Issue Tracking: "Application ran out of memory while requesting..."

Discussion in 'General Tech Support Questions' started by ARCHIVED-TSR-JasonC, Jun 1, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Redrath Guest

Well, my error message says something about an error and says "OUT OF MEMORY." Not sure if that's the same thing, but I'll do this anyhow. [ul][li]Were you grouping, solo, or raiding?[/li][li]Solo. [/li][li]What zone were you in?[/li][li]The down below, Stonestair Byway, Antonica, The Commonlands, and in a crafting place. [/li][li]What level is your character?[/li][li]31. [/li][li]What race is your character?[/li][li]Human. [/li][li]Was your character in an illusion form?[/li][li]No. [/li][li]What performance profile is the game set as? (High Quality, Balanced, etc.)[/li][li]High Quality [/li][li]What is the screen resolution that you have the game set to?[/li][li]1440x900 [/li][li]Was it Windowed mode or Full Screen?[/li][li]Happens on both. :( [/li][li]Are you running Fraps or a movie/music player on the same computer?[/li][li]Uh, yeah, music, sometimes from the player on www.progarchives.com and sometimes from WMP.[/li][/ul]It's a shame that this is happening. I just came to EQ2 from WoW, and the constant crashing is really pushing me away... If my problem is the same as the one all of you have, I hope this gets fixed. Just looked back a bit, WOW I'm late in this. I hope it gets fixed so I can get back to having fun! :D
  2. ARCHIVED-Autenil Guest

A screenshot of the exact error message would be very helpful. It's conceivable that your video card is running out of memory. What type of video card are you running? Is the problem alleviated if you run on Balanced at all?
  3. ARCHIVED-Melena Guest

[IMG]
    This happens constantly for me, so much so, I've stopped playing. I hope it can be resolved soon.
    As I said before on the prior thread, this started for me with GU32. I had been fine for nearly a month prior to that update.
    • Were you grouping, solo, or raiding? All of the above.
    • What zone were you in? Neriak, Commonlands, Freeport - pretty much everywhere I go
    • What level is your character? 65
    • What race is your character? Dark Elf
    • Was your character in an illusion form? Happens in illusion (vampire) and without illusion
    • What performance profile is the game set as? (High Quality, Balanced, etc.) High Quality
    • What is the screen resolution that you have the game set to? 1280x1024
    • Was it Windowed mode or Full Screen? Happens in both.
    • Are you running Fraps or a movie/music player on the same computer? No.
    Operating System: Windows VistaTM Ultimate (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_rtm.061101-2205)
    System Manufacturer: HP-Pavilion
    System Model: RP829AV-ABA d4790y
    BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
    Memory: 2046MB RAM
    Page File: 908MB used, 3404MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 10
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 6.00.6000.16386 32bit UnicodeCard name: Radeon X1650 Series
    Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
    Chip type: ATI Radeon Graphics Processor (0x71C6)
    DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_71C6&SUBSYS_206A17AF&REV_00
    Display Memory: 1277 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 510 MB
    Shared Memory: 767 MB
    Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (75Hz)
    Monitor: HP vs19 flat panel monitor
    Driver Name: atiumdag.dll,atiumdva.dat,atitmmxx.dll
    Driver Version: 7.14.0010.0489 (English)
    DDI Version: 9Ex
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 3/14/2007 21:42:49, 2759168 bytes
  4. ARCHIVED-Boramyr Guest

Meh shoulda read the whole thread, looking forward to this being fixed finally.
  5. ARCHIVED-Kefka Guest

Autenil wrote:
    I have a feeling this is the same error I am getting. Its a DirectX9 error similar to the error at the start of this thread.

The number in there is representative of the memory requested, I think, because it has varied on my computer and my wifes (ranging from high 1900s to high 2100s - but it is usually 2146.
  6. ARCHIVED-Redrath Guest

Kefka wrote:
    That's my error message.

[IMG]

Here are my specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz
    Sapphrie Radeon x1950 Pro 512MB (AGP)
    1GB of RAM

Not sure if there's any other information you need.
  7. ARCHIVED-Wulfborne Guest

[ul][li]Were you grouping, solo, or raiding? Solo [/li][li]What zone were you in? Darklight woods the last time, 3 times in Neriak before that. [/li][li]What level is your character? 70 [/li][li]What race is your character? Human [/li][li]Was your character in an illusion form? No, though I was invis while in Neriak (normal in Darklight). [/li][li]What performance profile is the game set as? (High Quality, Balanced, etc.) Custom - Extreme high quality, most sliders maxed, but shadows off. [/li][li]What is the screen resolution that you have the game set to? 1600x1200 [/li][li]Was it Windowed mode or Full Screen? Full screen [/li][li]Are you running Fraps or a movie/music player on the same computer? No.[/li][/ul]----------------------EDIT---------------------------- Sorry, didn't know if you needed system info to help isolate it. Windows Vistaâ„¢ Ultimate (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_rtm.061101-2205) Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU @ 2.66GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz 2558MB RAM DirectX 10 NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GX2 DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC Display Memory: 1000 MB Dedicated Memory: 504 MB Shared Memory: 495 MB Current Mode: 1600 x 1200 (32 bit) (60Hz) Monitor: SyncMaster 204T/204Ts/204B,SyncMaster Magic CX201Ts(Digital) Driver Name: nvd3dum.dll,nvwgf2um.dll Driver Version: 7.15.0011.5818 (English) I'm looking forward to a fix. I don't get the memory errors unless in the new zones, so I'm far more likely to avoid the areas than to adjust my settings to go to a couple places. :-? ~Hawke
  8. ARCHIVED-Jhaelryna Guest

Autenil wrote:
    I just came back to the game a few days ago. So everything was up to snuff, so to speak. Ran around Freeport for a day or 2 with no problems. Told a friend I wanted to check out Neriak, and BAM! Started getting the error. I can't even log in, I get an "application failed to load properly" or something to that affect. Can't log on to ANY of my toons, even the ones not in Neriak.
    I've been playing EQ since, ohhh just before SoV came out, and EQ2 since launch. So I knew the routine before, redid drivers, even used a driver cleaner to make sure no conflict. Redid DX. Yadda Yadda Yadda. :D I don't even run custom UIs here.

*sits quietly twiddling her thumbs and chatting to her guild from Players*
    ---------Edit---------
    • Were you grouping, solo, or raiding? Solo
    • What zone were you in? Neriak
    • What level is your character? 44
    • What race is your character? DE
    • Was your character in an illusion form? Nope
    • What performance profile is the game set as? (High Quality, Balanced, etc.) Custom everything just about as low as you can go.
    • What is the screen resolution that you have the game set to? 1024x768
    • Was it Windowed mode or Full Screen? Windowed
    • Are you running Fraps or a movie/music player on the same computer?Nope
    OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
    System Manufacturer VIA Technologies, Inc.
    Processor x86 Family 6 Model 4 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD ~949 Mhz
    Total Physical Memory 512.00 MB
    Available Physical Memory 237.92 MB
    Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 1.95 GB
    Page File Space 1.22 GB
    ----------Edit-------------
    Ran "repair" from add/remove programs and logged on my fae in GF. Been running around picking on orcs for about an hour now.
  9. ARCHIVED-LadyDemise Guest

[ul][li]Were you grouping, solo, or raiding? [/li][/ul][p] I was solo each and every time, 3-5 times a day. I don't even want to stay in the game anymore. [/p][ul][li]What zone were you in? [/li][/ul][p] Neriak [/p][ul][li]What level is your character? [/li][/ul][p]66 [/p][p] [/p][p] [/p][ul][li]What race is your character? [/li][li]Ogre[/li][li]Was your character in an illusion form? [/li][li]No[/li][li]What performance profile is the game set as? (High Quality, Balanced, etc.) [/li][li]High Quality[/li][li]What is the screen resolution that you have the game set to? [/li][li]1680x1050[/li][li]Was it Windowed mode or Full Screen? [/li][li]It has happened in both modes![/li][li]Are you running Fraps or a movie/music player on the same computer?[/li][li]It's happened with playing mp3's and without playing mp3's[/li][/ul][p]I am running a Gigabyte DS3 MB, E6600 - 4 gigs of wintec DDR2 800 Extreme -8800 GTX, X-FI sound card[/p][p] [/p]
  10. ARCHIVED-Hexen575 Guest

• Were you grouping, solo, or raiding? grping and solo
    • What zone were you in? mostly happens in WFP, but has happened all over the maps
    • What level is your character? Which one? It doesn't matter at all
    • What race is your character? I have 10 full slots with random races and classes, pick one
    • Was your character in an illusion form? Nope
    • What performance profile is the game set as? (High Quality, Balanced, etc.) Higher setting, but it's customized
    • What is the screen resolution that you have the game set to? 1680x1050
    • Was it Windowed mode or Full Screen? Windowed
    • Are you running Fraps or a movie/music player on the same computer? Sometimes yes, sometimes no
    I am running Vista 32-bit Home Premium with an 8800GTX. I have seen this issue before in Vanguard and STALKER. We just needed to grab a free DL and open up the .exe for the game and click the >3GB box, save and you were golden. However, I can't seem to get this trick to work in EQ2. Mostly, Vista has issues with programs that have high textures and then don't grab or request enough RAM. Go here to see how we fixed it in STALKER and then in Vanguard.
    I did notice if I turn my graphic textures from Max to High, I CTD a lot less often, but with 2GB system RAM and 768MB VRAM, I shouldn't have to worry about that, right?

Any idea on a time frame for a fix? Or are they even going to fix this? I noticed the shadows still have issues after what? 3 Years?
  11. ARCHIVED-cr0wangel Guest

I have this memory bug since the beginning, so I thought I should add myself to the list. Will we ever see a fix? :(

• Were you grouping, solo, or raiding? Solo and grouping
    • What zone were you in? Solusek Eye, Sanctum of Scaleborn, Unrest, Neriak (Neriak being the worst)
    • What level is your character? 70
    • What race is your character? Dark Elf
    • Was your character in an illusion form? No
    • What performance profile is the game set as? Balanced with some graphic options low.
    • What is the screen resolution that you have the game set to? 1600x1200
    • Was it Windowed mode or Full Screen? Full Screen
    • Are you running Fraps or a movie/music player on the same computer? No

Note: It seems to happen in huge zones, probably a memory leak and eventually the bug happens. Turning down the graphics very low (extreme performance) allow you to get the bug less often but it still happens. It's not related to the computer itself, since many have the bug with different computers and memory. It seems to be only in huge zones for me, all the zones I listed are rather huge.
  12. ARCHIVED-Jhaelryna Guest

[p]Hey guys, think I might have another part of the puzzle, maybe. [/p][p]Last night after running around on my fae, I made an arasai. Ran around on her all night in Darklight. Logged on her today, went to Neriak and almost completed the "Big Business" quest when I got the "ran out of memory" error. Started the game right back up, went to preferences, and game settings, hit "suggested" (however it is worded) then logged on my fae. GF loaded, camped to charater select, chose my DE in Neriak, and got the "ran out of memory" error as the zone was loading. Still had the splash screen but heard the ambiance sounds then crashed. Restarted the game, did the settings from login again and tried a toon in Freeport. Got in with no troubles. Hope this helps a little. [IMG][/p]
  13. ARCHIVED-Netzoko Guest

- Solo - Qeynos Harbor - Level 25 - Halfing - No illusion form - Extreme Quality (without shadows) - The maximum screen resolution - Full Screen - No fraps or movie maker. I'd also like to add that this just started happening to me recently. My CPU is, and was overclocked, but this memory problem is only recent.
  14. ARCHIVED-Ramengelion Guest

Were you grouping, solo, or raiding? - Solo What zone were you in? - North Freeport What level is your character? - 8 What race is your character? - Erudite \Was your character in an illusion form? - No What performance profile is the game set as? (High Quality, Balanced, etc.) - Custom, Highest What is the screen resolution that you have the game set to? - 1680 x 1050 Was it Windowed mode or Full Screen? - Full Are you running Fraps or a movie/music player on the same computer? - No Running x32 Vista Home Premium ATi Radeon 2900 XT Intel Duo Core 2 Extreme 2.99 GHz 4 Gigs of RAM
  15. ARCHIVED-EvoCyanide Guest

EvoCyanide wrote:
    Just as an update to this, I bought an ATi Sapphire Radeon X1950XT and all my problems went away. Even this error doesn't show up anymore.
  16. ARCHIVED-Lhyn Guest

Were you grouping, solo, or raiding? - solo and group What zone were you in? - qeynos habour, zek, zek cita, steamfont, ... What level is your character? - 70, 70, 47, 54 What race is your character? - woodelf, highelf, froglok, iksar \Was your character in an illusion form? - No What performance profile is the game set as? (High Quality, Balanced, etc.) - extreme quality What is the screen resolution that you have the game set to? - 1280 x 1024 Was it Windowed mode or Full Screen? - Full Are you running Fraps or a movie/music player on the same computer? - No Vista x64 ultimate gf 8800 gtx Intel Core2Duo 6600 4 Gigs of RAM
  17. ARCHIVED-Spike Guest

Were you grouping, solo, or raiding? - Solo
    What zone were you in? - Qeynos Habour
    What level is your character? - 29
    What race is your character? - Woodelf
    Was your character in an illusion form? - No
    What performance profile is the game set as? (High Quality, Balanced, etc.) - VHQ
    What is the screen resolution that you have the game set to?
    - 1680x1050
    Was it Windowed mode or Full Screen? - Full
    Are you running Fraps or a movie/music player on the same computer? - Fraps

Vista home premium 32bit
    Intel c2d e6600
    Leadtek 8800 gtx
    G.skill 4 gigs of ram
  18. ARCHIVED-Redrath Guest

Either Core 2s are really, really popular or they're somehow related. Almost everyone who got the bug said they had a Core 2 Duo/Extreme/whatnot (or didn't mention their processor).
  19. ARCHIVED-FireDragon Guest

TSR-JasonC wrote:
    Heres my exact error:

[IMG]

For the record: I use XP not Vista.. seems some people think its limited to Vista.

Also, my computer is not out of memory at the time.

My GFX card is a GeForce 7600 512MB, my processor is a 3.2 GHz and I have a gig of RAM
  20. ARCHIVED-Aan'azyroth Guest

Just re-installed Vista again this morning, logged in QH with me main, and didn't leave the zone. All i have been doing is sending in-game mails and talking to people.
    Crashed after about 2 hours.