Illusionst Epic POST your Impressions on what they gave us

Discussion in 'Illusionist' started by ARCHIVED-Slackerx, Feb 8, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-BlindFighter Guest

Same goes to me to,i usually dont post here even i watch these forums every day. I just wan to add my opinion here too and ask once more the dev team or who ever is responsible,just one thing. There is not a chance that someone responsible NOT to see these forums, NO ONE to hear people (paying customers) that they are disappointed about the epic (not worth the word ) weapon they gave us, and to step forward and say SOMETHING. You dont have you come here and post the changes you think to do or the exact procs, just come here and say AT LEAST that you know the problem and you working on it. Any official answer will calm the illusionist community which some of them already thinking to betray or reroll. Cant understand why you dont do a simple thing like this.
    Many illusionists i have spoken have stopped their progress due technical problems,broken quests, stolen items (furnitures), never spawning NPCS or the final fabled reward. If the epic questline wasnt ready to go live why its been? i mean we have waited so many time for this,me personally would preffer to wait 4 weeks more and complete this questline with no problems and a nice weapon, than this... item and broken quest. Please give us an answer.

EDIT: Plz excuse me for my English, i know that they are horrible...
  2. ARCHIVED-Magic8Ball Guest

It appears to me that SOE did a numbers crunch and figured that since there are so few illusionists playing anyway - SOE would just put something - anything - in and be done with us. /sarcasm off

I logged in on patch day and was probably excited like the rest of you to see what was coming our way -

I play on Nagafen and when I looked at the PvP gear for the Illusionist - I knew we were all in trouble. I held my breath and though ok - one strike isn't bad - there's still the epic weapon. But my hopes would only be an 'illusion'.

I didn't even bother to check out the link... I KNEW what was coming....

Please get someone that actually plays this class and discuss with them what the lusionist out there really want...

Thank you -

- Blink
  3. ARCHIVED-Meanderer Guest

Thought I would add my tuppence worth.

Am I delighted and excited by our new 'Epic' weapon?
    In short - no. (Go on - who was surprised by that?)

Do I think we should have all developers taken out and shot because of it?
    Perhaps a little strong.

Would I still quite like to run through the questline?
    For goodness sake - fix the ridiculous - bugs, how long was this update delayed in the first place???

Come on guys - sort it out and, perhaps, have a bit of a THINK about what weapons are suitable for the class. Perhaps a decent power drain would be more suitable??

After I saw the illusionist reward I hurried to check what my ranger was going to get, and was genuinely surprised to see a bow! We really should be able to have a bit more faith than that!!
  4. ARCHIVED-Belizarius Guest

Mihos wrote:
    Unfortunately we just wouldn't get groups or raid spots in the current scheme of things, without DPS.
    We don't need more utility. It would be nice for us if the utility we already had was more useful in game. Or do you have in mind something useful, something that we don't currently have?
    Agree with you 100% about the broken quest steps.
  5. ARCHIVED-gchouin Guest

It saddens me that feedback was asked for and completely ignored. This item is the one thing no illusionist wanted for their epic. We voiced it loudly.
    The saddens me even more that the developers of our epic had such little feel for the illusionist class that they actually created a weapon which no illusionist would use as our Epic Weapon!
    I know it is not the raid version and I pray that more thought was put into that one but I highly expected the group version to be better then T7 legendary drops from instances or quests.......
    Beguile, 80 Illusionist, Unrest
  6. ARCHIVED-Lacuna Guest

I think the problem is SOE looks at us a stricly a buff class where as the people who play the class in game looks at our selves as a DPS class that has good buffs. It bothers me that soe realy realy does not understand how we play opur class. Now cause of the epics and what is Rumored to be on ours we are a buff bot class and will be smoked on every parse. 10% spell double attack for wizards, the Conj one that is amazing. and us buffs buffs buffs. Makes me an emo illy for sure.
  7. ARCHIVED-Scheppi Guest

The illusionist epic weapon was released with Kingdom of Sky - Grizzlefazzles Mace, then again with Echoes of Faydwer - Soulfire Staff/WoCP. That is all. We should feel lucky! We got our epics years before other classes! This new weapon we are questing for? Oh, that is the Mirage of an Epic, or MoaE. Dunno, nicer shortened.

Seriously though, a power proc?! www.eq2flames.com, under the illusionist forums. There is a great post full of awesome suggestions. Did you read it? Negative. The dev incharge of the Illusionist obviously ignored. This dev made an ignorant assumption about the purpose of the Illusionist class. Then this dev created a functionless "Pretend Epic" for a class that he/she apparently knows little about.

There are apparently capable devs making epics, ones who understand the class they are designing it for. Unfortunately we were not able to possess such a designer.

Just erase the useless power proc and make it a damage proc/base damage increase. How was that so difficult?

Venting is fun and all, but getting this faux epic changed is more important. I have heard nothing but discontent for this MoaE. NOT ONE SINGLE VOICE OF SOMEBODY WHO LIKES IT. It had better make an impression on the designer/s in charge of this thing.
  8. ARCHIVED-Kahna Guest

I can only assume that this is our nerf. SOE's answer to balancing the illusionist down a bit on the parses is to give everyone else dmg enhancement on their epics and short us on ours. In answer to the person who suggested that a power proc would let us stay below 30% power longer, thereby increasing our dps. I can chain nuke for 10 min without running out of power while staying under 30% the whole time. Not many fights that last longer than 10 min.
  9. ARCHIVED-Equinon Guest

Okay, going to put this in different light so that maybe a Dev will understand better WHY we are a dps class now.

1. Give us mana regen abilities for individuals and groups........Then.....Put so many power regen items in the game that this is pointless anymore. Our one single group regen is plenty.....there's several wasted spell slots.

2. Give us crowd control so that we may reduce the number of mobs we are fighting and/or control any adds we may get during that fight.......THen......Make this a pointless ability on any raid and create gear and abilities for others that makes it so that crowd control is of very minimul use. (Pffft....even the bruiser and wizard in our groups has the ability to mez a mob now, how crappy is that?)....throw these spell slots out now.

3. Give us the ability to drain a mobs power therefore reducing it's effectiveness against our current group.....Then.......make the mobs that we end up using these abilities on immune or completely resistant to the effect, therefore creating even more useless spell slots (oh, wait...I might use this for an extra stun or stifle, but the mana reduction is completely pointless and doesn't exist imo) ;(

4. Leave us with nothing now except for our DPS spells and temporary buffs (and they do what you say? INCREASE OUR OWN DPS) and turn around giving us a pos EPIC weapon like this? Believe it or not, I can run my illy with only 3 hot bars now, thank you Devs. All my other 70+ toons need a minimum of 5 hot bars to keep everything at the ready.

Soooo.......Who at SoE exactly is it that does not understand what YOU have done to our class and WHY we cannot play the way we were created to play? Who at SoE is it that hates the illusionist class? Did they play EQ1 and see just how effective we were in groups and raids (where you could actually mez raid mobs). Who at SoE decided it would be fun to make ALL of our spells (minus a very minor few) USELESS except for our DPS SPELLS?

I wonder why everybody is pissed over this weapon? LMAO......NOT! Step back and take a look at what you have created. Trying ever so hard to make no class needed to complete anything in this game and to make ALL classes equally useful with absolutely NO individuality anymore. THIS is what is ruining your game SONY!!! Why the f does a bruiser get a mez? Why does any class gain abilities that should not inherently be involved with that class? Why are you making spells useless against mobs or in groups? I'm not going to say you need to fire anybody or replace anybody......but I am going to say you need to NERF YOUR OWN DEV TEAM!!!!!

Replace this proc with something useful, even at the group level ;(
  10. ARCHIVED-Oneira Guest

Equinon wrote:
  11. ARCHIVED-Olinlore Guest

After the flood of comments from various illusionists that actually play the game, im just curious about why the dev that developed the weapon hasnt commented on why this is best weapon attainable at lvl 80 for the class for use in groups, throughout the whole game in its current state. (cant remember the exact PR promotional terms used to sell the epics)
    Guess the silence speaks volumns here, with the exception the proc is group wide (which isnt referred to on the weapon anyways .. says on caster) and should help others i dont know, as power for others in any groups im in never seems to be a problem, even in the longer raid fights with mana flow, savant, percolate, mana shroud, extract mana, manatap, shards, hearts and all the power regen equipment rok brought in with it. (Illys have power coming out of their ears as it is for themselves and others). Presumably any weapon should assist in damaging to be effective not adding further to something that is already in abundant supply as it is ... lol half our spells seem to be battery related exaggeration i know but why on earth would any think from the above list we'd need even more.
    Sadly this has taken me back to my Star wars galaxies days after playing this game in bliss for a year or so, there in that game the devs too completely failed to pay attention to their player base or communicate with their concerns leading to disasterious consequences.
    In that game the devs asked for their player base to put forward ideas and wish lists for their prospective professions and then after presumably reading all that was put forward went directly against the majority wishes put forward without feeling any need whatsoever to explain to there paying customers why. It cost them alot in the end and they promised they had learnt from it. Please do not make the same mistakes in this game, to me its brilliant and has been to this point.
  12. ARCHIVED-Rykal Guest

Olinlore wrote:
    That was horrid, but I feel the same way and commented it too in another post. It is not quite to that extreme yet, but customer service and responses have been getting worse and worse. I am scared for the direction that they are about to go.
  13. ARCHIVED-Slackerx Guest

Has anyone seen or heard a responce from the derv about our overwheling disapointment with our epic?
    how had is it to say:
    we read your post and are taking things into consideration?
    or we realize alot of you are disapointed
    or anything at all?
  14. ARCHIVED-Jeger_Wulf Guest

How about:
    We realize you are all dissappointed with your epic. We hope that some of you will reroll as troubadours.
    WARNING: This was satire. I actually am happy with EQ2, and with my illusionist. I just don't like the epic. :D
  15. ARCHIVED-Safta Guest

This epic is totally worthless and a real disapointement. Like all else stated before we don't need help to enchant groups power.
    And even less do we need help to maintain power ourself. All serious illusionist can maintain power with FT/power proc items/savante/mana cloak etc etc. Not only for ourself but for our group.
    Give us a dmg proc please, this proc is about equal as good as t8 power drain adornment. What a joke.
  16. ARCHIVED-Pogball Guest

Have to add my tuppence to all the other illusionists disappointment.

This really is poor and i truely hope it gets changed.
  17. ARCHIVED-Peebo Guest

I got my whacking stick today, Glad to announce its tucked away in the bank :/

Edit* There is so much in combat power regen armour since RoK this is the most useless weapon FACT.
  18. ARCHIVED-Teare Guest

I think we flew by something that Blink of Nagafen mentioned. SOE looks at the numbers and there just aren't that many Illusionists left. Their rate of caring is directly proportional to the number of people that play that class. Lets look real quick though at why so few people play Illusionists.
    When we started the game it was great, TONS of people playing the class, having fun but we really hadn't hit raid content yet. As soon as that happened we found out that we couldn't do any form of crowd control, stun, stifle or really effect a fight in any useful way other then buff haste and auto follow. Back then power regen meant a little.
    When they finally did give us the ability to do our primary skills, they of course nerfed them to hell and back. We got a 10sec mez followed by a minute and a half immunity, the stifle didnt't work at all and the stun for a WHOLE second and a half meant immunity for a minute. More people leave the class for assassins, rangers, warlocks (amazing that their epic and assassin epics rock and a lot of devs play them, coincidence I am sure)
    KoS and EoF give us some AA abilities and we adapt to at best be bad wizards but we do have some buffs so guilds keep one of us around. We still loose more and more players to the other power classes. There was a bright shining moment when one of our spells had meaning on a fight - The Matron but as soon as the devs found out we had value.... NERF THAT!!!
    Now it is RoK and we can be decent DPS with some buffs that help the raid but our numbers have gotten so low that SOE really doesn't care anymore. The proof of that is that the haste cap isn't changed plus all the melee classes can self buff or with limited gear reach that cap. Our Savante goes unchanged but we still hold back hope for the epic weapons. The Epics come out and we are dumped on once again. This weapon screams, "we ran out of time so we put no thought into this at all." Is SOE so scared that we might be useful that they can't throw us a bone at all.
    WE ALL KNOW THAT THE ENCHANTER WAS OVERPOWERED IN EVERQUEST ONE!!!!!!!! But if I am seeing things correctly we just got our FOUR year veteren reward. Get over it already, EQ1 is ancient history and I am tired of paying for your mistakes in a whole different game. It is time to balance this class compared to others. I know we may not play the characters the dev team has chosen to play but we still PAY the same amount a month as every other class.
    I am offended that they continue to dump on the class I chose and that I love. I am offended that they took all our feedback on two sets of forums, here and flames but gave us the one thing we clearly voiced we didn't want in our epic. I am the most offended however that you one, seem to be more concerned with deleting posts and silencing those that are unhappy and two, choose to ignore us on these forums. You can't tell me that in a weeks time the whole dev team was sooooo busy that you couldn't take a few minutes from your day to make a post. The only post we get is one to clarify a proc that you screwed up in the wording. If your excuse was you were too busy fixxing broken quest mobs then my question is this, why you didn't you test it before you released it? I mean, you promised us epic weapons when we PAID for RoK and here we are three months later so what is another week? You have already failed in what you promised, get it right on release.
    I am sure this post will be erased too because I am not happy but I am really sick of being the Dev's punching bag.
  19. ARCHIVED-koroner Guest

Well add me to the list.

Just completed the quest, equiped it, took a look at my char with it... and two minutes later dropped it in the bank.

Sigh, even the graphic is poor, no animation, no particule effect, not even good to show while afk in qeynos harbor.

Only one effect on it while most epic have 2, no spell damage.

And most of the time, if someone in my group is runing out of mana, it's mainly the healer, which won't have any use for this effect.

Very disapointed ...

And while i 'am only raiding protector atm , i have no problem to finish the fight without going oom starting at 30%.
  20. ARCHIVED-Jargoni Guest

Just saw the mythical version (which I won't be getting prolly in years). It's nice that the personae pet doesn't take conc slots with it, at least some additional dps from that. But with the group rapidity it's all too clear what's being expected from us... I don't think illys with the mythical epic will be put in the mage group on raids any more.