Illusionst Epic POST your Impressions on what they gave us

Discussion in 'Illusionist' started by ARCHIVED-Slackerx, Feb 8, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-LivelyHound Guest

Just been reading a thread in the items forum that says our epic has a moving part, so I turn my graphics all the way up, nothing, I zoomed in as close as I could and , omg, it does move! The cage round the orb sort of moves, its a bit wierd to see but it does. You just have to zoom in really really close to see it. Slightly less disappointed in my epic than before, still dont like it much, still got it relegated tomy inv and hotbar.
  2. ARCHIVED-KCD97 Guest

ya you guys got the shaft, but your not the only ones..go take a look at the inquisitor one and shed a tear for us too...also the warlock one sucks compared to the wizzy one, although it still nice it pales in comparison to a wizzys
  3. ARCHIVED-Pogball Guest

Nm deleted this rant. Cant be [I cannot control my vocabulary]. Just add this to the list of stuff that needs to be fixed with our class and never has been.
  4. ARCHIVED-Slackerx Guest

Lets not let this Thread die dont give up on this untill CHANGES ARE MADE
  5. ARCHIVED-Olinlore Guest

There seems to be little point continuing it as the dev's have felt it not worthy of commenting on the illusionist player base feelings that an additional power proc on themselves or their groups is not necessary. They of course know best, so what does it matter what players think, little point flogging a dead horse.
    Resigned to our fate and trying to make the most of what we got, tis all too late now!! they change ours, they will have every profession wanting their epics tweaked, the mistake was made in its creation sadly not taking on board the views of the player base then.
  6. ARCHIVED-MarquisDesade Guest

I believe the devs have asked for input on all the weapons and will implement the changes simultaneously for all the weapons.
    As to the power proc. I have some undergeared lower attendance healers in the guild and the fabled version works great for keeping their power up. I put it on he is at full power I take it off he is oop in 3 minutes. Back on and he is full power. So the proc works for keeping undergeared healers at full power if you wanted a use for it.
  7. ARCHIVED-DjVacant Guest

Seems to me the devs just re-established what each class was all about. When I switched raid mains from Warlock to Illusionist, I did it to add utility and expected to drop greatly on the DPS ladder. Wait! What? I'm putting up nearly the same DPS AND adding great group/raid utility? Seems to good to be true, and maybe it has been. Looking at the "T1 DPS class epics", those classes should be able to retake their place in DPS dominance, and I have no problem with that.
    What are you really complaining about here? That the DPS classes got better epics than our UTILITY class? Sounds like you guys need to re-roll to the classes you've got big man-crushes on (wizzies, warlocks, assassins, and rangers (when the arrows get fixed)).
  8. ARCHIVED-gchouin Guest

DjVacant wrote:
    When CC was pretty much eliminated from raiding it was a major fear of mine that we would be reduced to buff/manaregen bots that put autofollow on the raid. We were given dps to imo substitute for having one of our major abilities taken away in raids.
    I think you either did not read all the posts or have very little clue of the illusionist class Djvacant... The complaint is that we can easily keep our groups power up even in long fights without the epic power proc. So by wearing the epic weapon instead of say Plasma wand (a t7 instance piece of loot) we lose dps and gain nothing. The effect does not have to be a dpsing increasing one, it just has to be one that is useful in some way.
    Beguile, 80 Illu, Unrest
  9. ARCHIVED-yzyh Guest

Broccoli@Nektulos wrote:
    hope your joking. SK are one of the worst fighter (only less usefull fighter to a raid is the bruiser) and assassin ? Their DPS is only a bit over swashy/ brigand DPS but without all the ubber utility those class bring. Actualy the DPS difference on predator vs rogues is so low it far to compensate for the lack of buff/debuff.
  10. ARCHIVED-Aenielle Guest

One has to love the lack of +subjugation on our epic.... did they forgot we are the only real CC class in this game?
  11. ARCHIVED-Nembutal Guest

It could be worse... the mythical version of your epic while not being fantastic is 10x better than what happened to some of the other classes I play.

Zerker - AE damage when epics are single target 90% of the time... NO TANKING ABILITY
    Fury - nuke boosting when their primary job is healing.. the only healing is done by either someone else... or randomly (which doesn't count in my book.)

The dirge epic is obiously the best I have availible to me any time in the near future
    The illusionist is actually the 2nd best... while mana regen isn't key to you... concentration slots are... look at all those slots you save!
    The inquisitor is the 3rd best... which is sad because it really is a bad epic... just it beats zerker and fury hands down in terms of doing things thier class needs... and I am only ranking the 5 I consider myself knowing the class well enough to judge.

So while I kind of understand where you are coming from.. trust me... it could be WAY worse... at least you get concentration slots which you need. Your downfall is on raids you either need rapidity or dynasism (haste or spell proc.. I might have the names wrong) you usually don't need both... but in mixed groups or if you want to have your personae out you do OK with your mythical epic.

Say for instance (and this happens sometimes on our raids) You have

Fury (healer/DPS)
    Illusionist (caster buffer/DPS)
    Warlock (DPS)
    Wizard (DPS)
    Paladin (a tad more healing... but hate reducer)
    Troubadour (caster buffer)

Paladin and Troub both need Haste to do thier jobs well... 10% double attack and 1 less conc slot used is a cool bonus.
    You can now add procs to everyone INCLUDING the troub.. since you saved one buff from haste.. OR add a group buff.
    And you can have your Personae out to boost DPS a bit.

In this case it's a pretty rock solid epic IMHO...
    also it opens you up to moving to a melee group in a pinch when no dirge is availible... 10% double attack is pretty sweet... bards pay 24 AA's to get that... trust me... I did it for a while until I needed AE immune. However in this case you will now have a hard time probably finding something to spend all your concentration on.

So keep up the good fight but don't get too down in the dumps... some people are way worse off than you.
  12. ARCHIVED-Xanoth Guest

This thread should really have been split in two, one for the Fabled, one for the Mythical (and one for the little boy who lives down the lane... lame joke but Runnyeye is down for 3 times longer than scheduled and I really am this bored).

The Fabled epic probably leaves most illusionists disappointed as many would be replacing WoCP with it should they choose to use it. If you don't have access to getting the mythical soon and don't have dark orb of the mind (I don't either but I have had plenty of chances to bid, but never did due to "needing" necro orb's power proc), you would really need some good DPS items to replace some of your other power proc items to make using the Fabled epic worth while. If you have crystal gift, it's probably not worth using the Fabled epic. It still offers power to the group, but many illusionists will probably be loosing out by using it.

The Mythical, I can't really fault it. The power proc can be unreliable at times, but so can all the others. Having the pet is great for instances, almost useless though on many avatars that disarm or have multiple AEs (no instance mobs realy cause much poblems for it, it even survives fine on Trakanon, which i was supprised about). Rapacity being group wide saves some con and the double attack is good for everyone, especially you and your pet. The power proc again removes the need for any other power proc items for you and probably the same for the rest of your group.