Illusionst Epic POST your Impressions on what they gave us

Discussion in 'Illusionist' started by ARCHIVED-Slackerx, Feb 8, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-willyb Guest

The thing about our epic that is so strange is.
    In order for us to do decent/good dps we depend on procs and skillful spell clicking basically.
    This weapon is an udder joke....
    Honestly, when looking at nearly every other quested heroic epic weapon. Then looking at ours. It is really hard to understand
    how you guys finished designing this weapon and said "Yes! now that is a winner for the illy's, they awt to love this one".
    It is insulting to ur fan base and players to put a weapon like this in the game after all of the hard work that we put in to constantly try and
    tweak our LIMITED abilities as they are.
    P.S. NO GROUP NEEDS OUR EPIC TO HELP THEM GET POWER
  2. ARCHIVED-Tehom Guest

Both enchanter epics have procs which are of negligible value. This is a large problem because procs of other items (and not raid items either, say, level 70 heroic items) trump it to such an absurd degree.
    All they need to do is change the coercer epic to increase spell/CA damage by 10% rather than reduce power costs, and make ours add a large damaging proc with two triggers to the group rather than that stupid mana gain proc. Yeah, it would make the coercer epic than ours, but I'd cheerfully throw them a bone. At least if it was a group damage increaser there'd be a strong argument to use it over wand of crystalized plasma for us poor schmucks who don't have dark orb of the mind or whatever.
  3. ARCHIVED-Riversideblues Guest

Aeralik wrote:
    THANKS, NO ONE WILL STILL USE IT

I'm surprised groups in saints of norrath have that poor power usage.

Fact is, utility is great, but for this item to be better than any other group item we could get right now it needs to add some kind of damage for the illusionist or for his/her group. This will be more evident when you notice that no illusionist will ever use theirs, a casual grouper who likes to do instances won't need the power, savante and gazes can keep the power up for a group even in coa with constant pulling. Plus they have better options like the quested two hander at 80, grizzfazzles from level 65, the unrest wand from level 70, and SOD at level 70. Raiders are definitely not going to use it, even people who just raid protectors realm are going to add more raid dps using the 4% recast baton than our current group form epic.

Bards are utility classes also, now why is it they got damage procs or effects that increase their dps, and we got a group effect that our group doesn't care about
  4. ARCHIVED-Druesius Guest

I also don't participate much in threads such as these, but since Bouncer Prud simply isn't spawning, I'm keeping myself entertained with the forums. I'm not going to waste my time finishing this quest if it isn't changed. I'd rather spend my time farming for praetor's guard, arm guard of the farseer, and such and using my T7 soulfire. I know the community can seem to be whiny on certain issues...but I have not seen anyone have anything good to say about that weapon. And I'm not talking about just illusionists, I mean ANYONE. I feel like we're at the butt end of a joke here.
  5. ARCHIVED-Lleinen Guest

Same boat as coercers guys.

Power regen stuff.....like we need it as is? *sigh
  6. ARCHIVED-Zmeik Guest

Imo - if developers think that we must have manaregen proc - ok, but made it better. Thats my variant
    on a succesful hostile spell this spell has 9% chance to cast Soothing Mind on target
    Deals 800 damage and split 800 mana to group (800\6 = 133, (3) for each member of group ). It will have group utility, raid utility and be ok comparing to other mage weapons.
  7. ARCHIVED-Xalibur Guest

[IMG]
    Heres an image...its just sad...
    also it will only be usefull for classes that actually ATTACK. You healers is oom ? Tell him to nuke the mob ? Get real !
  8. ARCHIVED-Stinky123 Guest

Here is the thing, devs need to understand the illusionist becuase obviously they dont.
    Any group that runs out of power, especially now in ROK is a horrible group, any raid that runs out of power is a horrible raid. An illusionist by him/herself will never run out of power even without proc gear, and even IF there was some strange encounter where they would, they can pop on crystal gift and bam no power problems at all.
    So now lets look at the weapon again,
    The proc is HORRIBLE, nobody in there right mind would ever use this. Lets face it grizzlefazzles is a much better weapon then this. Given the fact that most of RoK gear was done pretty badly and dosn't fit an illusionist at all I kind of half expeted this thing not to be "awsome" but come on. Lets analize shall we.
    SOD > epic
    grizzlefazzle > epic
    godking staff > epic (we are talking t5 content here its grey and its twice the staff this epic is)

Now I have faith in the devs I am just very concerned, when every illusy during suggestions said absolutely no power proc whey did we end up with a power proc? This is the VP fabled set all over again (do devs really think we want the full set for its "awsome" bonus lol. I just would really like it if a dev or someone came to talk to us about this and fixed this thing, we are not looking for something that lets us beat all other classes, we are just looking to actually change our weapons. Unless the raid version just is absolutely amazing (would need to have a proc that does more then 8% of our dps to replace WoCP), then nobody is even going to bother ever wearing this thing. A quote from SOE said that epics were to be the end all weapons of eq2, ie the best of the best, and at level 60 my illusy had better gear then this.
  9. ARCHIVED-Jargoni Guest

Yeah, I don't have the words to describe how disappointed I was when I saw our epic linked for the first time. First one I saw linked was the Coercer one, and I thought, ok, it's pretty nice, and 6 hours of questing. Thinking that the difficulty of the quests has to be proportionate to the reward, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the useless thing they call our epic.

It's truly become a joke. When you want to say "Oh, that's utter crap", you can say instead "Oh, that's utter illu epic". Being the only illu in my guild my guildies symphatised with me, saying how sorry they feel for me. So even the non-illus can see how bad the proc is.

Honestly, please think about it. We have been given an epic weapon that at least 99% of us will never use (we already have much better ones). Not even for looks. It's just a stick, not much better looking than some crafted wands... I'm not going to whine too much about that, but after seeing some of the epics like the bruiser one and being amazed how great they looked with their animations...

The quest itself is very nice and entertaining, minus the bugs.
  10. ARCHIVED-fenicks13 Guest

I wonder what the devs are thinking....are they reading these? Do they even care what players think.....

Lets go back to the post where devs asked us what we wanted??? Does anyone see anything about a power proc in there?? I hope that this was a mistake and they didn't intend to put that proc on there, because if they ment to have that they should /reroll Dev Team....

Clearly SOE does not have knowledge about what classes to in raids....paladins got screwed too, SoE has lost their talent from EQ1, what a shame to see the magic go!
  11. ARCHIVED-Peebo Guest

I for one wont use the epic, Theres better Treasured items i could get more a use from than that lame excuse for a weapon.
    its going to cause even more use of the sprint button in combat just to try and stay under 30% power for DPS.
    Theres no T8 Carpenters on Nagafen that still play so cant complete the quest anyway!!!!!!
  12. ARCHIVED-Vylia Guest

Reminds me of Prismatic 1.0.
    Very very sad pos Illusionist Epic
  13. ARCHIVED-Travelin'Man Guest

Had to log in and add my name to the growing list of Illusionists that think our epic is useless. We do NOT have problems keeping our groups power up as we are Illusionists and that is a job we already do very well. With our group power buff, Savante, Devitalizing Gazes, and Mana Cloak, we do NOT need a piece of gear to improve that part of our job as we are already excellent at it without it. Give us something that matters to us!
  14. ARCHIVED-Tarkadal Guest

Well. the stats are fine I guess. And I don't mind the +4 spell crit chance. I still doubt that I will go so far as to actually bother equipping it though. Which, when you think of it is kind of sad.
  15. ARCHIVED-matife Guest

I normally do not post, so this is one of my first. I cannot begin to state how disappointed I am in our epic. The proc is useless, I will not use. Nor do I even consider the design even worthwhile... as a 80 woodworker the wands I make look very similar. Lots of hype, big let down.

Please, look up the term Epic. Explain how treasured items have more use than this "Epic".

It's obvious the person or team who designed this has absolutely no idea about what an Illusionist does, I'd even go close to saying they may never even have played a toon past lvl 20.

Please, do your research before giving us junk and calling it "Epic".

Thanks.
  16. ARCHIVED-Montizuma Guest

I have to agree. A power proc is very dissapointing. I see a lot of people posting for damage proc, which woiuld be nice. However, i would actually love to see something that is one of a kind, original, and not on other items we (or anyone else) can get.
    What made EQ1 epics so nice, was the effects. (at least they were, when the epics came out then). Example: Enchanters in eq1 were known for thier haste, and thier mana regen. They got a great haste on that epic.
    Personaaly i would love to see an illusion type proc. You know, a 30 second dps pet that is a mirror of the mob your fighting.
    Just for god's sake do not put any trivial effects on it, that can be found on another item!
  17. ARCHIVED-Belizarius Guest

Just adding my voice as politely as possible. I do appreciate the fact that a dev wrote to clarify the effect, and just maybe my raid group would be more thrilled about having power regen than I am. But I doubt it.
    The only reason I am continuing with this epic, is in the hope that the raid version will have something useful on it.
    I don't think I will actually equip this item (unless they give us an appearance slot for weapons...).
    And for people in non-raid guilds, sadly the group version of the epic would be a big waste of time. In which case, seems a bit pointless having group versions of epics...
    You really need some constructive input from high level Illusionist mains. To be fair, a lot of the posts here that complain aren't offering constructive suggestions.
    What would be nice in its place? Dunno. Proccing a group buff isn't itself a bad idea. Just something more useful than this, maybe based on some of our other abilities...
  18. ARCHIVED-Stinky123 Guest

Belizarius wrote:
    Well lets consider what your raid group wants. My raid group never has a problem with mana, so if I put this on they will see no mana difference in the item AND my dps will go down roughly 8%+. I think my group/raid force is going to throw a fit when my dps goes down that much just so they can have power they don't need.
  19. ARCHIVED-Elden Guest

Very discouraged..I won't be using it..no point really..i never run out of pwoer..and neither does anyone I group with. I already have many ways of regaining our power..i don't need a weapon to add yet another way. Besides which there are some fights(raid) where regaining a whole lot of power is a bad thing. I'll stick it in the bank..sigh and pray they change it to something actually useful..like say +10% to base damage of all spells..with a nice 1k mental damage proc, or reduce threat priority of all non-fighters in group by 2 positions along with a nice damage proc or increase to base damage of spells. There are so many ways they could have gone..and instead they think enchanter..well lets give them more power..*roll eyes* We don't need more power regen..we need more dps..or utility that's useful.

Majika 80 Illusionist, Crushbone
  20. ARCHIVED-Equinon Guest

Funny, looks like they removed my post completely....well it stayed on here for a total of 2 hours....LMAO

Either that or I just can't see my own post for some reason. Well, least it lets me know that somebody IS watching this forum, even if they don't give a reason for removing posts and/or a reason for this weapon proc and the comaring of it's graphics to the graphics of Soulfire (which is better imo).

Update: apologies for the post on "firing" somebody. I'll attempt not to use such "inappropriate" language in the future. Guess I was hoping that it would help push just how upset most players are with this weapon.......guess not :p Either way, thank you for sending me mail as to why my post was "inappropriate" and thank you for letting me know the post is watched (or is it just me? LOL) I'll try to keep my future "constructive criticism" within the boundaries next time and not step on anybody's feet :) Thank you again for replying to me ;)