Is Celestial Teachings locked behind the tradeskill mount?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by semisus, Jan 7, 2018.

1. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

2. Ucala Well-Known Member

I am confused on where you got the number 144. from my understanding to craft all items the math is like this:
    there are 3 items per zone (disease, etc) each item needs 4 items to make. meaning to craft all 12 items, you need 48 items, which would mean 48 zones if no duplicates and you got everything everytime.
    that is just 1/3rd of your 144.
    considering the zones can be reset every what, 90 min? even if you played for just 3 hours a day and were on top of it, doing only T1 zones, you could do 8 a day? and all 48 in a week basically?
  3. maxximum Active Member

Because once you've got 4 of any particular item, that's it for that item. The next time you run the zone that drops 3 of the items, eg masks, there's a 1 in 3 chance that it will be the same item you don't need, then when you have two items out of that zone maxed, you're down to 1 in 3 zones offering the remaining item you need, I'll let someone else do the maths, but you'd have to be insanely lucky to run masks 12 times and get the 12 items you need, and that's if all the other ppl in group aren't rolling. If you have even one person rolling against you then it would take a long time running it once a day just to get the items you need out of that one zone, and most groups it it will be the whole group rolling against you. The only realistic way to do it is if your guild filters the items, and then it's a matter of deciding who gets them ahead of everyone else. . .

Edit: Just realised you were referring to the 144 figure. No idea what that's about, but it's going to take a lot of zones to get all the items.
  4. Ucala Well-Known Member

that's why I said assuming no duplicates...didn't you read it? Are you saying he said 144 because it's a 1/3rd chance each time, and Then also said it's RNG for duplicates? because the 144 is already accounting for duplicates in some sense.

Edit: but really you could do it running zero zones. people already sell the items (atleast on the server I was on) and they were fairly cheap (like 200k plat)
  5. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I'd prefer to ignore the mechanic entirely and make a plan for paying/researching the spells. But this solution doesn't solve the grouping problem of people stopping after each target zone and looking for mats. They didn't think about how this would affect the flow of gameplay. Or they prematurely dismissed any concerns about rolling it out.

I also wouldn't be whining if this were a rare drop from the weekly mission instead of something I need to stop and find. It would still be unlikely that I'd finish it, but the social dynamic wouldn't be borked.

I got one of these items and it's NO TRADE. So I guess going to the free trade server and coming back with it finished might be a way to go. But honestly I'd rather just assume it doesn't exist as a realistic option.
    Prissetta and Mizgamer62 like this.
  6. Arclite Well-Known Member

7. Dannni Active Member

Ok at least we can agree on this part, if you want to win the parse upgrading your ascensions is essential. But there are no raid guilds as far as I am aware that are insisting that level 11 to 15 ascensions are upgraded at this point in time. If you want to be the best you need the mount and you need the upgrades, but still neither are an absolute requirement in any guild.

Millions of plat have been available to even solo players. Solo gear has a 25% chance to transmute into infusion of planes, which last I checked were selling at approx 10k each. Adepts also drop in solos and transmute at approx 90% into planar fragments which were selling as high as 25 to 40k each for a sustained period of time before the transmuting stones were put in game.

Not true. You have to have your epic in even the most casual of raid guilds. You have to have completed the signature line to get access to first raid zone. The mount is not a requirement, whichever way you want to spin it. Try and find me a single guild in the game which says the mount is a requirement to raid - zero.

The game is already casual friendly enough. There needs to be long term goals to differentiate between those that are willing to put in the time and effort required into their character. This achievement is absolutely not required... but if you want it, get in game and with some time and effort anyone can achieve it.
  8. wazul Active Member

Player with very very large playtime ( no work because old or young, and no children) or player with large CB can have better slot item. raid or challenge raid below that. nothing news.. since 3 years.

and each year 10 or 15% left the game, so each new xpac we need more large CB or playtime....
  9. Ucala Well-Known Member

It’s called selling loot rights... you don’t need to transfer servers.
    I bought one from a zone a week or so ago for 200k plat I think. Maybe 300k
  10. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

I can't believe that anyone is defending this. In the back of your head, you have to know this is bad for the game.
  11. Quigly Active Member

Add clickies to every zone.

Allow all present to loot.

Problem solved.

P.S. Also maybe fix the drop rates from items in Masks of Marvelous if the above suggestion can't be implemented. Seen 30+ sillocorrosive greases compared to a combined 9 of the other two ingredients.
  12. Ucala Well-Known Member

Is it a poor choice? heck yea it is. But really it's not anything that new.
    imo it's basically the same thing as when they had the Tradeskill NPC that was locked behind the Skyshrine raid.
    The game is set up that you can play however you want, solo, group, tradeskilling. But that doesn't mean you will get to experience Everything the game has, they attempt to make the heroic players and the tradeskillers work together sometimes (how awful I know)
  13. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Yes this is healthy for the game...

[IMG]

very healthy indeed.
  14. Ucala Well-Known Member

if you think people buying loot rights isn't healthy for the game, you may have wanted to quit...5+ years ago?
  15. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

That wasn't the point, but you probably knew that.

1) It was said earlier in the thread, "It's something you have to work for..." yes, playing plat is working for it. :rolleyes:

2) Comparing this to the raid level tradeskill research assistant in Skyshrine is just lol btw. You needed a raid to get it, but once 1 single person in the raid had the assistant and had the recipes researched, they could reward the rest of the raid guild with the items made. Our raid had everyone who got theirs research different recipes and we then provided all the items to all the rest of the members for free. Big difference to what has now been added to the game.
    Sejreia, Cheallaigh, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  16. Arclite Well-Known Member

Meneltel and Ceyllynn like this.
  17. Dannni Active Member

Im not really understanding what your point is then. We agree the achievement is not required but you need it to remain competitive at the highest level of the game. That cannot be denied. Its also a fair bit of work, no denying that, but totally achievable by almost any regular heroic player. The way its implemented certainly favors 'hardcore' or 'better' players with more dps, no denying that either, yet this is a roleplaying game, that can hardly be surprising.

Are you saying you think that casual players should be able to obtain the achievement at the same speed as a stronger more powerful character? It should be dumbed down to make it easier? Why not reward players who have committed more time to the game and have stronger characters? Isnt that the whole premise of a roleplaying game? If weaker characters are able to achieve the same as significantly stronger characters in the same amount of time, you diminish the motivation of making your character stronger in the first place.

"Often, the widened range of equipment available at the maximum level will have increased aesthetic value to distinguish high ranking players in game between lower ranked players. Colloquially known as endgame gear, this set of empowered weapons and armor adds a competitive edge to both scripted boss encounters as well as player vs player combat. Player motivation to outperform others is fueled by acquiring such items and is a significant determining factor in their success or failure in combat-related situations."
  18. luxxxaeterna Member

Have you even tried to complete heroics, with a group without epic 2.0 and without all the PG adorns, only in MC gear and some weekly drops?

Dont think so.If you were you should know how nearly impossible and time consuming it is.
    Ceyllynn and CoLD MeTaL like this.
  19. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

It's not about the mount!

Stop trying to make it about the mount!

It's about the material needed to make ascension spell upgrades being locked behind the mount!

All of us receive the recipes over and over again as a reward for doing content. And only the people who have finished the mount can use them.
    Conifur, Tekka and Ceyllynn like this.
  20. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

This is not the preferred customer at this point.
    Ceyllynn and luxxxaeterna like this.