Fixed Internally In-game voice chat not working for new recruits

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Ponygirl, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

I don't think our Guild's workaround channel was ever "automatic" in the way you seem to be describing -- certainly it isn't for me. I've always had to remember to switch to it manually.

As for the actual guild voice chat problem, the only dev feedback we've had was from Dreamweaver over a year ago, where he said it was a "platform" problem. Meaning the game devs we occasionally see here can't fix it. However they could tell us whether this is still on anyone's radar, now that DW is no longer around to push it. I mean, is it really "in progress"?
    Twyla and Lucymae like this.
  2. Traesta Member

I have basically given up on this ever getting fixed :( I'll still bug it every week and keep trying to bump this post but I'm not holding my breath.
    Lucymae likes this.
  3. Li'Ayr New Member

From what I am seeing from Guildies, this isn't just new people to guild. It's guild voice chat period. Group chat and even officer chat don't seem to work either. But I also have noticed that Eq2 doesn't always connect to my available sound system anyways. Some days I get sound, most days I don't. My sound currently is running through my monitor.
  4. Lucymae New Member

Okay so I have been seeing this in game voice chat problem for over a year now and our guild too on antonio bayle have made a special channel and yes it does work for all BUT<< 9 out of ten times we have to re-nter the channel on every single log in,, Very Very frustrating,,
  5. Zylara Well-Known Member

This has been buried again so bringing it to the forefront once more as new guildies and new alts to guild are getting fed up with not being able to join guild vc
    Chaeli likes this.
  6. Zylara Well-Known Member

Still not working and on top of that vc is soooo slow at putting us in any chat channels these days as well
  7. morderir Active Member

hope it will be fixed with the 64bit client.... its really taking far too much time to be solved

as i have already said , a band aid solution it to /voice addmod the new recruit/alt . it give them moderator status on the chat ( wich may be a problem or not) and they can hook in ( or you can send them a voice chat invite)
  8. Traesta Member

Everyone said wait for 64bit, it might fix voice chat (I didn't expect it would). Here we are still no voice chat for new recruits/alts.

Is there ANY way we can get the Platform Team to look at this since it's not the Dev Team who will fix it? This was stated by Dreamweaver on February 22, 2021in post #20 (First page of this thread)....

At this point it feels this thread just gets ignored because it can't be fixed or just no one but us players care that we don't have the voice chat which is sad.
  9. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Is this ever going to be fixed? Half my guild has no in game chat so we have to use discord. And helping a new recruit set that up is difficult when you have to get them to read a book or lead them through using text.
  10. Zylara Well-Known Member

After all this time just accept that that is a big fat NO

Sadly 64 bit somehow stuffed vc up even further, even since that change over I can no longer run both accts using vc on the one computer and there are days when it wont even let me into vc on even one character in guild...have to completely shut the game down and log in and sometimes have to do that a few times b4 it'll actually let me into the channel
  11. mythicaly Active Member

sigh i have no choice but to use........game doesnt let me type................so not haveing voice for most of my toons is a major issue
  12. Druantia Member

Workaround.... /voice addmod playername should fix the issues with people not being able to join, aka alts and new players
    Twyla likes this.
  13. EmJay Well-Known Member

This bug has been fixed!!! (for the two guilds I have characters in anyway) :)
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Ratalthor Developer

This should be fixed as of this weekend. Please let us know if the issue persists for anyone / any other guilds.
  15. Traesta Member

I logged in to 5 of my toons that had the issue and all of them were fixed. I still need to test it out with a new toon being invited to guild and see if they have issues but so far I am very happy that it seems to be fixed all the way! Thank you!!!