It's PSS1 for us Euros then for EQNext - Nope!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Pipsissiwa, Aug 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

After all the research we did when SOE planned to force we European players to PSS1 whether we liked it or not, there is no way I am going to create a PSS1 account for EQNext when I have a perfectly good 11+ year old SOE account through which I play EQ and EQ2. We were also told that we would be able to stay with SOE for EQ2 (so far honoured) and future games (which from the EQNext FAQ is NOT being honoured - no real surprise, just disappointment). Plus the game is going to be free-to-play, so money need not be involved (except they want me to spend anyway).

Can't even sign up to the beta without making a PSS1 account, despite my SOE account being emailed about it.

Yes, SOE will have the servers, data etc. But the game account will be with PSS1. Its not about CC security (PSS1 are using Paypal for that, who are their own discussion beyond the scope of this thread). It's about game account security (PSS1 have a particularly poor history of hacked accounts, and of not caring), dreadful CS, email spamming and personal detail/email selling. Maybe they can improve, but some VERY strong evidence is going to need to be presented, given the mess they have made so far, esp with DCUO. Plus personally I'm on the UK, I don't need regionalisation either - I speak actual English. With a 'u' in armour and everything, yet I seem to be able to understand Americans just fine.

I am suddenly way more interested and anticipatory about the EQ2 changes and expansion plans than EQNext.

I'm sure plenty of people won't get why this matters, and it is a shame that the forums have been effectively wiped so our thousands strong threads about PSS1 are gone (although I believe Feldon at EQ2Wire has archives for those interested).

Disappointed that SOE have gone back on their word. Certainly not surprised though - par for the course it seems.
    Rynda and Plinc like this.
  2. Liandra New Member

I'm in the same boat, pip. I got the email about beta but when I try to sign up it just tries to point me towards the p1ss site.

There is no way I would ever sign up with them. It is a pity. I just watched the debut videos on YouTube and EQN does look amazing. PSS1 is a deal breaker though.
    Rynda, Seffrid, Paleion and 1 other person like this.
  3. Twyxx Well-Known Member

Explain this to me. Why, in a free to play game, would you care so much which company your account is through? I know when they announced it for EQ2 initially it was largely because it was forcing people who had been playing together for a long time to be split up. Those concerns shouldn't apply to this new game though?
  4. Liandra New Member

PSS1 don't have the best of reputations where it comes to account security and customer support. Also they are a German company and their grasp of the English language seems spotty at best.

You could look at the EU DCOU forums if you want to see how "well" they handled that game.

There is another thread talking about the beta signups and someone who signed up got a German confirmation mail. Not the sort of thing that inspires confidence.

Besides just because they say it is free to play doesn't mean it will actually be free to play. EQ2 is supposedly F2P but if you have high level toons you are basically forced to either have a gold sub or spend a bunch of SC to unlock things. I assume it will be the same for EQN.
    Moonpanther, Rynda and Pipsissiwa like this.
  5. Belissa Active Member

I just signed up and got an English confirmation mail. *shrug*
    Nevertheless, I will never ever give PSS1 any of my account data or credit card info. I'm German and I don't thrust them 1 inch.
    So for me it also means that I am not going to play it. Actually looking at the video, I'm not even too disappointed that I can't try it out (or let's say, I won't, since technically I am able to do so)
  6. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

Aye,it won't be fully F2P - there will be plenty to spend real money on.

That said, my primary concern, apart from the moral side of not wanting to deal with a company as poorly thought of and with as dodgy business practices etc as PSS1 (I think I'd actually rather deal with News International), is account security. Not money-wise, CC's (at least here) are easy to stop/dispute payment. I mean my game account. PSS1 have a terrible history of not caring about hacked accounts, and insane numbers of accounts they hold for other games get hacked. I don't want to lose my plats/toons/gear that I have worked to get. Yes, SOE accounts get hacked (mine did and SOE were prompt and brilliant about dealing with it), but on the whole they seem to care about preventing it. PSS1 have a long history of 'meh' when it comes to that.

Customer service is also a huge issue. A look at the DCUO boards and the boards for many other games they run show little regard for answering tickets in a timely manner, let alone politely. Or even answering them at all - just closing them even though a player still can't log in or whatever. PSS1 also seem to employ CS people who have English as a second (if you are lucky) language. Obviously I am speaking as a Brit (with English as a first and a smattering of French as a second language), for other Euro countries with German/French or whatever as a first language this may be less of an issue. As a Brit, I am personally happy speaking to an American - they are (generally ;) ) speaking the same language. Someone who has German as a first language with a smattering of English is not very helpful when trying to explain a technical problem. They also operate volunteers as CS - not sure I'm happy about a volunteer having access to my account.

Not to mention that if money does get involved, PSS1 subs are not very exchange-rate friendly - for EQ2 I would be paying almost 50% more a month if I was doing it via PSS1, and that includes SC (which you can also only buy in weird amounts to make the Euro/GBP cost a nice round 9.99 or whatever. This means you get amounts of SC you could never spend all of without buying more, like 23SC - nothing costs 3SC normally).

And if you think the year+ long fight was just because of making people move servers, you missed 99% of the issues. The server locking got sorted quite quickly.

Of course, all this could be totally different for EQNext - maybe PSS1 will actually do things properly. The trouble is, past games and the SOE games already run by them do not inspire any hope.
    Seffrid likes this.
  7. Belissa Active Member

Pipsissiwa likes this.
  8. Orba New Member

9. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

Yeah, I used that link via a lovely person over at EQNWire. Jury's out over whether anyone who signs up that way actually gets onto the beta tho. /crosses fingers
  10. Orba New Member

Yeah, not too positive about it either but since I won't be creating a Pro7 account its as much a I can do atm.

Hopefully next week once SOE Live is over and things have quieted down a bit we will have a chance to get some answers.
    Pipsissiwa likes this.
  11. Laxie New Member

I was so sad when I realised what situation we all are in.

Me and my sister have been enjoying EQ2 for many years now on an American server, with SOE. No matter which online game we play (even non-SOE), we always chose an US server over an EU one, because we end up liking the community much more.

I understand for many people it is about Pro7 - which in the end would affect me too. But for me it is about the fundamental idea of restricting people from playing with each other. Why should I be forced to play with a certain part of the population I don't want to play with and restricted from playing with my friends from the States?

I thought SOE promised us we would be able to stay with our friends, but now they are doing the one thing they promised they would never do - separating us from the people we want to play with.

I am disappointed and sad. I was really looking forward to the game and now I am afraid I won't even be able to play it with my friends. What a way to ruin a promising product.

EQ Next claims to be a social game full of choice, yet it is the one game on the market that separates people and prevents any choice what so ever.
    Rynda likes this.
  12. Orba New Member

One useful thing in this situation is EQN Landmark, with it coming out this year it should mean that we can get an answer from them one way or another, rather than being stuck in limbo until Everquest Next eventually comes out.
    Feldon likes this.
  13. Wurm Well-Known Member

As long as they keep adding content for EQ2 I gives a Ratonga's hiney about EQ2Next.
    Pipsissiwa likes this.
  14. Orba New Member

Hmm it seems that they have now moved the US/EU redirect, instead of happening after you try to use the Beta application it happens before.
  15. Hexalobular Well-Known Member

But they still haven't bothered to put in a note saying that we HAVE to go via P7S1 or even that the European site isn't part of SOE, just "the European site is OPTIMIZED for European users" and "we RECOMMEND you go there" and loop you back.
  16. Kinya Active Member

Unfortunately in response to my question about SOE beta for SOE European players, Omeed Dariani, brand EQNext manager, confirmed via Reddit that:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/EQNext/comments/1jrgv6/a_quick_note_to_reqnext/cbib87e?context=3

So sign this petition guys and send also questions to @DaveGeorgeson and @j_smedley via Twitter and other social media

http://www.change.org/petitions/sony-online-entertainment-manage-their-own-games-and-customers-in-eu
  17. Piestro Member

SOE and ProSieben players will all play on the same servers. There will not be region locked servers for these customers.
  18. Estred Well-Known Member

So it's only a difference in billing/signup? I am a US player but I do feel for the EU crowd when it comes to this sort of thing. At the very least the website could be more direct in saying that "You must register for a ProSieben account before continuing" or something along those lines. From what I read, it seems most of the hurt is more at the fact that the site seemed to "hint" at using ProSieben rather than requiring it.
  19. Piestro Member

If you have any suggestions for specific wording or a place to call it out I'll most certainly pass it on. :)
  20. Morg Well-Known Member

It will be separating us, as most euro's I know REFUSE to sign up with pss1 at all. So in that regards - yes it is segregating your customer base.

Besides that, they were promised that they could use their SOE accounts on current AND ALL FUTURE SOE GAMES.
    Moonpanther and Rynda like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.