It's PSS1 for us Euros then for EQNext - Nope!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Pipsissiwa, Aug 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Better choice would be:
    "Dear veteran EQ2 Player,
    as loyal customer to SoE, your account got promoted to join the Betaprogram for EQ Next.
    Here is the link to download the client: $$!"§$!"
    You can use you´re normal login to take part of the testing.
    "
    That is some email i want to recieve ^^ even as far away and forgoten european player, with a long history to SoE ^^
    flameweaver likes this.
  2. Loghain New Member

I am also of the same opinion as OP. I will never make PSS1 account, even if that means I will skip playing EQN.

Having 10 years account with a company and paying for subs and expansions should be valued very very high for any company imho. And there are many people that are with SOE for even more than 10 years!

If company cannot or don't want to acknowledge that I don't want to have any connection with it even if that means moving out from the game I love. Someone maybe cannot understand it, but this is my position on this matter and being 40 I think I have enough life experience to be entitled to my opinion.

SOE obviously for some reason wants to alienate its most devoted players out. I think they lost 50% of their player base when they tried to enforce PSS1 deal the first time. I know I didn’t subscribe for more than 6 months and I didn’t play the game also. Maybe they think that have to do that to be able to grow further on basis of the new player base which is much younger and easier to satisfy... who knows. time will tell.

I will continue to play EQ2 till I get finally bored or SOE chooses to close my account.

I wish everyone the best,

Aarionn
  3. Caethre Active Member

((
    If SOE did that it would mean they were actually listening to us...

However, I am not confident this is the case. This issue has been here for over a year now, and the main issue (Europeans being forced to deal with PSS1 in at least some regards) remains.

SOE Corporate have simply just "sold" their European players to a company that many of us do not want to deal with, and the fact that this is totally unreasonable (in that it means, for example, that we are prevented from using the SOE All-Access pass like the rest of the world can) is something they appear just do not care about.

However, the situation remains: regardless of the consequences, it seems that for many of us:

WE DO NOT WANT TO DEAL WITH PSS1.

The only question I suppose, is which part of the world will be dumped on next...
    ))
  4. Buggabug Active Member

There will be no EQNext in our household either if it has to be done through Prosieben. So that's 3 EU accounts lost for EQNext no matter how good it may be due to the appalling customer service record and serious security concerns with this company. Don't count on money from the other 4 accounts in the US either as family members won't be joining without me. :p
  5. Rairine Member

I have wondered if EQ Next is included in the All Access sub, then its possible that Euro players may well still have the opportunity to play via their SOE acct (hopefully)

The only time a SOE sub wouldnt be good enough is if its purely to sub for EQ Next - I would settle for that (from a purely selfish point of view), but I guess thats still highly unlikely.
  6. Katz Well-Known Member

This also affects others who primarily played with friends from EU. My gaming buddy from EU won't use P7. Therefore he won't be playing EQN. That discourages me from wanting it also even though I'm not in P7 areas.
  7. Seffrid Active Member

That's a good point Katz, and I'm sure others will be similarly affected.

Also, the nature of the beast that is Everquest is such that many EQ and EQ2 guilds will want to try EQN together, but most guilds these days are filled with an assortment of players from all over the world, irrespective of server, and if half the guild can't play EQN because they're not allowed to remain with SOE then the other half may decline to move across as well.
    Wurm and Mermut like this.
  8. Wurm Well-Known Member

Exactly that.

Our guild has members from Germany, UK, Canada and the US. We play on a US server and we have moved from one SOE game to another over the years.

The German and UK members refuse to go to Pro7.
  9. Spiritunicorn New Member

It's all rather sad. EQNext looks amazing but there is no way that I will ever sign up with PSS1 to play this or any other game.

I'm quite happy with my decade old SOE account, why not let me use that?

Maybe reward our customer loyalty? Or is that an outdated concept?

Meanwhile I see the petition is over the 600 signatories mark, wonder how much lost money 600 people walking away from the game would amount to?
    Pipsissiwa likes this.
  10. Sotiak New Member

Just adding my name to this for what it's worth .. a few good friends I've made over nearly 7 years here won't see me in EQN.

Let us loyal players that have stuck with you over the years stay with you to play, or as above see loyal players refuse to play, myself included due to PSS1.

It's really that simple.
  11. Orba New Member

It would be nice to think that while the Devs are over in Germany for Gamescon they took some time to discuss this situation with PSS1, but somehow I doubt they will :(
  12. Wurm Well-Known Member

Too busy drinking beer probably.
  13. Spiritunicorn New Member

Maybe the developers could get the Germans really drunk in a traditional Dwarven drinking contest, then steal their copy of the contract and pretend the whole PSS1 European thing was a drunken bad dream. Then we can party! Yay!

*daydreams*
  14. Pariel Active Member

Bringing this back as it still hasn't been answered correctly. I would just like a red-name to state, with absolute certainty what the policy will be on SOE account holders based in the EU who want to play EQN using their existing, probably well loved, most likely long term SOE accounts.

So random red-name - can we get clarity please?
  15. Jeronas Member

Me too!

I was forced to use PSS1 for DCUO and my experience With them has been nothing but absolute misery! And I am not the only one!
    I will never ever create another account with them! After having gone through stuff like a applying for a forced chargeback via PayPal, because I was unable to cancel my Subscription due to website errors they can't fix and their customer support being non-existent (as one of many examples and issues), I am absolutely done With PSS1!

If me and my gf will not be able to play EQNext With Our existing SOE accounts, which we have been using for EQ2 since it's launch! Then we will skip EQNext altogether and move on.
    Pipsissiwa likes this.
  16. Wurm Well-Known Member

Nope. Smed said CURRENT games and nothing at all about FUTURE games.
  17. Jeronas Member

Nope! You are wrong!

After the trouble and major issues With PSS1 during the DCUO migration and the outcry that followed, as People lost characters during the migration, that up to this day is still not fixed by PSS1!
    SOE came around and said that "existing" European Players With SOE accounts would be able to continue playing their existing and future games With their SOE accounts.
    However! All "New" European players will not be able to create an SOE account anymore and must use PSS1!

And now suddenly this has all changed and everyone in Europe is forced to use PSS1 for EQNext! And that's what pisses us off!
    With all the misery I went through With PSS1 regarding DCUO, PSS1 can go die in a fire! I will NEVER ever have anything to do With them anymore!

So we either will be able to use our SOE accounts for EQNext or otherwise we move on elsewhere and SOE and we (me + gf) will part ways when EQNext launches.
  18. Wurm Well-Known Member

I am one of those customers who got punted off to PSS1.

And I know for a fact he said current games. If you chose to read into that all future games I'm sorry.
  19. R.J. MacReady Active Member

This is SOE's first major MMO release in 9 years. And this time around they have a very fine line to walk by launching a game that has MT's from the start. They won't have the base of veteran sub players that skew the numbers on the success of the MT model.

All this said: This launch is HUGE for them. If you are not happy, this is the best time in 10 years for you to vote with your feet.

Stick together, Stick to your guns ....after 6 months of poor numbers, SOE will then listen to you.
  20. Jeronas Member

We want to join EQNext when it launches. On our SOE accounts!

Not wait 6 months till the game is half dead due to this PSS1 stupidity and SOE begging us EU players to come back on Our SOE accounts.

Sorry ain't gonna happen. We either will be playing at launch or move on and say farewell to SOE.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.