Fixed Internally In-game voice chat not working for new recruits

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Ponygirl, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Lopsidoo New Member

Well, so much for being positive. Voice for new recruits is still broken. I have /bugged and /petitioned and all it has gotten me is "up vote the post on the forum". I was told this twice after petitioning. So here we go. I suppose it's worth another shot. Maybe we should post daily to get their attention?
    Lucymae, Manafizzle and Sunlei like this.
  2. Zylara Well-Known Member

So this report was started almost an entire year ago now and still NOT FIXED.....cmon guys I have a fair amount of patience but this is beyond ridiculous
    Lucymae, Lopsidoo and Sunlei like this.
  3. Floekan New Member

Still broken. And I am not a new recruit. I'm the guild leader and I still can't get on voice chat for the above reason.
    Lucymae, Lopsidoo and Sunlei like this.
  4. Quillyne Active Member

Broken for some new recruits, broken for some who have changed their name, bug reported by all...all year long. Hoping 2022 brings a fix to this issue.
    Lopsidoo and Sunlei like this.
  5. Xillean Well-Known Member

Only my main can join and use the chat, all 19 of my other toons most pretty old get the access denied. My guild pretty much gave up and now just use Discord but this really does need to be fixed.
    Sunlei likes this.
  6. Sunlei Well-Known Member

In game voice chat is not dependable to work in groups. So frustrating to join a group or raid and the voice doesn't auto-join.

When 2 accounts on same computer or camp in and out different characters on the same account- voice is even more wonkie.

The last character played will show as in the voice channel and the current character can't use voice at all.

2 accounts on same computer-only the account logged in first can use voice 'sometimes'.

I'm not sure but I think this problem has something to do with all the different versions of windows. In game voice should be hooked to the most basic windows versions. ??
  7. Bludd Well-Known Member

use in-game voice every day either group channel or a custom channel
    only time it doesnt work is if the eq2voiceservice.exe doesnt start or is bugged. restart usually fixes it
  8. Zylara Well-Known Member

This isnt about grp vc or custom channels, this is about GUILD chat thats been broken for a year now A YEAR, new recruits cannot join guild voice, guildies who have alts that they bring to the guild cannot join Guild Voice, returning guildies to the guild cannot join Guild Voice...
    Sunlei, Lopsidoo and Bludd like this.
  9. Bludd Well-Known Member

yes that seems to be a different issue, i am sorry for misunderstanding
    Sunlei likes this.
  10. Lopsidoo New Member

Still an issue. Removed char from guild and did a re-invite. No go. Promoted to guild leader... No go. SERIOUSLY?!?!?! Over a year now.
    Lucymae and Sunlei like this.
  11. Traesta Member

I also have a newly guilded toon who is getting the error "Failed to join channel '<Guild>': Invalid password or access denied. You've left voice channel '<Guild>' while all my other toons who have been guilded for years are able to join voicechat just fine.

This is from my log this morning:
    (1643014601)[Mon Jan 24 03:56:41 2022] You have a new voice channel available: \aCMD vcjoin_session confctl-156938264@e2p.vivox.com:<Guild>\/a
    (1643014603)[Mon Jan 24 03:56:43 2022] You have joined 'Auction' (1)
    (1643014603)[Mon Jan 24 03:56:43 2022] You have joined 'General' (2)
    (1643014603)[Mon Jan 24 03:56:43 2022] You have joined 'Inquisitor' (3)
    (1643014603)[Mon Jan 24 03:56:43 2022] You have joined 'LFG' (4)
    (1643014603)[Mon Jan 24 03:56:43 2022] You have joined 'Crafting' (6)
    (1643014603)[Mon Jan 24 03:56:43 2022] You have joined 'High_Level' (7)
    (1643014610)[Mon Jan 24 03:56:50 2022] Failed to join channel '<Guild>': Invalid password or access denied
    (1643014610)[Mon Jan 24 03:56:50 2022] You've left voice channel '<Guild>'.

I did try searching google to see if a fix had been posted anywhere else besides here only to discover that this bug has been popping up since 2009, just no idea why or what's causing it!
    Sunlei and Lopsidoo like this.
  12. Lopsidoo New Member

Still an issue. Support said to UPVOTE the issue. What does that mean? LIKE the first post of the thread. Let's see how many LIKES it takes to get someone to look at the issue.
    Sunlei and Chaeli like this.
  13. mythicaly Active Member

guild leader, half my toons have no guild voice most of guild cant get in, hard for me to type so not having voice makes hard...it worked great in beta. so why not on live?
    Sunlei likes this.
  14. Traesta Member

Still not fixed...

Still no update or acknowledgement to let us know that the problem is actually still being looked into. Yes I know it's not the Dev Team who is going to fix it but will be the Platform Team who will fix it and they do not post here...blah blah blah...petition it...I have but we get no answers there that way either.

Just frustrated and would like to at least know someone is honestly trying to figure the issue out.
    Sunlei and Singes like this.
  15. Zylara Well-Known Member

Heres an idea whomever is responsible for VC since you guys cant seem to get it fixed, find someone who can fix it....the fact that this has dropped back over 5 pages from top of list shows you dont even care that people are leaving cause they feel they are being ignored in guilds
    Lucymae, Sunlei, EmJay and 1 other person like this.
  16. Traesta Member

Still not fixed...submitted another bug report...not that it will help apparently.
    Sunlei likes this.
  17. Sandx Active Member

I am the Guild leader in 3 Guilds. Heros of war is mine and my hubby's home! 2nd one is Marrs Fist, and the third one is Guardian Penguins of Excalibur. There is a 4th one House Harkonnen that my husband and I have. That most of the new recruits can not access either. These Guilds are on Maj'Dul, and we ( hubby and i ) feel that it is a strong part and asset to game play for those who join a new guild. With the exception of the mains in these guild I can not access the voice chats and neither can the newest of our recruits! I am also an Officer in Blast From the Past on Antonia Bayle. It is becoming disheartening that even long time players are more frustrated than the new ones over this! ALL WE ARE ASKING FROM OUR DEVELOPERS IS TO PLEASE FIX WHAT WAS INTEGRATED INTO THE GAME TO MAKE IT MORE FUN AND EASY FOR ALL OF US. THERE IS SOME OF US THAT HAVE ISSUES TYPING AND VOICE JUST MAKES IT SO MUCH EASIER WHEN FIGHTING A MOB OR MOBS.

THANK YOU in advanced from all the players of EQ2!

Sincerely, the players!
    Lucymae, Sunlei, Chaeli and 2 others like this.
  18. Sunlei Well-Known Member

MAJ DUL server, joined a guild with my new to server lvl 10.. voice guild chat enables and then instantly this message "Failed to join channel '<Guild>': Invalid password or access denied"

ingame guild voice works ok on my other servers.

Maj Dul server- character name RINGBELLS, this error EVERY time for guild chat "Failed to join channel '<Guild>': Invalid password or access denied" devs are welcome to use my account to debug this issue.
    Chaeli likes this.
  19. Lucymae New Member

We have been having this problem for months now on antonio bayle, so we made a new channel for everyone and it worked till now, now we all have to re-enter the channel every log in what a pain,,,
  20. Lucymae New Member

Okay so i know everyone is still experiencing this issue with in game voice of alts and new members not being able to get into in game voice, has been over a year plus now,, so our guild on ab made a channel and everyone is able to get into it the problem now is everytime we log in even if it is on the same day we have to keep entering the channel so what to do now this is really annoying sorry but enough already
    EmJay and Chaeli like this.