It's PSS1 for us Euros then for EQNext - Nope!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Pipsissiwa, Aug 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beagley Well-Known Member

No he isn't - what Smed said on twitter was

They only committed to let you play current games on your SOE account, not future ones.
  2. Jeronas Member

And so it makes it right to force PSS1 through Our throats? While we already have SOE accounts and perfectly happy With it?
    When we have been protesting against PSS1 ever since the first announcement!

PSS1 is crap! They should NOT be in this business!
    Alaplaya was a horrible hosting Company, With a terrible reputation!
    Being bought up by PSS1 and changing name, doesn't suddenly change that. They are still the exact same horrible Company they were before! NOTHING has changed!

SOE must really really hate us European players, to continue piss on us and treat us like this. To hand us over to a Company like this!
    PSS1 (Alaplaya) makes other hosting Companies like Frogster look good. Which is another one With a terrible reputation.
    The only decent game hosting Company in Europe is Codemasters, but I don't think they do MMO's anymore since the contract for LOTRO and DDO ended With Turbine years ago, when those games went F2P.
  3. Kalderon Well-Known Member

I doubt it is hate, so, it did help to get at least a bit of markting for eq2. Thats on the positve site of the coin.
    Na, i dont like to be forced to, to play eqnext on pss1..... hope there is a way around, cause it makes no sence, playing soe games and have to use 2 seperate billingsystems for....3-4-5 accounts ^^
    Pipsissiwa and Tariya like this.
  4. beagley Well-Known Member

Don't disagree with anything you've said, I'm in violent agreement and have said elsewhere in these forums that if I cannot play EQNext using my SOE account I won't be playing it at all. I refuse to deal with PSS1 or have an account with them.

My posting was simply to give you smeds actual commitment as with the passage of time, people start to mis-remember what was originally agreed. Playing future games on existing SOE accounts wasn't part of it.

I don't agree with it either but that will be SOE's stance unless EQN subscriber numbers are awful leading to a "recalibration".
    Pariel likes this.
  5. Jeronas Member

?? What kind of marketing? I haven't seen anything. Just the usual SOE marketing on US MMO sites (and Google adds) now and then.
    Seriously, there has been ZERO benifit With PSS1! Just misery! Utter misery!
    I really liked playing DCUO and couldn't let go last year, so forced myself to migrate to PSS1 and created an account there,
    The year that followed was nothing but utter misery!
    More than a year later (spring this year) their login servers and game launcher was still utter crap! Half the time I could not login during primetime, because of authentication failures With the login server!
    People have posted on and off on their support forums, where no employee is ever looking! No one! It's like you talking into an empty void!
    There were even times when we couldn't log into the game for days on a row and we had to create topics here on the SOE forums and complain, to initiate action towards PSS1 to get their crap sorted!
    After more than a year going through this misery With PSS1, I got fed up, threw the towel in the ring and decided to cancel my account!
    NOT POSSIBLE! I could NOT cancel my account, because their horrible account page was constantly throwing errors! Which was appearently not a new problem either! I tried to cancel for weeks. Created several support tickets, posted on their support forums! All futile and unanswered!

At least I was smart enough to use PayPall as payment option, as they kept charging Subscription fee, so I had to file a dispute to PayPal to get my Money back from the last charge and Block PSS1 on my PayPal account, to stop them charging me!

That is PSS1 in a nutshell.
    Pipsissiwa likes this.
  6. Jeronas Member

PS. And let's not even forget about all the poor folks that lost all their characters during the migration last year!
    Which has never been fixed nor have those folks been compensated in any way.
    PSS1 just flat out said! "Sorry! Nothing we can do to fix it! Just create a New char and start over!"

Mr. Smed has been saying for how long now? that PSS1 would better themselves and improve their support? Give us a break! One and half year later! Nothing has changed!
    During their years as Alaplaya they didn't give a crap! And now during their years as PSS1 they still don't give a crap! It's just the same old, same old! They will never change!

SOE really needs to cut all ties With this farce of a Company and bring the EU People back and stop this bullsh!t ! /shrug

My tollerance With SOE is running towards it's end! No matter how much I love their games.
    There comes a time, when enough is enough and I just have to say to myself to give up and move on! Not Worth getting overstressed about it, or even worse a heart attack.
    There are many other games out there, like FFXIV:ARR that is coming along nicely. So I might reactivate that account and stick to that for a while. (deep Down still hoping that SOE comes to their senses in time /sigh )
    Pipsissiwa and Kalderon like this.
  7. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Well, i did not say, a big marketing campaing oO but there are adds on the tv network from pss1 group. Which is litterly 100% more then SoE had made spots before, for german customers. Just my point of view, I will think about it, when next hit the road, if i´m willing to setup 2 seperate accounts for 2 games from 1 companie.... dont need to hassel when i can make it like 1 account and all games from 1 companie, which i did enjoy... forcing people is no way of doing buissness anyways, that i have to agree with you!
  8. Buggabug Active Member

So here we sit on Nov 1 still no pre-order available and they are still selling CoE at FULL price. Maybe somebody from SOE should light a fire under ... well you get the picture. ;)
  9. R.J. MacReady Active Member

Sony Corporation just lost 2 billion in market cap. Things just might get worse before they get better.

Don't think for a second that a profitable division can't be greatly affected by the woes of the parent company.
  10. Wurm Well-Known Member

Other than running the servers I don't think SOE has any say in what Pro7 does.
  11. Pariel Active Member

I've been discussing his with a friend today, he's mega excited about EQN and just asked if I'll be playing to which I replied no, due to the whole PSS thing.

Then I wander over to the EQN website and looked at the FAQs again and he believed you could play with your SOE account. It got me thinking about this particular FAQ:

I am a European customer. How can I play EverQuest Next or EverQuest Next Landmark?
    European players will play Landmark through SOE directly. For EverQuest Next Europeans will play with our partner, ProSiebenSat.1 Games. You can find out more on PSG's website and sign up for the EU beta.

So - here are my questions.

1. Are there going to TWO versions of Everquest Next? One called Everquest Next Landmark and one simply called Everquest Next. The FAQ indicates that there are two games, once where we can use our SOE account and one where we can't
    2. Is EQNL simply a big "Minecraft" or can I just play that alone and still do quests, "level" up (so to speak now there are no levels)?
    3. Is EQNL just for building and those buildings transfer to EQN?
    4. When will someone actually 100% confirm whether we can or can't use existing SOE accounts for all EQN related titles?
    Just to reiterate since the SOE company "tow the line" comment seems to believe that we're concerned with which server we can play on, it is NOTHING to do with server. It is who I choose to give my personal details to, who I choose to patch the game with and who I choose to micro-market with. I personally would rather retain my existing SOE account with my 10+ years of activity and use Station Cash to buy off the market place in EQN.
  12. beagley Well-Known Member

My understanding is Point 1 is stated correctly, Landmark is a game based on the same building tools as they will use to develop EQN, but it is an entirely separate game.
    Point 2 - details are sketchy and the initial release does appear to be a minecraft type game. The videos released allude to additional gameplay features released later but not what they are.
    Point 3 - EQNL just for building. Similar to Player studio, if you are a US based player anything you build can be sold as a template, or anything that uses your template as part of a wider design which is then resold would also accrue you royalty payments. If you're a EU player, apparently this may not apply for the same reason EU players are locked out of Player Studio. They've stated that things built in EQNL "could" be transferred into EQN but no guarantees and probably subject to a quality review within SOE.
    Point 4 - Who knows? A question that has been studiously ignored everytime it has been asked.

I agree wholeheartedly with your point on the servers. That was part of the problem that they thankfully fixed. However SOE either don't understand (or choose to ignore) the concerns that EU players have giving personal details to a company with a lousy security and customer service reputation. You would have thought after the Anonymous hack they'd be a bit more sensitive as to why this is important to people but, if they do, there appears to be no appetite shown to address the issue other than the usual platitudes that "they are aware and are working on it".
    Pariel likes this.
  13. Pariel Active Member

Perhaps with today's news.. there is hope? Or am I reading too much into it?
  14. beagley Well-Known Member

I think you're reading too much into it. It was a generic e-mail. There was nothing specific about "and for our European players we are going too...." which they said they would have to announced separately once they'de worked out the details with their partners.

Still waiting for the European players announvcement but the fact they were going to discuss it with PSS1 doesn't fill me with hope, it fills me with dread. The only conversation I would like to occcur between SOE and PSS1 would go along the lines of "we are ripping the deal up and taking the playerbase back" but that is never going to happen in a zillion years.
  15. beagley Well-Known Member

I take it back with pleasure! From the FAQ site off a link in the new feedback thread

Note to self - read everything first before responding:p
    Trevynoae and Pipsissiwa like this.
  16. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

So this seems to mean we can play everything, including EQN, on our grandfathered accounts. Can it be true? Are SOE actually paying attention at last? I finally feel that maybe they value me as a paying customer, regardless where in the world I am sat right now. It's an odd, but not unpleasant feeling.... I sincerely hope those non-grandfathered Euros get a great equivalent deal from PSS1 - heaven knows they deserve it, poor things.

SOE do have a away of twisting things but the wording seems to be unambiguous this time.....
    Trevynoae likes this.
  17. beagley Well-Known Member

It seemed so to me but go check the new feedback thread on all access in the news and announcement forum and the ambiguity seems to have crept right back in. :mad:
  18. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

Yeah. Good ole SOE. /sigh
    beagley likes this.
  19. Pariel Active Member

I have hope!

All I (we!) want is complete and utter transparency here. The FAQ states my grandfather account will "remain with us (SOE)"

The announcement states "All accounts will move to all access".. I consider myself all.

Fingers crossed. I'll be over the moon if this is finally the answer we've all been waiting for!
    Pipsissiwa likes this.
  20. Pariel Active Member

/taps on window

Hello? Has the EU been forgotten... again? We're waiting for a response on this very important matter - surely it doesn't take this long to say Yes?

Just in case its unclear, we're waiting for clarification on the following:
    That statement indicates that I, an EU player with a grandfathered SOE account can use said to play all games covered by the SOE All Access members new program. The new program specifically says that Everquest Next is included - therefore by your statement I can play Everquest Next with my grandfathered SOE account.

Please clarify - it has been weeks, nearly a month already.

Thank you
    Pipsissiwa likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.