I remember when I tried eq2 before conjurers could offer a bit to groups, still true?

Discussion in 'Conjuror' started by ARCHIVED-jay777, Oct 25, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

I have a Wizard and a Conjuror. They both cast spells as a form of DPS. That's pretty much where all similarity ends.
    Wizards cast very, very slowly. Conjurors cast (relative to Wizards) very quickly. The Wizards spells hit much, much harder than the Conjuror spells.
    There are situations where my Wizard can burst better than my Conjuror. There are situations where my Conjuror can burst better than my Wizard. There are times when my Conjuror does better long term damage than my Wizard, and likewise times when the Wizard does better. Their DPS levels overall are very comparable, but they get to that place in very different manners. The Wizard probably has slightly better numbers overall.
    For soloing, once again, they are very comparable, while getting there in totally different manners. A Conjuror either lets his pet tank or snare kites his target around. A Wizard is almost totally dependant on the quality of his root spells. If it can be rooted, a Wizard can kill it. If it can be snared, a Conjuror can kill it.
    It's really quite simple. Two mages with completely different styles, arriving at similar end results.
  2. ARCHIVED-jay777 Guest

Which is what I have been saying the whole time, wizards longer casts biger hits, conjurers faster casts more damage over time, longer fights conjurer, shorter fights wizards, you just proved it by comparing them.
  3. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

jay777 wrote:
    No you still dont get it.
    There is nothing to prove cause you are comparing nothing but different paths to get to the same place.
    And comparing them means zero in terms of who does more dps in longer fights or shorter fights since both classes have comparable dps.
    Comparable dps over 20 seconds...over 1 min...over 10 mins....over 3 hours.
    Generally same dps..... different ways to generate it ........ REGARDLESS of combat time.

And actually shortest fight possible a conj would win so throw your theroy out the window cause it doesnt work.
    Just like wepons in game.... longer delay higher damage and shorter delay lesser damage......both have same damage rating.
  4. ARCHIVED-jay777 Guest

Yawns are you done trying to prove your point yet?
  5. ARCHIVED-hellfire Guest

Nope ......
    Are you done yet ....cause this is fun /stretch
  6. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

I have a spell as a Wizard that does (on average) 10,000 points of damage. It takes me 4 seconds to cast. I have a spell as a Conjuror that does (on average) 5,000 points of damage. It takes me 2 seconds to cast.
    Who does more damage over 40 seconds?
    Neither. They arrive at exactly the same place, 2500 DPS, despite the fact that the Wizard spell hits twice as hard.
    That's the trade off.
    A Wizard has to pay careful attention to AE's and make sure that his long casting spells don't get interrupted when those land. A Conjuror has less of this to worry about since his spells don't take as long to cast. However, the Conjuror faces the "burden" of watching out for his pet and making sure the pet is properly positioned / protected from AE's.
    Again, a trade off. Both must pay attention, but for different reasons. Different paths to the same end result.
    Wizard. Conjuror. Similar results, different means to achieve them.
  7. ARCHIVED-jay777 Guest

Ok your right then. Good journey.
  8. ARCHIVED-Germs666 Guest

Alfeo wrote:Edit:
    Don't even say summoners because Necros are far from sorcerors.
  9. ARCHIVED-Germs666 Guest

Alfeo wrote:
    Don't even use the "N" word here because there is no evidence of Necros being capable of breaking 100k dps on single target raid mobs
  10. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Nor is there all that much evidence of Conjurors doing that. There are a couple guilds world wide with players capable of breaking 100k. And even then only on very easy, very short fights. If your *guild* isn't capable of killing a mob like Sara Greenheart in 45-50 seconds then no one is going to break 100k.
    Yes, players like Arlian, Oonej, Solja and a few others can post big parses like that. But it's always on fights of very short duration because their guild is capable of so much burst DPS. There is nothing wrong with that, but you have to take it for what it is.
    When a fight lasts for less than the duration of Plane Shift, it gets silly like that. Rest assured that parses like that are not the norm for the Conjuror community as a whole.