Illusionst Epic POST your Impressions on what they gave us

Discussion in 'Illusionist' started by ARCHIVED-Slackerx, Feb 8, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Slackerx Guest

Now that our epic is out there i figured it is time to give some feedback on what the Illusionst Comunity thinks about the Epic wep
    Here are my thoughts:
    I saw a link to our epic and all i can say is i could not be more disapointed in the non-raid version.. The proc on the item is a power proc witch is not needed (I never run out of poower unless i sprint myself to 0).. when the dervs were disguessing the epics during developement they said the weaps would be designed to enhance the skills of the class..Illusionst are Dps/Suport (as you all know) and this weap does not benifist either of those rolls.. there are many other weaps already in the game that are much better for dps/suport situations in the game. This weap is not even close to the END ALL BE ALL for illusionst that it was billed out to be. The only reason i am continuing the quest is to 1. wear it in the harbor (does look real cool nice job there) 2. in the hopes that the raid version adds a Dmg proc or something that would make it better then the soulfire staff i am useing now(t7 wtf this epic isnt ever better then t7!!)
  2. ARCHIVED-Althena Guest

Its crap, absolute crap, without a damage proc on it most illusionist will never use it considering all our damage comes from procs....

Oon top of that, hello why the heck do we need mana? I mean come on, further illustrates that devs have no clue - or simply do not play illusionist....

I got about 26 disco's for this stoopid thing on my server and only need 2 masks and now, frankly, don't think i'm even gonna bother finishing it.

When you can get a better weapon doing a quest to run thru maidens chamber (takes about hour , hour and a half) it tells you this epic is crap.
  3. ARCHIVED-Jeger_Wulf Guest

Bummer! I hate it.
  4. ARCHIVED-TwistedFaith Guest

Crap item, designed by someone who doesnt have a clue have illusionist work.
  5. ARCHIVED-Xalibur Guest

it just sucks ! my current weapon is better (stats and effects..)

just really sad ...
  6. ARCHIVED-Safta Guest

Worst reward i ever seen.
  7. ARCHIVED-Riversideblues Guest

i posted this on the general forums:

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=406809

Our epic is such bull. It's worse than items you get from Protector's Realm.
    Hell, it's worse than items you get out of LEVEL SIXTY DEN OF THE DEVOURER QUEST

Thanks for giving us one of the hardest and longest quests and giving us THE worst item.
  8. ARCHIVED-Ecstasy Guest

I saw our epic linked in the ww illy channel today...what a POS. On top of that I am unable to even finish the quest due to Twocan and the goblin witchdoctor being bugged and MIA. Sadly, I can't say I'm surprised with the way things turned out. Hotfixe that break as much as they fix. and poor itemization that is out of touch with what the classes really need. Some things never change.
  9. ARCHIVED-Riversideblues Guest

Dev's play SK and assassin pretty heavily, it's no surprise that the classes with good affects are the ones that devs play

This affect is like 100 times worse than manaflow, which requires 1 AA point. wow, would you give rogues another chance to steal money?????

This is complete bull
  10. ARCHIVED-Dem Guest

I'll also like to add that the Warlock epic weapon kicks butt. Is it so difficult to give us something like that? I'm very dissapointed in this so called EPIC weapon for Illusionists.
  11. ARCHIVED-Peebo Guest

What a dissapointment and a half :/ im trying to get rid of power using sprint in most fights the last thing i need is more power. wtb a damage proc
  12. ARCHIVED-KoVoo Guest

WOW, This is a joke. Nice one SOE. Next time have someone who knows about the illusionist class make the weapon.
  13. ARCHIVED-Dem Guest

I got a question, why is this weapon considered FABLED? By far the worst dissappointment in a class epic weapon.
  14. ARCHIVED-Riversideblues Guest

Whoever did the conj epic please re-designed ours and remake it, I have faith in your amazing work
  15. ARCHIVED-Slackerx Guest

Great lets keep the post coming with the hopes that someone in soe will get the message..

Remember Be honest and try to keep it sivel so soe will take these post serious

dulamar
    80 Illusionst
    Lucan
  16. ARCHIVED-Olinlore Guest

The makers of the game are really taking the **** with this , I can only equate it to giving toilet paper to a baby in a nappy !!!
  17. ARCHIVED-Xalibur Guest

I would not use my level 80 epic if it was given to me at level 70.
    Illusionist EPIC??, thanks for being 100% out of touch with the players.

I will add this to my signature ;)
  18. ARCHIVED-Kitra Guest

I rarely post, more an observer, but this warrants EVERY Illusionist on every server to speak out - try to relay feelings toward this travesty that Sony calls our EPIC Weapon. I could not wait to get it, I was there when epics were released in EQ1 and now in EQ2. Questing, killing, orchestrating groups and raids to achieve a prize unlike anything else in the game. I mean it is EPIC. (or at least supposed to be). As I saw links to many other classes new EPICS I only got more excited to see mine. Until that is, I actually did see it. as posted earlier, the Conj epic is truly a sight to behold and whoever designed it, put thought and heart into it, i was and am still impressed with it. OURS? looks like a T6 Wand. and the Effect? THIS IS SAD, TRULY SAD. Sony, I dont usually get involved in the PLEASE change it discussions - you cant make everyone happy with everything you do, but take a look at what you have given us - I have not heard of a single Illusionist that would be happy with this reward. I cannot stress enough that you call this EPIC.

Completely disheartened at this point.
  19. ARCHIVED-LivelyHound Guest

Well finally saw it logging on today in the WW chat and having seen the coercer one a while back I had figured they would give us a power proc of some sort to. Wasn't wrong. Can't believe the proc though... utter rubbish. Not even power to the group like coercers... like we needed power anyway =( No extra effect like the coercer one, whats that all about (p.s. whats the activatable effect do for coercers, i figure its a limited time pet summon, but havnt found out for sure yet)

Furthermore, I got rid of every power proc item I had months ago, same with +mana regen, because it's hard enough keeping VM going with all the extra power. Now they give us more. I havn't had a group run out of power or run out of power myself since rok came out, and this is the EPIC weapon for GROUPS, so sure maybe extra power will help in raids so put it on the raid version. I don't know, I dont raid rok yet. But this group version, anything and I mean anything would have been better than a power proc.

One other thing, all the other epics I have seen the graphic has a moving part. Why's ours static? It's a small thing but I was looking forward to having a weapon that looked cool with moving parts ;S

So all in all...

This is an EPIC weapon...

It is EPICALLY TERRIBLE.

Very, very disappointed.
  20. ARCHIVED-xfbishop Guest

same deal here, cant complete due to non-spawning mobs, so out of boredom while camping i looked up the reward on lootdb(nagafen=no ww channels) and was completely amazed by how crappy it was, when i finally finish it ill prolly check it out cause the damage spread looks like it could do well(str spec) but in the end ill probably stick with carotid...