It looks like Isle of Refuge is Returning (THANKS DEVS)!

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Siren, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Fetish Well-Known Member

I'm thinking that Gninja just /troll'd everyone over a bug. However...it would be an amazing thing...and one more reason that I am happy that the current team got out from whatever shadow was keeping them from supporting the players.
  2. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Jeez Siren, you're either going so pumped, or so disappointed when get on to the TLE Server. I hope it's the former, but if not you have my sympathies :rolleyes:
  3. Drew575 Active Member

wasn't on beta...i highly doubt it will be in live for the simple fact that it isnt tested...we'll see though I could be wrong but it doesn't make sense to add it if dlw/new halas are start areas.
  4. Mondego Active Member

I'm just trying not to mess up all their wet dreams about the Frost Fang Sea experience since they're all still asleep.
  5. Iadien Active Member

I don't know Gninja, at all. But, if you read his comments in the Outpost thread, he seems to be making sarcastic comments throughout. I didn't think he was being sarcastic until one of his replies to me that said, "That video looks pretty old... Did you just recently upload it from VHS?" After that, it was clear that he was joking. Earlier in that thread he wrote, "Looked again and looks like Zitherstrings is in Antonica now... You guys are so silly." Meaning, he either moved the character himself or someone else did. Gninja then replied to someone trying to replicate the bug and said, "The requires timelocked server is from pet spells and certain buffs that characters are using it will be fixed tomorrow. Nice try though". I'm sure several of us tried to replicate what Strings did, and received the message that stated needing to be on a time-locked server.
  6. Foretold Well-Known Member

The whole thing felt like a giant troll... I mean Gninja was on AB at the time, he could have ported the toon there just to cause a ruckus before the big event.

But, as I said on the original thread, it gave me hope. And if it happens, that would be awesome. If it doesn't happen, I'll move on and still play my heart out on the new server...
    HaphazardAllure and GBlack like this.
  7. Siren Well-Known Member

If Gninja was on AB, it was probably because he saw Strings' thread and screenshots in General first, and then scurried onto AB to move her toon back to Antonica (which he basically said he did on the forums).

Obviously we're no worse off either way, and we'll all still be playing. However, I find it hard to believe that any dev would intentionally port someone to IoR as a troll, not when the forums have been on fire over the lack of IoR for the TLs since they were announced. Moreover, the person who ported there was Strings, is a new player who had no idea what Outpost of the Overlord even was. Also, she said her guildy went to Isle of Refuge right after her, using the same steps she took and the same bell she used. You can see the guild chat in her screenshots, lol.

Nah, it's not a troll. Devs are usually quite quick to put out huge forum fires; somebody would have done it by now, especially with the huge kerfuffle that has erupted over IoR these past few weeks. Just imagine the launch day excitement once word gets out though, if we all get ported into IoR today. Even more people will come back than are already here.
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  8. Wulfhammer Active Member

It would be nice if its in but I don't mind too much either way.... Hell its 10 levels worth if you really stick it out which isn't long..

Anyway ive still got 2 1/2 hours of work to do so will see you peeps in whichever starting area we end up in... Servers going down for the update in 15 mins for an hour (if nothing breaks)...
  9. McGuiness New Member

When do the TLP servers go live? I have been so excited for it!
  10. Siren Well-Known Member

they said 3PM EST/noon PST. Keep an eye on the EQ2 Twitter.
    Feldon likes this.
  11. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

They are shooting for noon PDT.

edit: Siren beat me to it ;P
  12. McGuiness New Member

oooh cool! ...i think i'm feeling sick... *cough cough* time to head home early from work!
    Feldon and Siren like this.
  13. GBlack Active Member

I hope this time I will not fall asleep late night after hopeless waiting like it was during the beta launch :D
    HaphazardAllure and Siren like this.
  14. Foretold Well-Known Member

Yep, my throat is feeling a little scratchy too... might have to work from home starting around 2PM central ;) Actually, I AM going home once I see servers are up. I want to at least get my character names, if possible, even if I can't play til I get off work.

And I took a vacation day tomorrow :D hehe...
  15. Tubsass New Member

Yup I just tried and got the same options.
    Feldon likes this.
  16. Iadien Active Member

Yeah, haha, I was about to post that as well.
    Feldon likes this.
  17. Almost Member

So now the hardest part; what do i actually want to play? Gahhhhh so much pressure!
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  18. Drew575 Active Member

nostalgic feels
    Feldon likes this.
  19. Drew575 Active Member

I guess I was wrong
  20. Mondego Active Member

Well I'll gladly come back and have a serving of crow, or magpies. But it will have to be in the Outpost of the Overlord apparently.

Pretty awesome stuff.
    Siren and Feldon like this.