It looks like Isle of Refuge is Returning (THANKS DEVS)!

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Siren, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Jaden Well-Known Member

---------------------
    **It would be such a very, very cool way to get started with these new servers...I know its crazy but what if???!! *Crosses fingers and toes for funsies on the Isle on our new servers!
    Kelvani and Siren like this.
  2. Siren Well-Known Member

No one "peeked." Poor Strings, who has only been playing since last December, landed somewhere she didn't understand and then came on the forums with screenshots, going,

"Huh? Where the heck am I?"

Then of course all the vets had a good laugh. It's all good though. Do you stop loving your baby if you find out if the fetus is a boy or girl in the ultrasound? :p Of course not! It just makes you even more excited (and properly prepared) for the birth.

No, it will just be even more exciting than ever come tomorrow. We can skip DLW and FFS and go straight to Antonica and CL after IoR.
    Jaden and Kelvani like this.
  3. Kelvani Well-Known Member

A large part of me is hoping this is real. That Isle of Refuge is making a comeback. Yet, the more cynical part says don't get your hopes up only to have them dashed to the ground tomorrow during live launch! One way or the other.. its going to be fun to have that new server smell, the return to low level content and the walk down memory lane.

I plan to do every quest, every collection.. stop and smell every rose.. and harvest it if I can =p I will take the long road to 50.. because I don't want to rush. I will decorate with ELM.. and be dern proud of the results! I will horde clothes.. and try to make a pretty outfit! OOOH FUN TIMES ARE AHEAD! Lets get this train rolling out of the station!

/bounces in her chair with excitement asking if its time YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. s5oslo New Member

I have a slim hope that the suburbs are coming back as well, but I guess that wont happen :(
    I had countless hours in Williw Wood craffting, and running around to the other suburbs to buy ink and paper from other players.

I actually always crafted in the suburbs before i quit some years ago. (2011 or so)
  5. Dixa Active Member

I read that entire thread and as far as I can gather it was a bug that nobody else was able to reproduce, then gninja went on about patches. nostalgia gets everyone at some point.

it would be a pleasant surprise if it is added as an "option" tomorrow, but I don't want to be forced into it. just as many want dlw/frost fang as want this joint.
  6. Siren Well-Known Member

Don't worry: Even if you spawn in IoR, there's a bell at the docks right near where you spawn in. It's "in front" of where Strings' character is facing in the screenshot (just out of range of the screenshot). Besides that, everything goes grey at 10, so even die-hard IoR lovers will be forced to move on, whether they like it or not, to DLW/FFS or CL/Ant so they can hit level 20.
  7. GBlack Active Member

I'd like to share your enthusiasm but I guess I'll wait for the launch before celebrating. If it is not true - too much frustration is inc =)
  8. Siren Well-Known Member

If it wasn't true, Gninja had six pages of thread space he could have used to smack down theories, edit out posts, and bring everyone back from dreamland in. Instead, all he did was repeatedly post silly things trying to distract everyone in a playful manner.

And hey, he's not the only red-name that's been perusing the forums as of late. Nobody else came in and did anything either. All that happened was that Patches the Kitty made an unscheduled public appearance. :p

Even Holly Windstalker's Twitter did not flat-out deny the existence of the Isle of Refuge resurrection. All she commented about it when asked was that Gninja would not have said on the forums that the IoR was there, which he didn't state in exact words. And it's a forum, so you can't hear it when he speaks anyway!

Haha, gotcha.

See you in the Isle...in a while, crocodile!
    Jaden and GBlack like this.
  9. BulletCatcher66 Active Member

The isle of refuge is lame. I played at launch. No one wanted to stay on newbie isle for longer than they had too. For all those people whining about it, and if the devs actually spent time and resources on it, I would like to give you a nice sarcastic slow clap. In classic... no one wants to stay at newb isle for longer than they need to. I wish the devs would have invested this time into other aspects of the TLP. hope this doesn't delay launch either.
  10. Siren Well-Known Member

Bwahaha!

There's a bell. So leave instead. Ha! Dodged another bullet. ;) (And what launch of any EQ2 server has ever gone perfectly? C'mon now.)

Warning! Warning! Isle of Refuge Fever has set in!
    Faragel, GBlack and BulletCatcher66 like this.
  11. Charlice Well-Known Member

EXCITED!!!!! :D
    HaphazardAllure and Siren like this.
  12. Jaden Well-Known Member

---------------
    No one wants to stay on newbie isle for any longer than they had too<<<<TO>>>>>****except those who are playing the game for a fresh server start to enjoy what we know and the bits we missed, i-o-w's: to enjoy the journey with friends and new acquaintances!****

Zoomers gonna zoom...its okay BulletCatcher66, I'll be happy to collect your share of the shinies while I catch some Norrathian sun and josh around with other players in the newbie sandbox for a little while. Kudo's to the devs if we get it!! Hugs even if we don't cause we are there babyyyyyyyyyyyy...NEW TLE ... woo hooooo!!!!!!!! Just a few hours...

Gah, I changed from the Beta server yesterday and brought up U.S. English ... went to Updated File List and this morning its muttering something about asset preloading...

Well...we do still have 7 hours and 20 minutes til official launch so plenty of time for it to complete.

**But I want to sneak in three minutes early so I can see the annoyance of my friend who will for the rest of the life of the server remind me that I got in early and THATS why I have: moar harvests, higher crafted armor, more explore, more better yummy cooked food, and level up always three bubbles ahead of when he does ...*giggles!:pKKK**Thats the extent of my zooming playstyle!
    HaphazardAllure and Siren like this.
  13. Feldon Well-Known Member

Nothing against Strings. And heck, I have nothing against anyone who is flexing their curiosity. Was just an amusing anecdote towards the negative Nancies.
  14. Rhvaurek Member

Just remember, In EVERY mmo there's 2 types of players, Those who love a piece of content and those who don't.
    Siren likes this.
  15. Mondego Active Member

They probably have been toying with the notion at least to bring it back in, maybe they went as far as doing a little testing here and there, who knows?

But if it was actually coming back, they would've just come out and said so. It makes absolutely no sense for them to be all vague and mysterious about it. This is just more of the same that they've been doing, not really commenting on it, and people seeing what they want to see.

EDIT: BUT I hope I'm really wrong about that and the IoR is back in. Maybe that's why creating a new level 1 char is disabled..hmmmm.
  16. Syneofeternity Member

It would be hilarious if it wasn't back in, just saying. I'm rooting for it back in but the amount of flames on the board if it didn't make an appearance would be hilarious to read.
    GBlack likes this.
  17. Iadien Active Member

It would be hilarious. There are many signs that point to yes, but we need that confirmation.
  18. Drew575 Active Member

I bet its not going back in on the pvp server
  19. Siren Well-Known Member

Strings got in there with a L75 on Antonia Bayle, lol.

If even live servers (potentially a lot of free/silver players) are getting IoR, we are too.
  20. Siren Well-Known Member

Hey Mondego, be careful not to trip over all the developers charging into this thread and pressing the big ol' NO button on us, eh? :p

Bwahaha!