Fixed Internally In-game voice chat not working for new recruits

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Ponygirl, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Blazen Active Member

I recently moved a couple of old characters to a new server and joined a guild. There is still a VC issue for newly created and existing characters.
  2. Billzbub Active Member

I have a half-baked theory that I'd love all of you to help me test. I think that it is not letting us into voice chat because our names are excluded by the profanity filter. Try naming your pet something else and then naming it back to your name and see if it is blocked by the filter. Also, trying making a toon on another server with the same name and see if it is not allowed.

We should be able to confirm or disprove my half-baked theory really fast.
  3. Geoffry New Member

OK folks, please see my post from Geoffry, May 25, 2021 that explains a workaround that has been tested and proven. This has been implemented in Chaos Reigns on AB and it DOES enable new players to a guild to be able to to voice chat as long as everyone in the guild sets it up and switches to that channel. You only have to enter the info once, unless you want to change the passwords for security.
  4. Singes New Member

This has been an issue for over 6 months. While I appreciate your workaround we shouldn't have to use one. It should have been fixed long ago.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Jam175 New Member

Have you found a way to embed a space for guilds with a space in the name? It treats the word after the space like you're adding a password. I've tried surrounding the guild name with single quotes, double quotes, brackets, parens, putting a period in between as a separator... but I have not stumbled on the right solution yet.
  6. Tkia Well-Known Member

Use the underscore instead of the space.
    Jam175 likes this.
  7. Jam175 New Member

Thank you. I appreciate the help, Tkia. Unfortunately, I still get "Invalid password or access denied", even when I try to create my own channel with the underscore using any set of words.

For a test, the longest channel name I can create is "abcdefghijklmno" (15 continuous characters). I shortened the test and could create a channel "abcdefghij" (10 continuous characters). When I add an underscore between any of the characters to create the space, it fails to create the channel.

It's perplexing. I sure would like a resolution this puzzle as would many others.
  8. Tkia Well-Known Member

Could be the coms server won't allow any special characters, which is odd since the normal game channels use the underscore. The voice server is obviously less tolerant. In which case the answer is obvious - forget the special characters and just run the words together - stick in a capital to seperate instead.
    Jam175 likes this.
  9. Jam175 New Member

I agree. Running the words together using Sentence case creates a channel for me. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be the same guild vc channel as Geoffry's workaround proposes as I'm in there all by myself. Tests with other guild members indicate that I am not in the guild vc channel.

I don't know if it's just me or the problem persists for others as well. As with others, this issue only arises for any new toons that I have added to the guild. The existing ones in there all can use vc just fine. Old and new toons have the same guild rank.

Anyway, I thank you for being willing to help. If there are any suggestions - short of a reinstall, I'm happy to try! Thanks again!
  10. Tkia Well-Known Member

Do NOT reinstall! Geez why are people so quick to do that at the drop of a hat? The chances of that actually achieving anything other than losing your customised configurations and settings is slim to none. As should be obvious from this thread and all the duplicates like it, this is not an issue with your client alone but a system problem that needs to be fixed by the platform team. In the meantime you have 2 choices. Use the above workaround to create a custom channel and then get all your guildies to use it, or do without guild vc. I really don't see any other alternatives.
    Dude likes this.
  11. Billzbub Active Member

I changed my name, and now I can use voice chat. The voice chat server is rejecting your connections (in my opinion) because your names no longer pass the naughty filter for names. Everyone I know that can't talk in voice chat also can't make a new toon on another server with the same name because the naughty filter says no. Clearly, it is not feasible for everyone to change their names to get voice chat to work, but if you are willing to do it, there ya go.
    Tkia and Jam175 like this.
  12. Tkia Well-Known Member

This is actually the closest thing to sense that we've seen yet. Since all the problems arose from a platform maintenance their playing with the filters would explain everything, right down to the apparent 'randomness' of the problem. But if that's the case they could at least do us the courtesy of admitting it and preferably reverse it.
  13. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

I agree that after this much time there shouldn't need to be a workaround, this should get fixed. Have a bunch of new people in a guild and nobody can join guild voice. If it's a 'naughty filter' issue, why can all these characters join group, raid, and other voice channels? It appears to be only guild voice that's rejecting them. Please fix this.
    Skixxxx likes this.
  14. morderir Active Member

well SINCE APRIL THIS MESS IS STILL NOT RESOLVED !!!!

someone out there ???
    Skixxxx and Breanna like this.
  15. Darbius New Member

Please fix in game chat! EQ2....You do realize it is still not working properly I hope!!!! This has been going on for way too long! New recruit's. alts, still having problems joining guild chat!!
    Skixxxx likes this.
  16. Skixxxx Member

its really annoying, i made a char 4 months ago, and i want it to be my main in the new expac, no way that he can join guild chat - difficult if you are completely excluded from ingame guild VC
  17. Zylara Well-Known Member

Rebumping to bring back up and hopefully maybe get some attn or answers on wat is going on atm....any eta's on a fix, any ideas on wats the hold up etc etc etc
    Skixxxx likes this.
  18. Zinj Well-Known Member

Agreed.
  19. Zinj Well-Known Member

Well, other option is to continually bug report it until they fix it.
  20. Zylara Well-Known Member

I like to be optimistic so much so that my guildies get annoyed with me at times rofl but dont spose vc is gonna be fixed when game goes live with new expac (yes I know nothing in notes but one (or hundreds) can always hope). Had some old players come back and would be lovely to hear their voices again (mind ya if fixed, ask me again later if it was lovely hehe)
    Tyger likes this.