Kael Drakkel: Lore and Legend Server Coming Soon

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Jan 20, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I would wait to see if this server will exist long enough for that to matter.
    I bet, just like on any TLE server that gets an expansion the first time, they only altered the zones to this point.
    Siren and Breanna like this.
  2. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

This counts as "something big"? I mean, you'd have to be very easily impressed.
  3. ratdeath New Member

I would like the server to be frozen in time with the 7th expansion (fitting expansion for that). Mostly because it will have less bloat in form of familiars, pets, mounts, mercenaries and ascension classes. Now they are not really a problem, activated and hidden but I want a more pure/simpler experience, before a lot of the new stuff got added. Very tempted to create a new Ratonga on this server either way :)

Can we haves more info, will trade cheese!
    rutro and Siren like this.
  4. Arazmus New Member

These are my thoughts exactly. The game was much simpler and more fun (IMO) with this set of xpacs and features. I'm looking forward to it.
    rutro and Siren like this.
  5. Siren Well-Known Member

Where did you hear they were working on something big?

Maybe the "something big" is actually Everquest 3. :cool:
    Abasinolanam, Jaden and Breanna like this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Siren the way devs that normaly interacted with us on the forum, had no time, or were not on at all for long time periods.
    Just call it a hunch.
    Everquest 3 was my first guess all this time, heck a new expansion, a new server, a new game, I feel sorry for them, I bet since covid hit and many of them work from home, there must have been some sleepless nights.
    Jaden, Siren and Breanna like this.
  7. Boldac Active Member

Well, if you look back to the producer's comment about competing with Pantheon, EQ3 would be the only way to do that. EQ1 and 2 don't have what it would take. Although, at this rate, it seems like the Pantheon team is its own greatest threat (maybe it launches before 2030?....maybe?).

Honestly, IF (and its a really big IF) there was an EQ3, I think turning the clock back to the early Combine, or even pre-Combine, Empire period would be fun. See some more of the history that shaped the world of Norrath.
    Twyla likes this.
  8. Boldac Active Member

Now, back on topic...

We're a little more than 2 weeks out....any new information beyond the original?
  9. Kotter Legendary Member

new information is that Kotter will be there!
  10. Spectre Active Member

Do we know if they are allowing all classes (BL & Channeler) and special races?
    Siren likes this.
  11. Arazmus New Member

They haven't said specifically to my knowledge, but since those classes came with later expacs, probably not. All races are typically available for TLE and special rule set servers, tho. We'll see.
  12. Ellah Active Member

Best news ever!
    Kotter likes this.
  13. Kenn Well-Known Member

Since we are max level and we auto mentor down. Does that mean we will not be able to solo heroics like we can when I chrono mentor?
  14. Malachy Well-Known Member

We have 2 weeks to plan and get friends to join this, an FAQ response would be appreciated.
    Siren, Boldac and Kotter like this.
  15. Boldac Active Member

I guess this is the part where I say..."Welcome Back!"
    Hartsmith, Jaden, Siren and 1 other person like this.
  16. Duopggod New Member

Will this server have content just from launch to Destiny of Velious expansion?
  17. Ryni Bard since 2004

Really hope they change having Mercenaries active on Kael, otherwise I will just wait for Varsoon. I was hoping for a server you could just jump in and do your favorite zones with a group of other nostalgia loving players. Mercs kills that and adding mercs was when the game started to be less fun for me thus my sticking to TLE's the last few years.
    Siren likes this.
  18. Ryni Bard since 2004

Yes on beta channeler and beastlord are there, as are mercs as of today.
    Hartsmith likes this.
  19. Abasinolanam Active Member

I'm literally here just lurking. Haven't played in years. But if they make Everquest 3 I'll be waiving my credit at them, yelling "take my money!" All the lessons learned from EQ1 and EQ2 with a modern engine... That would be worth paying for, even if it starts up imperfect.

On topic, the server sounds interesting. DoV was a fun expac. First time flying, first really sequential and easy to understand solo questline (which still had the quest helpers! I missed those later), raids that were super fun (except the turtle twins which could be ruined by a single person). Color me intrigued.
    Hartsmith and Siren like this.
  20. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

You are evil and I am old for getting that song stuck in my head.

Welcome back, your dreams were your ticket out
    Welcome back, to that same old place that you laughed about

Well the names have all changed since you hung around
    But those dreams have remained and they've turned around

Who'd have thought they'd lead ya
    (Who'd have thought they'd lead ya)
    Back here where we need ya
    (Back here where we need ya)

Yeah we tease him a lot 'cause we got him on the spot, welcome back
    Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back
    Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back

:p
    Siren, Schmetterling, Breanna and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.