It looks like Isle of Refuge is Returning (THANKS DEVS)!

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Siren, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Siren Well-Known Member

Please see this thread, where a level 75 who's only been playing since last November (Strings) zoned into Outpost of the Overlord today from a bell in Tranquil Sea (NO it's not her prestige house, and NO it's not the newly-revamped IoR from AoM: There are level 1 turtle mobs and glowies on the ground, plus the original quest givers, boat, and the map says Outpost of the Overlord)!

Thank you so much, devs; even so drastically understaffed, you really pulled through for us. Big hug and kiss-- when everybody from the blue-ist bluebie to the most hardened PvPer wants it back, they deliver the goods no matter what it takes.

I hope it's ready to roll officially tomorrow when the TLs launch! And this girl is on Antonia Bayle and got in. She even logged out her L75 and has the screenshots of the character showing as in the Outpost of the Overlord!

Gninja has posted more in this thread today than in his entire career on these forums, trying to divert attention to people's sig pictures, etc. etc. HAHAHA. Cat's out of the bag (and loose in Tranquil Sea)! :cool:

Check it out!!

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/index.php?threads/outpost-of-the-overlord.561800/
    Faragel, Charlice, Kelvani and 6 others like this.
  2. Veems Member

Just checked it out so excited! I'm still waiting for the fixes to come.. but this has definitely earned the devs some brownie points.
    Feldon, Zealander and Siren like this.
  3. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

I'll believe it when I see it in game.
    Wulfhammer likes this.
  4. Hexcentricity Member

I read that entire thread and nowhere do I get that IoR is going in Live as an option to zone into. I also don't understand why a dev would respond to something like that, but not posts that without a doubt prove that Queen's Colony is alive and well on live servers and it's just a matter of letting us start there or get there via a bell. People have also shown they can leave the Isle.

This one.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

But, sure, I'll say their marketing team is AWFUL and it may be a last minute surprise for those that stuck around to wait for it despite being told to the contrary.
  5. Veems Member

Oh lighten up a little. This is the closest thing you can get to it being official without giving the official statement. I'm sure they weren't planning on someone bugging out into the zone breaking the news before release. They were "Exploring other options" so the few of us still had hope. It doesn't look so far fetched as of now..
    HaphazardAllure and Siren like this.
  6. Siren Well-Known Member

Hex, your pics are of a different, older thread.

My link comes from the thread "Outpost of the Overlord" in General that Strings started today.

She zoned her LEVEL 75 into Outpost of the Overlord, complete with all original mobs, quests and NPCs, from a bell in Tranquil Sea today, and posted screenshots. That is the one from the original Isle of Refuge. Even the open map and minimap she's showing in the shots are labeled Outpost of the Overlord! She also included a screenie of her character log in page, which clearly shows her character still in the Outpost of the Overlord.

Go look again. And re-read my post. It's not a prestige house she landed in, or the revamped AoM IoR. It's the real, original Freeport-side Outpost of the Overlord with the level 1 turtle mobs and glowies on the ground. You can see the boat and questgivers in the background, lol.

And all Gninja did was say silly things like,

Oh look, that character is back in Antonica now, and

Hey, let's talk about that old EQ Patches the Kitty story! :p

He tried to divert attention many times, but the cat's out of the bag (Patches? haha) and is not going back in there, no way.
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  7. Gromph Member

Not gonna lie, would much rather have had people working on the rest of the game, not the first 5 levels..

Assuming this isn't an elaborate troll.

Also Inb4 Isle of refuge doesn't work and everyone gets stuck there.
  8. Siren Well-Known Member

Haha, wouldn't that be funny?

By the way, I remember correctly, you can stay in IoR straight to level 10 before everything goes grey. :p

Nah, I really don't think it's a troll. Strings is a sweet person; definitely not the type for that. Plus, Gninja had 6 pages worth of time (and many posts of his own) to deny that IoR is coming tomorrow, and he didn't, lol. All he did was try to divert people with silly stories.

I'm sure they're working on plenty of other things too. It's just nice that we'll most likely be starting off in a very nostalgic part of EQ2's history, for that real back-in-time feel. That will sure beat DLW/FFS by a mile! I don't even care if it's buggy, as long as we don't all continually crash out of it en masse, lol.

Taking bets on how many instances of Queen's Colony and Outpost of the Overlord will be going concurrently tomorrow on the TL-PvP! I'm betting at least 7 of each will be up by nightfall. And just wait til the weekend; it will get even higher....
  9. Peak Nagafun

Maybe. But I wouldn't get my hopes up.
  10. Iadien Active Member

I'm hoping this is true, but technically a person on the isle could reach level 75... by completing a ton of shiny quests. Yes, I know it's a new character. haha

There are far too many coincidences to ignore though. The isles didn't work for so long, then start working again around the time of the announcement. That's not fishy at all.
  11. Veems Member

People of course will be working on the rest of the game.

The point of this (outpost & queens) is to bring back the nostalgic feeling. This is the very first thing everyone saw the first moment they got into game, the very first experience for most.

A lot of Veterans crave this feeling again.

I've certainly seen more people requesting this more than anything else so.. I would say it's worth the effort.
    Kelvani, HaphazardAllure and Siren like this.
  12. Hexcentricity Member

I read that entire thread. And yes my pics are from an older thread, like by a week or so. So she was in the Outpost of the Overlord, like several other people that have shown it to be on live. I just don't see how a dev evading a question is confirmation of a major change they said they would not include. They've been evading the multiple threads and posts for the last month or so...how is this different? Because he was trying to help someone that was "stuck" and didn't know how to get out of talking about it once he resolved the problem? Because she somehow was able to get there in the first place?

It was a huge error if this whole thing was a "gotcha, it's back!" They lost countless subscribers because people that were considering coming back thought the game had changed too much or the devs were too short-handed and thus would deliver a terrible product if they couldn't even bring the Isle back, I can attest to that personally. Even if they worked super hard to get it in there and didn't want to make promises, it doesn't change that fact. If they did, then props to them, I'll resubscribe, but I'm not going to get my hopes up again based on what transpired in that thread.
  13. Siren Well-Known Member

The other people posting in the older thread have characters in IoR that have been there since before Daybreak removed it from the game.

Strings is the first one to get in there from the live game, and with a Level 75 to boot. That's a huge difference.

The irony is, she's only been playing since last December and didn't understand where she had zoned into, lol! It was all the vets that identified where she had landed.

If the IoR that Strings landed in was some horrible mistake, and wasn't really live-but-locked and waiting for tomorrow (probably since this morning when the servers came back up-- guess we now know why all the servers had to come down "in preparation for the TL launches tomorrow," ha ha), Gninja would have cleared that fact up right away, c'mon now. Instead, he was all smiles and jokes.

Cheer up, mate! We're almost home. :)

PS/ Clearly they didn't want to announce anything more cryptic than Kander's original "we're looking into other...options" in case they couldn't get IoR live in time for the TL launches tomorrow. And surprises are always fun too! Why, I'm quite surprised right now, that's for sure!
  14. Veems Member

The fact that someone else tried to replicate the same happenings and got a message "Requires time locked server" I would have to say the odds are looking good.
  15. Siren Well-Known Member

I have to admit to you, I grabbed my main Wizzie and flew out there, trying to replicate it myself, lol. I saw that "requires time locked server" yellow chat come up in my chat window, too. I couldn't get there (and Gninja moved Strings' L75 back to Antonica, so apparently they've plugged up the hole, at least until tomorrow). However, Strings said one of her guildies got in before the lockdown, too, hehe.

This is a great night for....popcorn!

The minute my daughter saw Strings' thread, she practically dragged me out of my seat, then leaned over me, taking control of my Wizzie in flight in Tranquil Sea, lol. She's reactivating her own account tonight in preparation for tomorrow too.
    Veems likes this.
  16. Veems Member

The fact that I wasn't even close to a computor in order to attempt sent a nervous shake down my spine, lol. You're daughter did the right thing, if only you had made it there in time. ;P

It also seems the preparations that were done may of involved adding a zone or two.

Now one can only wait at the edge of our seats to rub it in everyone's face that said it wouldn't be a thing... .-.
    Siren likes this.
  17. Feldon Well-Known Member

What I'm getting from this thread is, when you were kids, you found where your parents were hiding your Christmas presents, carefully unwrapped them, saw what you were getting, and then taped them back up and hoped mom and dad didn't notice. My brothers did exactly that one year but they got busted and they didn't get ANY presents that year.
    GBlack, Kryvak and NrthnStar5 like this.
  18. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

It'll be great and awesome if it's available for tomorrow TLE server. It'd be even more great and awesome if it was added back to the live game as starting choices.
  19. Josgar Active Member

So hyped for tomorrow!
    Siren likes this.
  20. Siren Well-Known Member

If you read my link, the person who got into the Outpost of the Overlord from Tranquil Sea with her level 75, got in on Antonia Bayle server.