Issue: Zerkers that are Raidtanks

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Vindorus, Jun 30, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Vindorus Guest

First I want to introduce myself, I´m Vindeth from the Valor Server and I play a lvl 70 Berserker in a... well you could call it "Funguild" that loves doing raids.
    Our usual MT on raids is a 70 well-equipped guardian who is doing a good job.
    I really enjoy to tank on raids, too, and so I noticed a lot of things I´d like to say here where some devs may read the forums.
    The main problem is that we have some great spells to get aggro with damage but not a single HP-Buff, Tower of Stones, Sta-Buff or something like that....
    If I hadn´t so much masterspells I would immediately betray and start a new life as a guard..with maaaany App I Spells ;).
    What shall I do to push my Hps a good way? What shall I do when I get down to 10% HP during a Raid? Praying is a good idea atm!

greetings from germany..:) (I excuse for my english...)
  2. ARCHIVED-Henladar Bloodheart ~ Guest

Message Edited by Henladar Bloodheart ~ on 09-19-2006 04:22 AM
  3. ARCHIVED-aias Guest

mitigation > hp
  4. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

Totally wrong Kosmetas..

mitigation > EVERYTHING
  5. ARCHIVED-aias Guest

hehe... agree :smileyhappy:
  6. ARCHIVED-Vindorus Guest

Mitigation isn´t a problem..there are enough items and a great AA-line to get a very good mitigation. Also guards and zerkers have the same miti-shortbuffs...Wall of Ferocity - Wall of Force...Mayhem - Command. On M1 they have the same effect.
    Maybe a patch could bring some changes:
    Instead of Juggernaut (I call it Jokernaut) they could give us a little sta/hp buff..tower of stones...ANYTHING! We are plate tanks with taunts, miti-buffs and stuff...you know? And so I´m sorry, but that´s a pretty bad joke. I know there is another thread for that topic and that´s why i won´t argue about that. I just wanted to give you an example what SOE could to.
    Message Edited by Vindorus on 06-30-2006 10:33 AM
  7. ARCHIVED-Olek'Siy Guest

HP gap for zerker tanks can be closed with right group setup. You can usually get away with not having scout agro transfer(guardian can't).
    and I dont think guardians use ToS as much as u think they do.
  8. ARCHIVED-Bremer Guest

Don't know the word, but "Hp werden überbewertet :smileytongue: "
    Even if a Guardian has 1k more hp, it's no problem on raids.
  9. ARCHIVED-Vindorus Guest

Well, if our guard uses ToS he always says that.
  10. ARCHIVED-KhayosAD Guest

Zerks get mit buffs, Guards get HP buffs. Each has to compensate with equipment.
    Just posted on another thread -- I routinely cap out mitigation in raid situations, though my HP is about 1k lower than our guild's Guardian MT. He does alot better on single encounters holding aggro (and soaking up some nasty hits), whereas I can get to the top 5 in DPS in group encounters.
  11. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

Guardians get the same mit buffs that we do.

The difference in the 2 is that our 2 Regen buffs, are stamina and hp buffs for the guardian.

We are gonna have lower hps. Does it matter? Maybe a tiny bit. But berserkers have been main tanks in many of the worlds top raiding guilds.

Guardians will have more hps, more taunts and a few specialized abilities for tanking like tower of stone and such. Berserkers do alot more dps, can step out of MT role and become a DPS along with a dps group buffer.
  12. ARCHIVED-Lexani- Guest

I thought our tuants were basically the same diffrences i know of are....
    We get bezerk buffs and str they get sta/hp/def.... only other obvious diffrences are in the specialized skills the lvl 52, 55, 58, 65 spells. I completley love insolent gibe, openwounds, dont think id change either of them for anything. But there specialized skills are really really nice aswell. There is basically a very minimal diffrence in the 2 classes if you cant tank as a zerker you wont be able to tank as a guardian either.
    Imo we have slight edge on multiple mob agro (ie insolent, openwounds) and dmg output. They have a slight edge on incoming dmg (ie TOS). Both agro systems seem to work well they have a better chance for hold the line ca skill line to fire off but it has the same taunt as ours and we get a counter attack with ours they dont have. They get a single target agro control that is extremley effective over our insolent gibe and tos over openwounds. I cant recall what they get at 65 but imo juggercrap isnt all that :p
    So ask yourself this:
    Trade insolent gibe for reinforcement...openwounds for tos...going bezerk for 600ish hp 60ish sta and some def....50% chance to proc 400ish hate for 20% chance to proc 400ish hate and 300ish dmg. They have something other than our weapon ageis aswell but i forget what it is.
    All in all i wouldnt trade my zerker for anything atm both for mt'ing and for dps'ing.
    Im not at home atm just read this post and thought id spew out what i think the diffrences are i could be wrong on a couple things if i am feel free to correct me.
    Message Edited by Lexani- on 07-02-2006 12:12 PM
  13. ARCHIVED-atjtennis Guest

As khalad has pointed out mitigation is the most importnat thing I'd like to see 1 of our 2 health regen buffs made into an 250-500 HP or 50 sta buff since health regen is 100% worhtless on raids and in any group situation. Gettin 128 health regen'd every 6 secs isn't going to make 1 bit of difference in either of these situations.

But I don't forsee any changes coming to these 2 buffs anytime soon. I MT for our guild full time and I know several other Berserkers that do the same for their guild your goal should be to get around 7500+ HP w/sword and shield equipped and 5100+ mitigation
  14. ARCHIVED-Lexani- Guest

I like to tank at 12k hp then i just put all mit items on. I usually tank raid buffed at 12khp and 6300-6800mit depending on which gear i want to use and which random person we have in the mt group. We always have a templar, defiler, corcer the other 2 classes are kinda random idealy a dirge and a warden but dosent always happen like that.
    I self buff to 5800mit and hp is between 7500-8k i forget. Although its dropped since they took away my hp food :(
    Message Edited by Lexani- on 07-02-2006 12:17 PM
  15. ARCHIVED-Ayattollah Guest

While I would love to see our worthless HP regens become HP or Sta buffs as they should be, but that will never happen , anyway we cant have it all, we can tank just as good as guards while doing much more dps than them and offcourse having a blast by playing our toons,

Now as to what you can do to push your HP , just play with your gear and group setups , though as mentioned above mitigation above all.. I prefer to lower my HP using cuirass of protection and light chitin rings for more mitigation

p.s. good luck on world cup but I hope Portugal goes on final and wins :smileywink:
  16. ARCHIVED-Vindorus Guest

Well, some better items (doomrage greaves for example) and I´m on a good way...but they never drop..always the same :p. Now I´m using the Cuirass of Shadowfire instead of CoP. If they nerf the CoP I´m well prepared ;).

PS: Of course Germany will win...:)
  17. ARCHIVED-JNewby Guest

and guards dont have visions of maddness nor as many temp defensive buffs.. nor life regen.. which I admit is nto the most useful thing.. also kep in mind it is easyier for u to maintain aggro and do a heck of alot more dmg... I dont know if u care complaining cause a guard has a life buff and ToS but taht is all they raelly have... over you and for it u sacrifice alot... if u switched to a guard now u woudl find alot of things about them dissapointing
  18. ARCHIVED-JNewby Guest

dude honestly then what woudl be the point of being a guardian? you have so many things the same as us alraedy.. in addition u do a ton more dmg and are able to gain and hold aggro much better... and as stated earlier visions of maddness rocks.. if you got tos and life buffs the role of a guardian woudl be pointless as it is guards are already 2nd tanks to zerkers purley cause zerkers can do 95% of waht guards can but guards cant come close ot alot of things zerkers can do

sorry this talk jsut makes me mad as I feel so gimped as a class as a guardian right now compared to zerkers.. we have 2 advantages tos and life buff and we give up alot for it..
  19. ARCHIVED-JNewby Guest

no tos is not that grweat of a spell.. as it take awhile to switch out shields even when they ar hotkeyed.. and the effect is gone in a sec.. even if I am down to 10% I cant cast it fast enoguh to matter.. in additon it wouldnt raelly save me anyhow.. and the fact that it kills shields means u cant really use it whenever its up
  20. ARCHIVED-JNewby Guest

if they did do that then they would have to remove something or give gurads a reason for playing guards.. as then we woudl be the same cept u woudl do 3x more dps