Is Celestial Teachings locked behind the tradeskill mount?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by semisus, Jan 7, 2018.

1. semisus Does not play this game

Hello so ive been looking people up who got any celestial teachings after they where discoed not long ago , its a weekly reward and all that they have in common is having the tradeskill mount done , which is alot of work.. getting all 4 recipes etc is gonna take a long time , and for some people it will just not be doable at any point
    Can any DEV elaborate on this? we shouldent need to do this to get these to drop.
  2. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

If true then this really is just a 'We want your cash but need to not make it 100% impossible for you to get the items in game' scenario.

For the vast majority of people, getting the mount will be not achievable for months. Let alone then farming the spell parts.
  3. Earar Well-Known Member

wouldn't be surprised.
    And the farm part takes a lot of time, and is limited.

If u managed to have a good DPS, u can trio the zones - which makes getting the ingredients far easier.

u need 48 ingredients for the mount - 1 ingredient per run

if lucky enough you'll need 144 runs just to get all the ingredients for u on a 3 men run
    double that amount for 6 men run.

so the irony is that HC players who can manage to 2 - 3 men the dongeon will have to farm a LOT less than "normal" players for the same reward.

(And u of course need a tank, and of course that tank will just stop farming those stuffs once done - or at least not as actively - because he'll be sick of the farm, so u better finish before all the tanks finishes it ^^)
  4. Revel Well-Known Member

Absolutely atrocious money grabbing if true. This expansion is looking even worse than KA every day.
    Steelviper, Dude and Earar like this.
  5. duckster Active Member

Would need some confirmation on this personally . Could be sheer conincidence the two spells discoed so far have been people that have mount. Maybe next weekly reset will give a better indication if more scrolls are found.

If it remains the same and only those with new mount/achievement its something that needs looked at and adjusted accordingly.
  6. Mathafern Well-Known Member

It could just be that those who have the mount have done more weeklies.

The RNG this expansion is frustrating though. I can see why you might start to generate some interesting theories.
  7. Earar Well-Known Member

maybe it's coincidence, maybe not

3 spells discoed. all 3 toons have finished the crafting stuff

strange stuff also .. all have been discoed 5 or 6 january. So just few days after the patch, while they all got the mount some in end of year or early this year.

so certainly, like the receipes, it has been unlocked by devs last patch

A lot of people far more instances right now to get the harvestables, so certainly not the more weeklies (that u can do max 3 heroic weeklies per week anyway)
  8. SteveB Active Member

Some do it already in duo, so they are fast with collecting the stuff. Will not take long I guess untill at least a few can do the heroics solo.
  9. Earar Well-Known Member

I managed to duo or trio most of them also already (But I am behind coz away during Xmas .. )
  10. Kielex Well-Known Member

I did duo/trio every single one, Took a few days and I tell you what, It's mentally exhausting lol. The amount of heroics needed and dupes we got were dreadful.
  11. Earar Well-Known Member

I know it is .. I did it also all this week, and I only have 26 items (yet), because some of those zones we did it 6 persons, some won more because it's random and got screwed coz didn't use the fairest way of splitting.

it feels worse than ethereal event

u HAVE to trio it to be the most efficient. so Bybye PuGs
  12. Wimble Active Member

The consequence of class imbalnce is too much to ignore now. I know of too many people soloing or duoing heroic content who play

Summoner (either)
    BL
    SK (as duo atm)

And its less than three months into a new expac?

Im one of the unlucky mugs who play a different class and have put a lot of time and $ into it, while hoping class imbalance would finally be fixed. The classes I mentioned have been out of balance since at least ToT.

The credabilty of the product is not being stretched, it has become broken by this.

Simple fixes. Make classes mentioned significantly - i mean significantly - squishiable. Or seriously nerf the pets, they do seem to be a common factor?
    Zule likes this.
  13. semisus Does not play this game

Cmon this thread is not about who can solo/duo whatever , make a complaint thread about this if you so desire but keep it out of this.
    Cyrrena and Ceyllynn like this.
  14. Ucala Well-Known Member

it seems alot of threads just get derailed nowadays.
    but to try to keep it on topic, it's impossible to know if they are locked behind it or not without a Dev response.
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  15. Revel Well-Known Member

The silence on this is deafening.
  16. Tillamook Member

I am not even going to try as it seems for me, that I am unable to play the same amount of time and put the effort do to my job, and real life responsibilities. I pay by the year and prepay for the expansions blah blah, but to have something so put out of reach of the average player is kind of tough. I will just not be involved with this as play in the areas and do the things I enjoy. I do not mind spending money when I need to, but I do not need to have the bling and fantasy status that some appear to need.. Thanks DB I will stick to what is fun and leave work to what I get paid to do and this seems to be too much like unpaid labor to me.
    Cyrrena, Jaeded, Steelviper and 4 others like this.
  17. semisus Does not play this game

It sure is , also will there be no way to get lower lvl acensions up other than going back to KA?
  18. Arieva Well-Known Member

Only one of those 3 archtypes are not squishy against the new fighter requirement strike so its a moot point and you should probably not call for nerfs. Unless they have found some way around it we are *all* squishy without a fighter which is fairly dumb for heroic content.
  19. semisus Does not play this game

So new discoes and everyone has the mount completet that go em , its obviusly not even a common weekly reward even if you have the mount or there would been more
    Which leaves the question is this really intended? would be really nice to hear from a dev about this design choice.
  20. Caith Developer

Celestial Teachings have a 33% drop chance from weekly missions for characters that have completed the Greater Ascended and Planar Crafting Completionist achievements.
    Semperfifofum, Zule and CoLD MeTaL like this.