Issue Tracking: "Application ran out of memory while requesting..."

Discussion in 'General Tech Support Questions' started by ARCHIVED-TSR-JasonC, Jun 1, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-markeo Guest

[p]I just bought the game and I havent even been able to make a new character. I can't get to the movies screens...[/p][p] [/p][p]I can make it to the play button. Then: Application ran out of memory requesting 1311947712 bytes (limit: 1534 MB)[/p][p] [/p][p]Any solution to this? To not even be able to enter the game...[/p][p] [/p][p]Ps. Lotro runs beautifully on my high end Dell with 2g of ram.[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-Xaritha Guest

TSR-JasonC wrote:
    * Solo
    * Neriak
    * 17 (it happens on all my toons)
    * Arasai
    * No
    * Very High Performance
    * 1680 x 1050
    * Full Screen
    * No

I run windows vista 32 bit home premium. system specs: E6400, 2 gigs of RAM 8800 GTX vid card... Please fix this!
  3. ARCHIVED-Luremaster Guest

[p] [/p][li]Were you grouping, solo, or raiding?[/li][p]Solo[/p][li]What zone were you in?[/li][p]Neriak[/p][li]What level is your character?[/li][p]26[/p][li]What race is your character?[/li][p]Arasai[/p][li]Was your character in an illusion form?[/li][p]No[/p][li]What performance profile is the game set as? (High Quality, Balanced, etc.)[/li][p]Usually Extreme Quality or Very High Quality. The issue also appears when I play on lower settings, but it seems to take longer before the game crashes.[/p][li]What is the screen resolution that you have the game set to?[/li][p]1600x1200[/p][li]Was it Windowed mode or Full Screen?[/li][p]Full Screen[/p][li]Are you running Fraps or a movie/music player on the same computer?[/li][p]No, just Everquest 2[/p][p] [/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-Kaelon Guest

Did yesterday's patch fix this?
  5. ARCHIVED-jimmywrath Guest

I am also having a problem logging in...As soon as i hit play everything starts to freeze up...the support team tells me its not a problem on their end that it must be me..so i delete the files they tell me , stop all processes from running and turn everything as low as possible...still nothing works .I played this game for a long time and took a few months off for a break...Now i have my new account and have gotten to play a total of 7 hours...Then there was an update and i have not been able to get past character select since...sorry but my computer only has the 4 GB, and i thought it would be enough to play...I am glad now that i only got a 3 month subscription because i dont think i could stand to be ripped off any longer than that
  6. ARCHIVED-Nardosh Guest

[p]I am getting the same message as bova, a few posts above me. only difference is mine says (1974) instead of (1968).[/p][p]Hope they get this fixed soon as i cant stay up more than 20 mins before crashing.[/p][p] [/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-Luremaster Guest

Temporary fix seems to be to turn down the graphics a bit in zones that are influenced by this bug. I normally play at extreme/very high quality, but tune down to balanced for Neriak. Didn't have any crashes since.
  8. ARCHIVED-Grunt Guest

[p] Yeah. It does work. But I did not spend a [I cannot control my vocabulary] of money on a high-end computer so that I can play it with LESS settings than the old one. I'd rather stop playing. No really. I like voting with my wallet.[/p][p] This is not a flame. I'm not mad or anything. I try not to get mad over a video game. I'm hopeful this will get fixed, but the sound of silence from SOE is alarming. Jason, or anyone, please try to keep us in the loop.[/p][p] EDIT: Founf that this bug is on the Top List and there is some info there (link: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?start=0&topic_id=362386&#4101868 )[/p][p] That thread has this to say:[/p][p]Work-Around Steps: If you are overclocking any of your computer's components, please reset them back to factory default values. If you are unsure what "overclocking" is, then it is a possibility that the manufacturer of your computer has performed minor overclocking to match performance to higher-cost hardware with lower-cost hardware. If your video memory or motherboard's memory controller is failing, then a memory tester program can be used to track down those failing components. We recommend testing the memory using at least one of these memory testers for about 8 uninterrupted hours. There are many different memory tester applications available, but the most common ones are: (list deleted)[/p]
  9. ARCHIVED-Miranil Guest

Grouping, soloing and raiding.
    Mistmoore Castle, Mistmoore Inner Sanctum, Loping Planes, Commonlands, Wailing Caves, Freeport, Poet's Palace.
    70 Inquisitor, 48 Monk, and 24 Necromancer.
    Dark Elf, Froglok and Dark Elf.
    No, to all.
    Has happened in Balanced, Very High and Extreme Quality.
    1920 x 1200
    Windowed.
    Only running EQ2, a couple IE7 windows and Teamspeak.

Vista 32-bit.
    4gig RAM
    8800 GTX gfx card
    E6600 Core 2 Duo proc.
  10. ARCHIVED-shields567 Guest

[p]Were you grouping, solo, or raiding? Solo What zone were you in? What level is your character? 6 What race is your character? Wood Elf Was your character in an illusion form? no What performance profile is the game set as? (High Quality, Balanced, etc.) was on High Quality then i lowered to balance and still got the error What is the screen resolution that you have the game set to? 1024 x 768 60 refresh rate Was it Windowed mode or Full Screen? Full Screen Are you running Fraps or a movie/music player on the same computer? No[/p][p]and my error was this : [/p][p]Everquest II has detected an unrecoverable error and must shutdown.[/p][p]D:\live\eq2\framework\core\devices\src\DirectX9renderDevice.cpp(2152) DirectXError.(E_OUTOFMEMORY)[/p]
  11. ARCHIVED-Neville1355 Guest

[li]Were you grouping, solo, or raiding? SOLO[/li][li]What zone were you in? Neriak[/li][li]What level is your character? 11[/li][li]What race is your character? Arasai[/li][li]Was your character in an illusion form? No[/li][li]What performance profile is the game set as? Custom - Maximum textures no shadows[/li][li]What is the screen resolution that you have the game set to? 1280x1024 (desktop resolution is 1680x1050)[/li][li]Was it Windowed mode or Full Screen? Windowed[/li][li]Are you running Fraps or a movie/music player on the same computer? No[/li][p] [/p][p]I should also note other findings, such as I get this error with and without readyboost (512mb), with and without superfetch, with and without pagefile, and when it does happen my ram is usually only 60% in use.[/p][hr][p] [/p][ul][li]Asus G1S Gaming Laptop[/li][li]2gb ddr2 667mhz[/li][li]8600GT 256mb[/li][li]Intel T7500 processor[/li][li]160gb 5400rpm s-ata hdd[/li][li]Vista Home Premium 32 bit[/li][/ul][p]I do NOT have this problem on my desktop (yet)[/p][ul][li]Shuttle XPC SD31P[/li][li]Intel P4 660 @ 3.6GHz[/li][li]2gb ddr2 667mhz[/li][li]768gb total HDD space, both 7200 rpm diamondmax 10[/li][li]nvidia 7950GT OC'ed[/li][li]1280x1024 resolution[/li][li]vista ultimate 32 bit[/li][/ul][align=left] [/align]
  12. ARCHIVED-ch3cksix Guest

13. ARCHIVED-Bova Guest

[p]Devs you know whats sad is this problem/bug has been around for over a year!![/p][p]The solution is to play with extremely downgraded graphics? Which is stupid considering I have a high en PC[/p][p]The problem is getting worse with every new upgrade and patch.....HUMMM[/p][p]Mabey just mabey this is a core game issue a major problem that is part of the framework of EQ2? because I think it is[/p][p]How about we dedicate some real resources into stomping out this bug for good? Instead of pumping out a new expansion every 3-6 months.[/p][p]How about you guys do your job? Heres an Idea how about we hire someone who can fix bugs. mabey fire the guy who has taken over a year to not fix it?[/p][p]How about a freekin update? you ask for input into a thread then you promptly ignore it! thank you so much[/p][p]I am extremely upset over the lack of communication on this issue. We as paying customers have grown to accept your silence Sony/Devs. I refuse to accept your silence. I demand action and request you fix this issue.[/p][p] I think over a year is more than enough time to fix this thing. [/p][p] [/p]
  14. ARCHIVED-kinshadow Guest

Grunt wrote:
    Why are they assuming you are overclocking in the solution? It has already been mentioned in this thread that it is an issue with the game engine and fixes were in QA. Making people think it is an issue with thier machine (pushing customer support end extra burden on other bussinesses) is not good customer service in my mind.
    I can reliably reproduce this error on machines that have had DAYS of error free burn-in (memtest86, 3DMark, primtest95, etc.) with no overclocking and high quality components. What is taking so long for a fix to something to which they have identified the cause?
  15. ARCHIVED-Nardosh Guest

[p]I just came back to the game after about 14 months off.[/p][p]I started getting this "out of memory" bug when I down loaded the neriack(sp?) update so i figured it would be fixed quick, but after reading the fourms it seems like its been going on awhile.[/p][p]I tryed all the fixes on the forums including uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Nothing seems to work, it happens to me in all the zones so far, (darklight woods, neriack, kelethin, qeynos harbor). I cant seem to stay in the game more than 20 minutes, 5 mins if i"m in the city proper.[/p][p]Is this truly something that has been going on for awhile or something new? I'm asking those that have been here through it because if its some thing new i'll wait to get the fix ,but if its like bova said and its been a year with no fix in sight I dont want to throw good money after bad.[/p][p]I feel like i just wasted 39.99 plus my resub money.[/p][p] [/p]
  16. ARCHIVED-Loki_d20 Guest

[li]Were you grouping, solo, or raiding? Solo[/li][li]What zone were you in? Kelethin, Neriak, Qeynos Harbor[/li][li]What level is your character? 45 / 11[/li][li]What race is your character? Wood Elf / Evil Fae[/li][li]Was your character in an illusion form? No[/li][li]What performance profile is the game set as? (High Quality, Balanced, etc.) High Quality[/li][li]What is the screen resolution that you have the game set to? 1650x1080[/li][li]Was it Windowed mode or Full Screen? Full Screen[/li][li]Are you running Fraps or a movie/music player on the same computer? No [/li][p]Intel Core2 Q6600 (2.4GHz, 1066FSB) w/Quad Core Technology and 8MB cache 4x1GB DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz 768MB NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX 750GB Serial ATA 2 Hard Drive 7200RPM Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit Edition English 48X Combo and 16X DVD+/-RW X-Fi PCI Sound Card,Vista[/p]
  17. ARCHIVED-Grunt Guest

[p]I too feel cheated.[/p][p]SOE have stated that redoing the graphics engine to be less CPU bound, or at least to take advantafe of dual/quad CPU cores a task that is to big to undertake. So after getting a fast CPU I got a great GPU (NVIDIA 8800 GTX). ... Only to find out that the coding contains a bug that hinders me using my hardware to the fullest. It turns out that my old ATI1950Pro was perfect, since the new card can do stuff the game crashes if I use. [/p][p]The so called Future Proofing of EQ2 (the notion that graphics quality can be improved over time as hardware get stronger) fails miserably.[/p][p]So here I sit with characters stuck in ever crashing zones. Ah well. There are other games. A real shame since I really like EQ2. But not enough to admit I wasted huge ammounts of money on hardware. Stubborn, I am. [/p]
  18. ARCHIVED-Ixalmaris Guest

- Solo - Happens very often in Neriak but also in other Zones I sadly can't remember - Happens on multiple cahracters from lvl 10 to level 45 - Iksar - No - Custom based on High Quality - 1280x1040 - Windowed - No System Information: Core2Due E6600 GF8800 GTS 2x1024 Ram Vista Business 64
  19. ARCHIVED-Linissa Guest

This happened to me last nigh while in Neriak and now I can't even log that character in. It happens while zoning back into the game. So, in effect my character is unplayable.
  20. ARCHIVED-EvoCyanide Guest

This bug is still unresolved I'm assuming? It's getting pretty ridiculous, does anyone want to pursue legal action? Cause I'm seriously considering it.