Issue Tracking: "Application ran out of memory while requesting..."

Discussion in 'General Tech Support Questions' started by ARCHIVED-TSR-JasonC, Jun 1, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-FireDragon Guest

It happened to me in the Queens colony just now on a new character (Froglok again) Also, happened to me twice in the crypt of betrayal. The odd thign is.. I never got this error till yesterday, when I was in the vermins snye.. literally, It only just started happening with me. Was there a patch this week or something? Is there any update on fixing this issue? Its was making it a literal pain to play today.. for the record, Its been happening in both Balanced and High performance.
  2. ARCHIVED-Seance Guest

It's funny... on a completely different rig before this one I used to get this error. The problem back then was that I was forcing Anti Aliasing (which obviously isn't the case now). It ALWAYS happened in certain zones. The zones which had the ornate statue textures (Snye, catacomb areas, etc.) and now it happens around the clock in Neriak. I've noticed a particular crash always coincides with the yellow popup that I have entered a new area. It happens on occasion in some areas of the city, but without fail when I enter Dockside Markets. It's like some kind of load, cache, or something. Whenever it does that boost bit, it chokes itself out. It happened whether I was in fullscreen or windowed. Max quality, and very high quality. I turned off all shadows and reflections and still get it, as well as completely alone (don't know if that might help). I have not tried it yet without cloth simulation/disabled cloak rendering. Dunno why that popped in my head. I am going to try and run it in compatibility mode with XP =o 37 Kerra 1600x1200 Solo No illusion form No FRAPS or music player, running Avast anti-virus, though.
  3. ARCHIVED-Hansolebent Guest

After last patch it seem to be better for me, not the out of memory limit is 2048MB (was 1024 before). My PC Intel Q6600 Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6 4x 1GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 Asus Geforce 8800GTX WD Raptors in Raid Creative X-Fi Windows Vista Home Premium (64 bit) Were you grouping, solo, or raiding? seems to happen more on raids than gruos and solo What zone were you in? Greater faydark, bb, labs, qeynos harbor, unreast and more places What level is your character? 70 What race is your character? Human Was your character in an illusion form? No What performance profile is the game set as? (High Quality, Balanced, etc.) Very High Quality What is the screen resolution that you have the game set to? 1680x1050 Was it Windowed mode or Full Screen? Windowed (but happen in full screen as well Are you running Fraps or a movie/music player on the same computer? happen both with and without winamp running
  4. ARCHIVED-Zamrod Guest

Were you grouping, solo, or raiding? Solo What zone were you in? Neriak What level is your character? 9 What race is your character? Arasai Was your character in an illusion form? No What performance profile is the game set as? (High Quality, Balanced, etc.) Very High Quality What is the screen resolution that you have the game set to? 1600x1050 Was it Windowed mode or Full Screen? Full Screen Are you running Fraps or a movie/music player on the same computer? There was a copy of Windows Media Player open in the background, nothing was playing. -Vista Ultimate 64 Bit -GeForce 8800 GTX -2 GB RAM -Core 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz
  5. ARCHIVED-kinshadow Guest

[p] [/p][p]Is this update coming soon? This issue is REALLY anoying and is making the game difficult to play.[/p][p] [/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-Ealan Guest

[li]Were you grouping, solo, or raiding? - Solo [/li][li]What zone were you in? - Neriak [/li][li]What level is your character? - Level 10[/li][li]What race is your character? - DE [/li][li]Was your character in an illusion form? - No [/li][li]What performance profile is the game set as? (High Quality, Balanced, etc.) - Custom (everything close to max) [/li][li]What is the screen resolution that you have the game set to? - 1920 X 1200[/li][li]Was it Windowed mode or Full Screen? - Fullscreen [/li][li]Are you running Fraps or a movie/music player on the same computer? - No[/li][p]Vista x64, 4GB RAM, NVidia 8800GTX-SLI, SB X-fi. Like many, just came back to EQ2 to check out Neriak. Very disheartening. Although at least I just came back yesterday and this strange error isnt just me! I see this issue has been around since 5/30! What a shame that the game gets content solid enough to call back so many but, as has always seemed to be the case for EQ2, technical issues make it torture to play :( [/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-Insipid8 Guest

[p]Still happening to me only in Neriak. Every other zone is fine.[/p][li]Were you grouping, solo, or raiding? - Solo [/li][li]What zone were you in? - Neriak [/li][li]What level is your character? - Level 9 [/li][li]What race is your character? - Arasai[/li][li]Was your character in an illusion form? - No [/li][li]What performance profile is the game set as? (High Quality, Balanced, etc.) - Custom (everything close to max) [/li][li]What is the screen resolution that you have the game set to? - 1600 X 1200 [/li][li]Was it Windowed mode or Full Screen? - Windowed [/li][li]Are you running Fraps or a movie/music player on the same computer? - No [p]Vista x32, 2GB RAM, NVidia 7900GS, Intel Duo Core[/p][/li]
  8. ARCHIVED-Ealan Guest

The weird thing is that little hack posted earlier (editing the PE header) works PERFECTLY. That would tend to imply that if everquest2 were compiled with the flag to allow the process to access address space above 2GB, all would probably be well. I'd assume the devs know this though, so maybe something else is up. Shame that tiny edit to the PE header is a violation of the EULA.
  9. ARCHIVED-Wulfborne Guest

Had it happen to me twice today in Q Harbor while solo... Same character as my earlier report. This used to only be contained with the newer zones for me... now it seems more like a disease that is slowly spreading. :-( ~Hawke
  10. ARCHIVED-Strommwold Guest

• Were you grouping, solo, or raiding? Solo
    • What zone were you in? Neriak
    • What level is your character? 8
    • What race is your character? Arsai
    • Was your character in an illusion form? No
    • What performance profile is the game set as? (High Quality, Balanced, etc.) Extreme Quality
    • What is the screen resolution that you have the game set to? 1680 by 1050
    • Was it Windowed mode or Full Screen? Full Screen
    • Are you running Fraps or a movie/music player on the same computer?
    Windows Vista Home premium, qx6700 quad core oc'd to 3.2, 8800 gtx, 2 gigs mem
  11. ARCHIVED-Iena Guest

[li]Were you grouping, solo, or raiding? Solo [/li][li]What zone were you in? QH by docks headed to broker & Kelithin when headed to bank/broker pad thus far[/li][li]What level is your character? multiple chars 2-37[/li][li]What race is your character? frog HIE Dwarf[/li][li]Was your character in an illusion form? No [/li][li]What performance profile is the game set as? (High Quality, Balanced, etc.) Custome extreem to performance and most inbetween[/li][li]What is the screen resolution that you have the game set to? 1280 x 1024[/li][li]Was it Windowed mode or Full Screen? Full Screen [/li][li]Are you running Fraps or a movie/music player on the same computer? Nope all closed[/li][p]I upgraded to 4 gig ram with vista 64 just incase but it had no effect. I was hoping this bug would be fixed by now but alass it isn't[/p]
  12. ARCHIVED-Sagard Guest

• Were you grouping, solo, or raiding? - Solo
    • What zone were you in? - Neriak
    • What level is your character? - 9
    • What race is your character? - Ratonga
    • Was your character in an illusion form? - No
    • What performance profile is the game set as? (High Quality, Balanced, etc.) - High Quality
    • What is the screen resolution that you have the game set to? - 1680x1050
    • Was it Windowed mode or Full Screen? = Full
    • Are you running Fraps or a movie/music player on the same computer? - None of those.
  13. ARCHIVED-Spike Guest

I´m still getting this error... just wanted to say that Fraps doesn´t seem to have anything to do with it. Are you running Fraps or a movie/music player on the same computer? - No
  14. ARCHIVED-Ramengelion Guest

Were you grouping, solo, or raiding? Solo What zone were you in? Neriak What level is your character? 11 What race is your character? Arasai Was your character in an illusion form? No What performance profile is the game set as? (High Quality, Balanced, etc.) Very High Quality What is the screen resolution that you have the game set to? 1600x1050 Was it Windowed mode or Full Screen? Full Screen Are you running Fraps or a movie/music player on the same computer? No -Vista Home Premium x32 Bit -Radeon 2700 XT -4 GB RAM -Core 2 Duo 2.99 Ghz Happens CONSTANTLY in Neriak, cannot log in to move for a few seconds!
  15. ARCHIVED-Lera Guest

[ul][li]Were you grouping, solo, or raiding? Yes (all of the above) [/li][li]What zone were you in? Antonica, Qeynos Harbor [/li][li]What level is your character? 70 [/li][li]What race is your character? Dark elf [/li][li]Was your character in an illusion form? I am not a Frostfell elf! (No) [/li][li]What performance profile is the game set as? (High Quality, Balanced, etc.) High Quality [/li][li]What is the screen resolution that you have the game set to? 1900x1600 [/li][li]Was it Windowed mode or Full Screen? Windowed [/li][li]Are you running Fraps or a movie/music player on the same computer? No[/li][/ul]Vista Ultimate GeForce 8800 GTX 4 GB RAM (shows as 2814 MB) Intel Core2 6600 2.4 GHz I only started getting this error once I upgraded to Vista. I've also noticed that the out of memory error usually happens when I take a screenshot, often after I've taken several, and one will finally make the game crash.
  16. ARCHIVED-StoneySilence Guest

[ul][li]Were you grouping, solo, or raiding?[/li][/ul]Solo [ul][li]What zone were you in?[/li][/ul]Darklight Woods [ul][li]What level is your character?[/li][/ul]11 [ul][li]What race is your character?[/li][/ul]Arsai [ul][li]Was your character in an illusion form?[/li][/ul]No [ul][li]What performance profile is the game set as? (High Quality, Balanced, etc.)[/li][/ul]Very High with Complex Shader's off. [ul][li]What is the screen resolution that you have the game set to?[/li][/ul]1024x768 [ul][li]Was it Windowed mode or Full Screen?[/li][/ul]Full Screen [ul][li]Are you running Fraps or a movie/music player on the same computer?[/li][/ul]Fraps There seems to be a memory leak. I had been playing for about 2 hours and when it crashed Windows said EQ2 was using 1.5gb of ram. I have 4gb on Vista Business 32-bit. Vista see's 2.8gb (due to 32bit limitations). My system Vista Business 32-bit 4gb OCZ DDR2 1066 Ram EVGA nVidia 680i MB (15.00 Drivers) EVGA nVidia 8500GT (158.45 Drivers) C2D E6600 EDIT: It has done it two more time now, the 2nd time after being in for about an hour, 3rd time was only after about 15 minutes. 2nd and 3rd times both happened in Neriak on my 19 Guardian Ogre.
  17. ARCHIVED-Breeniac Guest

With the most recent mini patch, the out of memory error has changed to a different amount.
    As well I'm recieving critical failures and random freezes throughout the game.
    Please a new update on this devs!
  18. ARCHIVED-speedfire Guest

it's not from the graphical card for sure, let me explain i got this out of memory 3 times, 2 of them was with a GeForce FX 5200 128Mb and now the third time with a GeForce GS 7800 256Mb, but all i can say is, it's happen often on the city (qeynos, Mad'jul, Neriak) and i can know i will crash 20 or 25 minutes before, the game begin to work lower, a light slow down, light frozing, and then all worse till boom. aparently maybe we have a problem of purge into the cache or the memory card, it's happen only after i visited at least 2 or 3 places, and turned around them alot, not staying always at the same place. like doing 12 time the whole city of Mad'jul. i hope it's while help you. looking for more details
  19. ARCHIVED-Imraendal Guest

I'm including two sets of answers, as it's happened to me under two different circumstances. [ul][li]Were you grouping, solo, or raiding? Solo [/li][li]What zone were you in? Neriak [/li][li]What level is your character? 10 [/li][li]What race is your character? Human [/li][li]Was your character in an illusion form? No [/li][li]What performance profile is the game set as? (High Quality, Balanced, etc.) High [/li][li]What is the screen resolution that you have the game set to? 1280 x 1024 [/li][li]Was it Windowed mode or Full Screen? Full[/li][li]Are you running Fraps or a movie/music player on the same computer? No[/li][/ul][ul][li]Were you grouping, solo, or raiding? - Solo[/li][li]What zone were you in? - Neriak[/li][li]What level is your character? - Level 11 [/li][li]What race is your character? - Arasi [/li][li]Was your character in an illusion form? - Yes [/li][li]What performance profile is the game set as? (High Quality, Balanced, etc.) - High [/li][li]What is the screen resolution that you have the game set to? - 1280 X 1024 [/li][li]Was it Windowed mode or Full Screen? - Windowed [/li][li]Are you running Fraps or a movie/music player on the same computer? - No[/li][/ul] System: Operating System: Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_rtm.061101-2205) Language: English (Regional Setting: English) BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+ (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz Memory: 3582MB RAM Page File: 720MB used, 6608MB available Windows Dir: C:\Windows DirectX Version: DirectX 10 DxDiag Version: 6.00.6000.16386 32bit Unicode Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX Display Memory: 1499 MB Dedicated Memory: 732 MB Shared Memory: 766 MB Driver Name: nvd3dum.dll,nvwgf2um.dll Driver Version: 7.15.0011.5824 (English) Sound Card: Creative X-fi Xtreme Music Driver Name: ctaud2k.sys Driver Version: 6.00.0001.1272 (English)
  20. ARCHIVED-Silena Guest

TSR-JasonC wrote:
    solo
    neriak
    araspi necromcer
    no
    coustom
    1024x768
    windows
    norton antivirus & xp items
    stuck in Neriak down below. can't acess game to get her out.Can enter game & play with my main- Level 53 Wizard . Haven't tried any others. Prolem seems onily in Neriak.