Is Celestial Teachings locked behind the tradeskill mount?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by semisus, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Uganda Knuckles Member

unless you pay 6 acconts and duel box them u will get planar complet in mabe 2 months of much playing. then u get average 2 scroll every 3 week. there are 20 different scroll. 25% u get scroll u can use for your class then u need that x 5 for grandmaster ability. 8s this intended to take 5 years ??? or 10 hours of working for dollar
  2. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

So how about locking the recipe scrolls behind having the mount as well. since they are all I seem to be getting anymore as a reward. Switch them out with the white adorn recipe book maybe?
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

Oh boy. Let me just express my enthusiasm for yet another thing that forces play styles on people. Yah, because so many non-crafters loved having to make it to 100 for epic 2.0, you know the crafters just love being forced to group all the time to get an "crafting" achievement just so they can get a chance at a recipe. So much fun...

>: (
    Quillyne, Tkia, Dude and 10 others like this.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Well said Finora. But remember, we are just crafters and we do not need anything other than materials and recipes which are not consider important by the non-crafting crowd unless they make an item the non-crafting crowd has deemed required to play. Crafters are not given much thought by non-crafters until there is something they need, this has been true since the beginning of MMORPGs, whether people like to admit it or not. Crafting is not considered a worthy playstyle or a playstyle at all by most of the non-crafting base. Sad but true.

I mentioned prior (not in this thread) that there have been times in history where crafters are forced to adventure to do their thing (crafting) to the best of their ability (can we say faction grinding for recipes) and some of those grinds required that we be high enough level to fight certain things, yet I was drawn and quartered for stating this, so I have mainly remained mute on such topics since.

Cyrrena

KAITHEEL FOR TRADESKILL/DECORATOR PERSON (in addition to events and holidays)
    Alenna, Cheallaigh, Dude and 2 others like this.
  5. Uganda Knuckles Member

lets not forget the origin of crafting. it was to let you progress your character for adventuring. later on crafting siglines were created. im glad they are back to basic with crafting but it is way crazy amount required.
    Snikkety likes this.
  6. Relanah Active Member

To be fair, a large portion of that seems to stem from how MMO's are designed, often feeling like they get everything ready and like 5 mins before release someone goes "Shouldn't we have crafting?" and then the lead dev just says to chuck some harvest nodes in zones and put some standard recipes in and jobs done...

Which is a shame, I mean, EQ2 has a fairly unique system of having separate Crafting levels to Adventure levels, which can even substitute for each other (I.e. The race tree can be unlocked with either Adventure or Crafting levels). Meaning that, as an MMO, it is one of few that is uniquely capable of having a complete game's worth of content, purely for Crafters.

Heck, its active crafting system even opens up the possibility of things like Crafter HC's and Raids because they get their unique skills, can get unique equipment and have their unique levels allowing them to do non-Adventure type content, but with a similar progression system.

Then, with a dual progression system... You open up possibilities like having Crafting items drop in Adventure content and vice versa, so either people can work on both aspects of their character, or can trade/barter for the stuff they need from the alternate content (Creating an economy. The lifeblood of a crafter) but with the majority of stuff coming from your own content.

I could go on and on...

But really, it all comes back to at this point it has devolved to where it's need excessive money and time in order to do something with... Though, a guy can dream that maybe they can get funding for a proper EQ3 and be able to make a game that incorporates all the fixes they need to do (For crafting and otherwise... I.e. No Ascendancies homogenizing classes, no massively inflated plat reserves with no real sinks, no years of ridiculous stat inflation causing things to get stupid like all heals being full heals or wards for more than someone's lifepool...)

Not particularly likely, but I can hope. Maybe someone will take advantage of the MMO market kind of dying down and make the next big thing (Then, hopefully, don't sign up with Activision and then start killing the game off because of stupid greedy executives that don't know how to make a long term investment to save their life)
    Ceyllynn and Prissetta like this.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Another MMO I have watched and tested with anticipation for the entire four years of its life is set to launch March 27th, it was completely Crowdfunded and Kickstarted and raised well in excess of $20 million US. Unfortunately, I do not feel the UI is polished enough and the camera sucks hind t*t. With the developers and founders on this team, I found this shocking to say the least. Two of the three that conceptualized, developed and programmed this MMO are founding fathers of the entire genre. I am very disappointed to say the least. I would not have left EQ2 and I would not have stopped subbing EQ2, it would have been an additional fix for me and I would have subbed that as well.

Cyrrena
    Alenna likes this.
  8. Conifur Well-Known Member

144 zones if you are lucky and your friends give you everything. Take into account it is RNG and you will get doubles and that number increases - "just by running zones" is not really very accurate.
  9. Conifur Well-Known Member

lol, seems legitimate and completely feasible. Just more Ascensions that will not be upgraded before 2022 - just like all the other ones.
  10. Tekka Well-Known Member

I hear you on this. I get the same thing when I point out many games have picked up the banner that EQ2 planted (primarily when it comes to crafting and decorating) and carried it forward, whereas EQ2 just... never moved forward.

It can be really difficult to pierce that EQ2 bubble, but sometimes you just have to have a go.
  11. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Usually when a dev replies, they get thank you's and likes. I hope it's not lost on you that it didn't happen for this. My reaction is not printable and I doubt I'm alone.
    Quillyne, Tkia, Cheallaigh and 9 others like this.
  12. Revel Well-Known Member

I'd reply with a long post about how horrible this idea is, but I doubt anyone on the Dev team cares.
    Quillyne, Tkia, Cheallaigh and 8 others like this.
  13. Conifur Well-Known Member

They don't, we have only been saying it since they changed the model to greed. They have their orders from the investment bankers and they are moving forward. Soon they will be marching alone.
    Ceyllynn, Dude, Steelviper and 4 others like this.
  14. Strac Active Member

If you happen to be friends with a tank, insane dps and a healer, you can trio most of the zones and cut it down to like 144-180 runs to get all 3 decked out with the 48 needed items each.
    A 6 person team will need at least 288 runs, and that's if each run drops exactly what you need. so probably more like 300- 400 runs.
    And that's still only accounting for static groups, with no changes in set up. AKA as Utopia Land. Throw in some pick up groups, where you always either roll vs 5 other people, or just outright lose a drop due to ninja looting. If you play at off-hours and can't rely on static set ups, you will be running heroic zones for the next 2 years and still might fail to complete the achievement.

This is just depressing game design. If at least devs would be communicating and saying "yes, this is exactly what we planned, and here's our reasoning for it: " i could assess the situation and come to my own conclusions.
    But no. Never ever do we hear reasoning behind actions. Why can't devs own up to their decisions ? Surely if you are confident in them, it would be no problem to spend some minutes each week/patch, explaining the reasons behind changes/non-changes.
    Why is it so hard to state your minds ?
    Ceyllynn, Semperfifofum and Meneltel like this.
  15. Ruckus Well-Known Member

And marching with resumes in hand.
  16. Drona Well-Known Member

Even if I don't like a change personally, I am always willing to going alone with the devs if it will benefits the game overall. However, it seems many of the changes (like this one) are designed the hurt the game overall. I maybe wrong here and there is some game design technique I am missing but just hope sometime the dev give some reasoning for changes so noobs like me can be better informed!
  17. Drona Well-Known Member

I know we all don't like investment bankers but they are not stupid when it comes to making money for themselves!

I just simply don't understand some of these changes which are hated by current and long term players. Not only that they are new and returning player unfriendly!

Or does the reasoning goes like, EQ2 will not get any more new players. The current players are addicts (why are they still playing?) so we will make the addicts pay?
    Rhodris, Ceyllynn and Meneltel like this.
  18. Drona Well-Known Member

Please tell me you are joking? I saw another poster say they got their "like" removed and I though he was kidding!
    Rhodris, Ceyllynn and Mizgamer62 like this.
  19. Wgrace Active Member

And y'all were just going to leave everyone in the dark about this unless someone happened to notice and made a thread about it? Or did I just miss this information reveal?
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  20. Drona Well-Known Member

I think thats fine. There is no need for the dev to tell us how to get something in game or how something works. EQ2 has worked like this for long time even from release day. I think the bigger issue is why is this a good idea is still beyond my little head!