. This isn't going to be the same as those. Many of us are wanting more story oriented adventuring without the amount of farming for gear required on other servers. Challenging enough that our high level characters pop the baddies like zits, but not so hard we have to spend the majority of our time improving gear and spells.

So in regards to your complaint . . .[/quote]

Based on Rivervale and Isle of Refuge. This isn't a TLE server. It is a soon to fail special rulesset that will be just as much of a ghost town as the heroic start server was on eq1.

I don't wish it ill will, but i know that the eq2 devs have a rotten track record with special rules sets.

When it was first mentioned, it sounded just like the elder scrolls online system, where all mobs are on level from the beginning of the game to the end. I was stoked.
    What they are doing with kael drakkel is....utterly boring and useless. It can be done today with mentoring or chronomage.

It will end up a ghost town in less than 3 months. I think the pvp tle server will end up being more popular than KD ever will.

Quote me on it.
    Pixistik likes this.
  5. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

That is your opinion.

Mentoring and chronomage, in my experience on live servers, doesn't effectively balance the high level character, spells, gear, etc. to the lower levels. They are still able to pop the mobs and even bosses like zits in one shot for the most part. I might be more interested in the stories, but I don't want it too easy.

What I am hoping for, and I suspect a lot of other players too, is that this server will find a better way to balance the play so that fights are still challenging enough to be fun, but not so hard to warrant a seemingly endless amount of time grinding/farming for gear so as to shift the focus on story immersion. As it stands on Live where I'm always grinding and spinning my wheels, I feel a bit disconnected from all the lore and legends that is the heart of this game.

If they have indeed figured out how to balance the zones, then it will be more popular than you are imagining it will be.
    Julez likes this.
  6. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Forgot to ask my question about this when replying to everyone else, LOL.

While I am confident that Freeblod will be playable (it was available when DoV was released) I do want to know if I can play my NOBLE aerakyn that I spent sooo much money to have access to.

What about mounts? Will any of the mounts from CE/PE editions be available on this server? Will I be able to /claim the Frostshadow Tyranodon from the Destiny of Velious Crate? Will the Blessing of Xegony be an appearance option there as well?
    Julez likes this.
  7. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Personally, I'm hopping for a solid, casual-friendly medium difficulty. Go and grab a few friends and have at it. I hope it's not faceroll easy, but it shouldn't ********* you either.
    Jaden, Julez and Hartsmith like this.
  8. Arazmus New Member

Well, interesting debate here. But as I recall, (and I am an old man and memory degradation is a thing! LOL) the game was still fun to play back in the DoV days, before mercs, and before my max level bruiser could one-shot anything in the open world with auto-attack. Maybe it'll be a ghost town, maybe it won't. But as long as they keep it running I'm sure I'll be tooling around on it. It sounds like fun. =)
    Jaden, Julez and Hartsmith like this.
  9. Grayven Member

The concept of challenging zones throughout the game brought me back here after.. 3 expansions skipped? Maybe 4? I lose track. Regardless, I don't expect them to get the balance correct right away. It will help having everyone start at 90 so all the adjustments have the same base, but mentoring has always been overpowered, and simply adding hit points to the mobs doesn't make them more interesting to kill. I will just want to see improvements as I am working on the various new achievements on the server. If it's bad at first, but gets better, then it will be something I will want to keep playing.

Having said that.. is anyone planning a L&L server guild yet? All my old guildies don't play anymore. If this server does actually "work", Grayven and Frostshock are going to need some new friends.
    Jaden and Julez like this.
  10. Nilyana Active Member

While I can't give an official answer, if it helps races have not been restricted on any other special rule set server, even the TLE servers. (I played an Aerakyn at launch on the last two.) I doubt they will restrict races. It's classes that are usually restricted (no channeler or beastlord), and it doesn't seem clear yet if that will be the case here.
    Julez and Hartsmith like this.
  11. Boldac Active Member

Any chance we get any sort of information or answers to the questions that have been asked next week?
    Jaden, Siren and Julez like this.
  12. rutro Well-Known Member

Julez likes this.
  13. rutro Well-Known Member

Dude! I am all in to try this server....all about grouping-woot!
    Jaden, Siren and Hartsmith like this.
  14. Boldac Active Member

Thanks Rutro, but I was looking for a bit more than the generic hype ad they already posted.

Like answers to:

Will crafting also start at L90?
    or
    Will Beasties and Channelers be available? (I hope not)
    or
    What will be the xpac release schedule, if any?
    or
    Will we start with apprentice, adepts, etc?
    or
    Will mercs be turned on? (again, I hope not...not ever)

And many more.

I'm looking forward to it as well....just asking for a bit more detail...
  15. Arazmus New Member

I'm sure we'll find out more as we get closer... but the impression I have is that there will be no more xpac releases. What we get at launch will be it, which is fine with me. It's basically a nostalgia server. I don't think mercs will be available since they didn't originally release until the following xpac. But we will see, won't we? =D
    Jaden and Siren like this.
  16. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

What I see coming from it
    I think it was Ryan Reynolds that said it best in 6 Underground
    "it will be a glorious clustersomethingorother"
    Hartsmith, TheInquisitor and Siren like this.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

o well after Kaladim is send to little TLE server heaven, I might try if this works.
    I am sure people will still stay near the top, unless the gear that drops in the lower-level dungeons is all level 90.

O no I have to do the Peacock quest line again NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!.
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I knew Daybreak was working on something big on the side, I guess this would be it.
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

there will be still faction grinding, right?
    And I can't find it anymore, but somebody said there is a new TLE coming out in one or 2 months.
    To many servers cannot survive.
    I guess it's time to level up my lallafay on Final Fantasy.
    Breanna and Pixistik like this.
  20. Coldbreath New Member

So, I am wondering, will we be getting Expansions after Destiny of Velious, or will this new server be locked at lvl 90 and the first 7 Expansions. The info is not 100% clear. Are all 18 Expansions there and the mentor down is just for the first 7 Expansions?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.