It's PSS1 for us Euros then for EQNext - Nope!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Pipsissiwa, Aug 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rairine Member

Id be interested to see what PSS1 figures are like for the games they have so far, and how many Euro players stayed with SOE.

It would be highly amusing if it wasnt the fact that I am excited about EQ Next more than any other game recently.

I will not move my existing acct across to PSS1, however I will have to consider whether to drop SOE as well, as its clear that they really do not want my custom, which is a shame after nearly 13 years :(
  2. Wurm Well-Known Member

Exactly, and funny thing is... Smedley & Co. should have realized this from the beginning, it would have saved them a lot of paying customers and headaches.

But then again hes proven over and over and over again that he really doesn't have a clue on how to retain customer loyalty.

SWG proved that years ago.
  3. Wurm Well-Known Member

No thanks, we don't want it either.
    Levatino and flameweaver like this.
  4. beagley Well-Known Member

May I make a polite request to the moderators that this thread is lifted out of the relative backwater of "Off topic discussion" and appended to the thread in the main General Gameplay Discussion forum titled "EQ2/ProSiebenSat.1 Feedback Thread" and that that thread is then re-stickied as most (if not all) of the opinions expressed in this thread belong in the original thread started by Dexella months ago.

Many thanks
    Pipsissiwa likes this.
  5. Orba New Member

Personally I would prefer this wasn't dropped into another thread. The one you suggest is in EQ2 General Gameplay Discussion, this thread is an EQN discussion and doesn't have much to do with EQ2. As its an EQN discussion it best fits in Off Topic Discussion.

Here is is its own thread, a new thread clearly about EQN, there it would be easy for it to get lost in general PSS1 disussions.
  6. Rairine Member

The problem is that Off Topic is ignored by a lot of people. Ive looked at EQ Next, and I think I may be missing something, as it says there are 20 discussions, yet I can only see 5.

This issue needs higher prominence than an Off Topic thread, but in fairness, I have no idea where that could be.
    Pipsissiwa likes this.
  7. Orba New Member

I agree that it needs to have a higher profile, but I just felt that moving it into the other thread would lower its prominence as it would be being mixed it into a different discussion that has been going on for nearly a year. Better to keep this discussion as free from possible distractions as possible to avoid it getting derailed.
  8. beagley Well-Known Member

I can't fault your logic or your intentions Orba, but my feeling is that this isn't an EQN topic. It's about the way that we would get to EQN rather that the game itself. Most peoples issues at this point are still around PSS rather than EQN itself which is a relatively unknown commodity.

As such, I thought it belonged in a forum with a wider viewer profile than off topics - I mean you can see the tumbleweed blow past this forum regularly ;)
  9. Wurm Well-Known Member

This and the other threads WERE in general gaming... the mods moved them here to hide them.
  10. Orba New Member

That doesn't surprise me.

The big reason I would prefer to see as little room for derailment is that whenever there is a subject that Devs know won't be popular they can be good at answering every question in a thread but the one people want an answer to. Or they are good at misunderstanding what the issue people are having really is.
  11. Jeronas Member

I just don´t understand.

They promised us that we would be able to continue using our SOE accounts with existing and for future games! Just like how we are able to play EQ2, Vanguard, etc with our SOE accounts today. As they called off the migration a long time ago after the DCUniverse Online fiasco!

And now they AGAIN come back from it and force even existing SOE account users to use PSS1 with EQNext??!

I DO NOT want to PSS1 ever again! All the misery I went through with them with DCUniverse Online was already bad enough and forced me to stop playing DCUniverse Online! /facepalm
  12. Wurm Well-Known Member

Ummm no Smedley didn't say that... here is what he said in quotes below.

I already knew this was coming the first time I read that quote.
    Feldon likes this.
  13. Mysticalmaid Member

I saw some of the horror stories associated with the games that were moved over to ProSeiben Seven. I saw how their staff ignore players who were having serious issues and unable to play their game for months - while PSS1 was still taking money from them! I saw how immature their Staff were and the sort of responses they gave to paying customers. I saw that problems were not dealt with and customers were insulted, ignored or flamed.

If SOE thinks I'm walking into that fire, they can think again! I LOVE where EverQuest Next is going, but I won't be following if the only path open is the PSS1 path. I feel strongly that we will part company on that game at least.

Someone asked why we would care about credit card information on a free to play game, well EQ2 is also free to play, but I am a gold subscriber. I would imagine there will be financial transactions to be made in EQNext too. I've seen enough of PSS1 to know they are not the sort of company I would trust my personal details with, let alone my financial ones.

Frankly, the sooner SOE finds themselves a more respectable partner the better because PSS1 do nothing for their European image.
    Pipsissiwa likes this.
  14. Grumbledore New Member

As an American with odd work hours ( and therefore odd play hours) I have always enjoyed a global presence in MMOs. I would be saddened if there were few players from the EU in EQN because of some stupid regionalism deal struck by Sony beancounters. It's the f*kn internet, it shouldn't matter what particular patch of dirt you live on when you are online gameing.
    Xillean, Pipsissiwa and flameweaver like this.
  15. Thatdarncat Active Member

As Wurm points out, anyone who followed the twists and turns of the PSS1 saga closely knew this was coming. EQNext was always excluded from the concessions that concerted pressure eventually drew out of SOE.

Unlike other posters above I have applied for the European beta. I didn't use any of my half-dozen SOE accounts and I very definitely won't be doing that in the future either. I just made a brand-new account with PSS1.

I was surprised that no details whatsoever were required to do this, other than an email address. I would suggest that if anyone's not prepared to give PSS1 any personal details but still wants a chance at getting into beta they just make a new email address specifically for that purpose and apply. There doesn't appear to be much to lose at this stage although of course PSS1 may ask for further information when the beta actually arrives. If so we can decide then whether to continue.

Moreover, as far as I could tell the PSS1 beta application process won't let you use an existing SOE account even if you wanted to and perhaps more surprisingly neither will it let you use an existing Allaplaya account.
  16. Blaupunkt Active Member

Every time i consider re subbing to EQ2 they go and do something that makes me think why bother, when the PSS1 news first came out last year i had been re subbed for 2 months after a lengthy break due to work, i had brought all the xpacs to catch up and was coming towards the end of my 3rd month, safe to say i let my sub finish, i played a little F2P and kept an eye out on what was happening with PSS1, EQ2 and EQN.

I was looking forward to EQN and was so SO close to re subbing until it came out and then getting an all station pass so i could continue to to play EQ2 and EQN, then i read smeds tweet the other day, now i am back to why bother, they obviously do not want my money and i am sure as hell not going to give it to PSS1, EVER!, and seeing as i now have no trust in anyone as SOE to someday make me sign my 8+ year old account over to them at some point i cannot risk re subbing to EQ2.

Its been fun over the years but now i really do think its time to say good bye to EverQuest, in all of its forums once and for all.
  17. Kazarr New Member

What about region-locked forums though? The community shouldn't be split the way it has been in other titles where ProSieben is involved. And there is absolutely no way I would trust that company with my personal details, never mind my financial details.

Edit: not to mention the fact I have station cash from your other titles that I will be unable to use with EQ Next. And where is my incentive to use an all access station pass when it's only valid for certain games?
  18. Seffrid Active Member

Just adding my name to the long list of those who won't go near EQN unless it's through SOE.

My reasons have already been well covered here. I will not under any circumstances open an account with ProSieben.
    Pipsissiwa and Feldon like this.
  19. Grumbledore New Member

Feldon likes this.
  20. theriatis Active Member

Hi Piestro,
    how about:

"Hello EQ2 Players,
    if you have an SOE Account you DO NOT NEED to sign up with P7S1 in order to Play EQNext;
    you can sign up with your SOE Account".

That would really help and end all confusion.
    Regards, theriatis.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.