I am a SAD panda about epic quest

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-RDMyth, Feb 6, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Lint26 Guest

NiteWolfe wrote:
    QFE!
    The only thing blocking me from continuing is lockouts on instances. Pretty poor quest design when the only way you can progress is getting lucky on updates or you get to sit on your hands for the next 18 hours until you can try again.
  2. ARCHIVED-Egeis Guest

missdoomcookie wrote:
    Well guess some entrepreneurs have figured out how rare these starters are and are now farming them to sell at 200+ platinum..... This is almost at bad as SWG and the holocron farming for jedi...Why could just the dirge fix have been pushed out saterday, ive seen patch notes for fixes on saterdays.
  3. ARCHIVED-Melodar Guest

Funny thing is everyone on all sides are complaining about how crappy the epics are. The fact is Sony is only worried about the Epic raiders will get. This Fabled version isn't supposed to be good only the Mythical raided one is. typical Sony raiding =all.
  4. ARCHIVED-verydanger Guest

The dirge epic weapon is perfectly okey. As a troub, I'd take the dirge one if I could in a heartbeat.

Any of you ever heard of the Resplendant Robe of Battle? It used to drop off the EoF avatars, and was the most coveted chestpiece for scouts, probably still is today. What made it so good? A 1.8/minute proc for 5 seconds of 100% melee crit. Congratulations, you just got basically the same effect on your "heroic" epic.
  5. ARCHIVED-Whysprr_Wyrd Guest

If it makes anyone happy (as if!), I think I can see the logic behind the proc on the epic and the odd speed of it:
    1. The devs are clearly trying to give dirges and perhaps Troubs a 'luck' theme; LOTD being the classic example, but all the HO manipulation stuff and even group crit / DA adds.
    2. What's luckier than a proc?
    3. And this proc is the personification of luck; you get the best roll possible while it's burning.
    4. When they normalized the effects, this one comes out to roughly equivalent to 10-12% melee crit bonus:
    1.8 trigger per min x 6 sec per trigger = proc on 18% of the time; but this proc's significantly weaker than 100% crits, because crits go above max damage. This one is roughly 2/3 as good as 100% crits by my rule-of-thumb guesstimation.
    (As an aside, it also matters what order stuff gets resolved in. Does this proc apply to double attacks? Are crits calculated on the proc damage or not -- that odd modifier to the proc language (this is modified only by...) would imply not. So you also lose your crits during the proc, probably.)
    5. BUT the value of the proc is quite dependant on how many times you attack during its duration. If it fires on an autoattack, except during CoB, with a 4 sec weapon, it's likely you'll only get one autoattack off during the proc. With a 3.5 and the typical level of haste people run at in T8, you'll get 2. My guess is that the odd delay of the weapon is based on maximizing the value of its proc.
    What the overall impact is on DPS I've no idea. I'd still prefer a proc that gives group +30% crits for 6 sec myself, being more in-theme for us, but this is better for a soloist like me so why whine?
    Especially since I won't get this thing for a month, myself, if then.
    Whysp
  6. ARCHIVED-GeminiStar Guest

Hows this for a slap in the bard face.
    Mystic epic proc is a 9% chance to cast a 12 sec GROUP double attack, it may be me but I think that screams BARD more then MYSTIC.
    I am still not saying our effect is horrible but what makes it bad is that it does not last nearly long enough and with hit rates how they are we miss too much for something like that.
  7. ARCHIVED-JerronBlacksilver Guest

Lint@Runnyeye wrote:
    Amen to this. I don't mind having to kill mobs for a rare auto update. But in an instance with lockout? And no re-spawn? That's just...beyond lame. I logged on today, and the first thing I did was go to maiden's and VoES. One update. And so for 18 hours, I can't even TRY to make progress on my quest line! Again for emphasis, CAN'T EVEN TRY!!! So, either make the update more common, or make the devourers re-spawn. Or put some devourers in Chardok or something.
  8. ARCHIVED-Zhephiraa Guest

Goldfinch@Lucan DLere wrote:
    Oo the best proc of the game could be the "cancel button" on my accompte. And i play dirge since the beginning of eq2. So, switch on your pc, your game, and try using this ****, mr Aeralik. Try to be a dirge for more than one minute, at the refuge island. And try to figure how i am nice in this post, because my english is to poor to express my feeling about all of this.
  9. ARCHIVED-arntr2 Guest

missdoomcookie wrote:
    Ummm you have got to be kidding me? I've already wasted two days killing everything I come across in Seb for a starter that isn't dropping and now I have to wait longer when you KNOW it is broke. GJ SOE .... way to impress.....
  10. ARCHIVED-gatrm Guest

As far as the weapon goes, it is a very nice proc....if only I could hit the side of a barn with a slashing. A piercer would be very nice though... It is far more effective to be able to focus only on piercing OR slashing- and the availability of +piercing gear is so much greater than slashing, that it becomes the logical choice.
    Having seen the raid version of this weapon, I can only say Awesome- though granted, I may never get it, it does give me something to aspire to.
    Now if I could only get the stinking quest starter to drop...
  11. ARCHIVED-GangleG Guest

so can a dev comment on when the "fix" is going to go through? this is getting old
  12. ARCHIVED-Rqron Guest

O.T.O.H.

this last weekend in Chelsit we must have had 20 +wooden boxes drop with the wizard starter..that nobody needed.

J.C.
  13. ARCHIVED-Morganna Guest

As someone mentioned, you can get the starter of the Gorwyn Hierophant (not named, but trash mob) in the Library in chardok (past red door). We got 2 in about an hour on Friday.
    I camped the starter for hours and hours over several days. I know all the pain that the majority of Dirges feel. But trust me when I say it is nothing compaired to having to get RARE updates off of mobs in Maidens/Vaults when there are only a few of the particular mobs that give the update (devourers). If there was no 18 hour lockout it would be fine. But as it is, it is even more frustrating than getting the starter. At least you always have a chance at getting that. With this step you are completly scre wd if you don't get the update.
  14. ARCHIVED-Cadori Seraphim Guest

PcJUNKE wrote:
    If this was a serious comment you should really seek professional help. Its not good that a game is causing you to miss school irl due to depression.

Back on topic, I do agree that this weapon is craptastic for dirges.. just wow.
  15. ARCHIVED-Belphar Guest

All right, I have refrained from adding to this thread until the hysteria died down a bit. First of all its unfortunate that the drop rate was borked at release but I have to tell you the starter is very easily attainable in Chardok. You don't have every Dirge and farmer on the server in there chasing after the one rare named and the drop although uncommon does pop and with pretty good regularity. Usually at least one drops on the round trip to the back of the library and back to the door. If not, rinse and repeat. Also, alot of classes have to go there so its not hard to get group to do it.
    As for the quest line being subject to other uncommon drops in instanced zones, it is an Epic quest after all and quite frankly I think its much easier to complete than I had expected.
    The Fabled version of the weapon while not being uber is pretty darn decent. I don't know if you realize dps potential of the proc. Slashing vs. piercing? There is plus slashing gear out there and adornments as well, a few points difference either way will not make or break you. The 3.5 delay while not being ideal is long enough.
    The Mythical version of the weapon flat out rocks. Sure everyone will find something they would rather have on it or a little more of this or that but its a great weapon.
    Anyway thats my 2 cents worth.
  16. ARCHIVED-Morganna Guest

Belphar wrote
    Epic is one thing, but what is Epic about having to the same zone again and again over several days to get 2 updates off of easy mobs? The drop rate is bugged, plain and simple. I don't mind killing ^^^85 mobs from here to eternity, or completing VP or any number of raid or instances to get my epic, but when a lot of us are blocked from doing anything about it due to faulty spawn rates it is ridiculous.
    * Note, I PM'd Doomcookie about the issue. She has said it was on her radar and has been fixed as of today but she was uncertain when the Hotfix for it would be introduced.
  17. ARCHIVED-NiteWolfe Guest

Belphar wrote:
    Fist off to be clear i have a dirge a (have not even started his epic yet he is a alt) but i play a swashy. my best friend in game is a dirge and i have helped him with every step of his epic. Compareing what we had to do for him compared to what we have had to do for me on my swashy epic is flat out stupid. I hadto click a bird on a boat to start mine. We had to farm hours to get his. I never once had a uncommon update from locked out instance. we went thru 4 lock outs on maidens and 3 lock oout s on vaults for his. this was not time that he could progress at all. Even he stated he would not had mined a rare update if it was somethign he could do outside of a instance. IE kill 300 mobs in skyfire or some thing because at least he would had felt that he was tring to progress. Instead he got to spend less than a hour doing 2 instances then sit on his butt for 17 hours between lock outs unable to progress at all. The ONLY hard part of the swashy epic is the finaly guy and wit ha decent group he really isnt bad at all and you get to him via EL docks. no having to fight my way down to deap chardock or doing acess quest to get into the area.
    The point being compared to some other classes epic quest the dirge one has bee na royal PITA!
  18. ARCHIVED-k1ndra Guest

Dunno what you have done but it still sucks, Spent 2 days and cleard most of chardok and seb still no epic starter. AM starting to get a tad miffed now .. this quest realy well and trully sucks :(..
    The quest itself must be easy cos getting it is a real pain

K.........